Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Ah, re-read your post with that in mind. I now realise you were saying that in relation to it being the greatest Batman story ever, rather than comparing it to YO.

I have actually tried to read every Batman comic (mostly throughout my 20s) and have got through an awful lot of it. I hope to finish one day.
    I wouldn't dare telle people what to think, and I totally agree with you, saying that you prefer zero year over year one is a totally valid opinion of course! I've been trying to do that too, but it may take quite some time ^^

Spectacular Member

Batman Year One/Daredevil Born Again are very influential comics, I tend to doubt that ANY series done now with super heroes could have the same impact. Dave Mazzuchelli's artwork is hugely influential and the colors on Year One were amazing considering being done with the old news print 4 color style. Even Jock's run on Detective with Snyder last year even had plenty of pages and panels that show that influence along with in how it shows the character in it's urban environment. This is beyond those stories being on that list of 80s comics where they played it straight and not camp at all, which rewrote how the comics was made and who the audience was for them every month/week. There was obviously other comics changing this way of working, but Batman Year One and their earlier Born Again would be on the big list.

Zero Year might be great, but it's really impossible to compare it to the earlier story and the wider impact it had.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm thinking the title comes from a conversation along these lines:

Editor 1: Whatever will we do for our next event?
    Ediitor 2: Hmmm. Batman's New 52 origin?
    E1: Good plan. We'll call it Batman: Year One.
    E2: Eh, there already is a Batman: Year One. Frank Miller did it? We made a cartoon of it and all?
    E1: Oh. Eh... How about Year Zero then?
    E2: Splendid. I'll go tell the writers.

We are putting considreably more thought into this than anybody at DC did.
    Sounds about right.