View Poll Results: Team T'Challa or Team Namor?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team T'Challa all the way!

67 46.85%
  • Team Namor all the way!

53 37.06%
  • Both...I love them both!

15 10.49%
  • Don't care... I dislike them both!

8 5.59%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Default Team T'Challa OR Team Namor?

I am "new" to the newer comics. Started reading mostly Silver Age comics in the late 90's.
    I am just catching up to the "Modern age" of comics.

So What is the Deal with T'Challa and Namor? They had a war? They hate each other? Please someone explain all this to me!

I would LOVE a list of ALL the comics that explain this war/dislike for each other. (that way I can read them myself to come to my own conclusions).

Namor is Marvel's first hero ~ Motion Picture Funnies Weekly 1939

T'Challa is Marvel's first African Hero ~ Fantastic Four 1966

Both are hero's for the most part.

Both cannot stand each other from what I am reading on these boards... What the heck happened? Are there any other hero combinations that dislike each other as much as them?

Please vote in the Poll, and give me the details of why you voted the way you did....

Most of all though; Explain WTH is going on! These are two HEROES for the love of Glob!!!

A couple of things, the major stuff is the following two.

- While possessed by the Phoenix in the Avengers vs X-Men event, Namor attacked and heavily damaged Wakanda (T'Challa's home nation) supposedly killing many people.
    - I coldish war went on for a while with various attacks between Atlantis and Wakanda until in retribution just before Thanos' invasion in the Infinity event, T'Challa's sister and current Queen ordered a brutal attack that left Atlantis in shambles.
    - In retribution for that Namor lied to Thanos' forces and pointed them in the direction of Wakanda.

A few other things that could possibly be linked but are not likely to be explored also happened (in the Age of X event Namor was shacking up with Storm, Namor being buddies with Dr. Doom, etc.) but the big stuff as to there issues stemming from the AvX and there current issues in New Avengers vol 3.

BANNED

It all started during AvX when Namor in a Phoenix Rage flooded Wakanda, and yes they had a war, and Wakanda destroyed Atlantis, so Namor told Thanos a infinity gem was in Wakanda and got even more Wakanda's killed. I love both characters but I chose Namor because I love heroes that can do evil things with no remorse.

T'challa, he's my favorite hero and he didn't kill anyone. He also from the beginning said his problem is with Namor not Atlantis unlike Namor who has no problem killing or causing the deaths of innocent Wakandans.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Imperious Rex!

Black Adam

Oh its the X-Men love triangle but with royalty lol, Namor/Wolverine, Black Panther/Cyclops, Storm/Phoenix.

I like Panther

Go Panther, never was a big fan of Namor so if T'challa offs him well he'll just go up a few more points in my book.

Do people actually believe that Marvel would KILL either character? My gosh, one has been around since the beginning and the other is the 1st African ever in comics!

I don't know the whole story yet, but I don't see that happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Do people actually believe that Marvel would KILL either character? My gosh, one has been around since the beginning and the other is the 1st African ever in comics!

I don't see it happening either since we already know what Namor is going to do I'm just saying that if I had to choose I would choose Namor over Black Panther

Oh I totally believe Marvel could kill off either one. Now do I believe that character would actually stay dead, nope no chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Oh I totally believe Marvel could kill off either one. Now do I believe that character would actually stay dead, nope no chance in hell.
    I guess that would make sense.

But if one killed off the other that would give the "killer" (and his fans) ultimate bragging rights for all time!

T'Challa is Marvel's first African Hero ~ Fantastic Four 1966[/B]
    Not quite.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waku,_Prince_of_the_Bantu

BANNED

I voted team Panther. because at his worst he never led an army to kill innocents. Nor lie to a villain out of spite to have an opponent's people killed.

Secondly Namor has never really paid for any of his more evil transgressions the way other characters have had to pay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Actually you are in error. The book you cited was ATLAS comics...Not MArvel comics/