Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, if that last scene with Norman and Harry is any hint, I don't think Peter will end up using the black suit.

    I could be wrong though, but if there's a symbiote bonded with Harry, I just don't see Peter getting it.

    Either way, with the way the game plays, assuming the second game works in a similar way, then the black suit would either replace gadgets when you use it, or it'd have just some power like the other suits.
    There's no way we're not getting a playable Black Suit when the developers went to the extent of not even having it as an alternate costume, since they want the Symbiote and Peter using it to be plot relevant to the next game.

    The PS4 suit having a white spider even lends itself to the Black Suit design.
    I wonder what they could even do to make Chameleon work though, like, Mysterio can throw a lot of shit at you before he's taken down in one punch, what would Chameleon do? Disguise himself as some people you have to guess before punching him out?
    Something like that. Maybe use Spider-Sense for it.
    I think he could be working there just to get some money until he finds another job, but effectively it'd have no story importance and be just some quests.
    Maybe. I just want to see it be relevant...
    Also, Miles, I really wonder what they'll do to make him work, if the game itself is any hint, he's a super genius too, but I hope he doesn't get gadgets like Peter, but on the other hand, Venom Blast and his invisibility would be a lot harder to be flexible, or at least as flexible as Peter's gadgets.
    I think Miles' abilities are going to make up for not having as much gadgets or strength power as base Peter.

  2. #17
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Man will always be New York so the option is to make each new game more detailed, bigger and more lived-in. You can also add new options like weather. Depending on the weather, swing speeds and traversal is affected. Winter and so on is also different, so when snow hits, Spider-Man's gameplay gets affected.
    I remember there was a arc where Spidey was stuck in the snow trying to rescue Wolverine from ninjas (I think) and he kept complaining how cold he was and then he got bundled up and he looked so cute with mittens and a puffy jacket and a beanie over his costume.

    I would love NY in the winter.

    But also in that arc he mentioned how his webs were not as effective for whatever reason so it affected his fighting style and he couldn't swing long distances.

    That would be a amazing game mechanic

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man introduced the concept of Chameleon's formula being mass marketed and used by others and Boomerang uses that to his advantage there. So you can do it that way.
    Yeah that could work.

    Yeah and you can maybe choose the ending. Like one of the endings could have you and MJ getting married, another has him single, another has him maybe dating another NPC who knows. Witcher 3 had romance options after all. And then in the following games those choices could carry over. So that way you can use the game to get gamers to create and role-play their "canonical" take on Spider-Man in the way that comics can't.

    I mean in any Narrative RPG you are playing multiple AUs at once right? Like in Witcher III if you were to do every dialogue choice every narrative choice in a comic you would have Witcher-MC2, Witcher-1610, Witcher-499 or something like that.
    That could be interesting,but I wonder how choices would keep affecting other games, specially if they make something like his popularity in the city be a thing, which I can see a RPG-Spidey doing, since in the comics how he's perceived by the public can affect his mood.

    Not really sure about having some way for him to break up with MJ at this point, since the game is about them accepting each other and getting together, but who knows, maybe they could do it in a believable way.

    Spider-Man will always be New York so the option is to make each new game more detailed, bigger and more lived-in. You can also add new options like weather. Depending on the weather, swing speeds and traversal is affected. Winter and so on is also different, so when snow hits, Spider-Man's gameplay gets affected.
    Wonder how adding weather effects and making them interesting would work though.

    Definitely should avoid annoying mechanics, like say, making Spidey or his webs slippery, not only that wouldn't make sense, but it'd make web swinging have this random annoying thing.

    Whatever they do, it shouldn't affect web swinging negatively, it's literally the best thing in the game, I don't even use fast travel much because web swinging is that fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's no way we're not getting a playable Black Suit when the developers went to the extent of not even having it as an alternate costume, since they want the Symbiote and Peter using it to be plot relevant to the next game.
    Didn't they word it in a way that the black suit shouldn't be some random suit when it should have story relevance?

    If so, that doesn't exactly say that it'll be a playable suit, just that it'll be important.

    Of course, Spidey using it is part of his story, and every Spidey adaptation that has Venom has him using the suit before it bonds with Eddie (Maybe not Ultimate cartoon? I just know that Harry was Venom there, not sure if Peter used the suit...)

    But honestly, Harry possibly having the suit before Peter makes me think that Peter won't be using it this time around, but who knows.

    Also, when MJ is investigating Norman's lab, we see that GR-27 is the "Martin Li incident", there's also a "GR-35", but the file is "unknown", considering that only GR-27 and GR-35 are highlighted, I really think that GR-35 is the symbiote.

    The PS4 suit having a white spider even lends itself to the Black Suit design.
    That, I never noticed lol.

    Something like that. Maybe use Spider-Sense for it.
    If Spider-Sense is used to identify Chameleon, I want a piece of dialogue with Spidey bitching that Spider-Sense didn't identify him earlier

    I think Miles' abilities are going to make up for not having as much gadgets or strength power as base Peter.
    Perhaps... It's possible Peter will be the "complicated-ish but flexible" character with his gadgets, while Miles is the "Simple but strong" with Venom Blast and invisibility.

    Still, would Miles get suit powers? He doesn't have many suits... Or maybe the suit power would be replaced by his own moves? Maybe that big ass Venom Blast that makes him faint in the comics? Only without the fainting part... Maybe he shouldn't have the focus mechanic that does instant kills like Peter, but instead have a Venom Blast bar that allows you to use it with limits but being really strong?

    There are options, plenty, but honestly, I just hope that they can make Miles set himself apart from Peter with good gimmicks... Even if he's better or worse than him as far as gameplay goes, should be different enough so there's a reason for you to pick one or the other, kinda like the red and black suits in Web of Shadows, the black suit is blatantly the stronger suit, less so in early game, but absolutely in late game, but even then, there some situations where the red suit may be a better pick.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-16-2019 at 11:48 PM.

  4. #19
    Incredible Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    985

    Default

    How would you feel if, as a gag, they add side-events where you race against the Human Torch like in Ultimate Spider-Man?

  5. #20
    Incredible Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I remember there was a arc where Spidey was stuck in the snow trying to rescue Wolverine from ninjas (I think) and he kept complaining how cold he was and then he got bundled up and he looked so cute with mittens and a puffy jacket and a beanie over his costume.

    I would love NY in the winter.

    But also in that arc he mentioned how his webs were not as effective for whatever reason so it affected his fighting style and he couldn't swing long distances.

    That would be a amazing game mechanic
    i can also see them making you have a hot and cold feature where if you fight outside too long your stats start to decrease cause i doubt his suit keep him warm
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Chameleon would be best as a mission objective where you have to chase him then when you finally confront him he's not a major threat, but... SURPRISE! Chameleon has friends. In the comics he was in the Sinister Six wasn't he?

  7. #22
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Hunted is an event that is perfect for a game. If they could somehow pull that off, Iím all in.

  8. #23
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,617

    Default

    I think the game's writing and narrative makes too much emphasis on Peter's in-universe choices to put control into the player's hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Didn't they word it in a way that the black suit shouldn't be some random suit when it should have story relevance?

    If so, that doesn't exactly say that it'll be a playable suit, just that it'll be important.

    Of course, Spidey using it is part of his story, and every Spidey adaptation that has Venom has him using the suit before it bonds with Eddie (Maybe not Ultimate cartoon? I just know that Harry was Venom there, not sure if Peter used the suit...)

    But honestly, Harry possibly having the suit before Peter makes me think that Peter won't be using it this time around, but who knows.
    I wouldn't say Harry really has the "suit" since the Symbiote seems to be more like a cocoon that's keeping him alive at this point, but I figure they'll find some way where it latches onto Peter and we can play with the Black Suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    How would you feel if, as a gag, they add side-events where you race against the Human Torch like in Ultimate Spider-Man?
    That's the kind of guest presence I could see them doing.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the game's writing and narrative makes too much emphasis on Peter's in-universe choices to put control into the player's hands.
    In a Narrative RPG like Witcher III the writing is done in such a way that whatever you do with Geralt is in character for him to do.

    I mean you need to avoid obvious ones like Peter would never leave someone to die or kill people. But even then there are choices.

    Think of Spider-Man PS4's DLC where you had a side-mission where Peter helped a cop find these paintings. Avoiding spoilers here, but what if Peter made a choice to second-guess the NPC that gave him that quest, what if Peter decided to tell another character about him, or tell the NPC about that character. Neither of this involves killing, and it involves Peter behaving the right and proper way, and there can be in-story consequences. Like say the NPC goes to jail and gets killed by someone in prison for revenge.

    I mean in Assassin's Creed Odyssey you have a side-mission where you have an option to help save a guy or kill him, if you save him, that sets off a huge chain reaction and at the end you aren't sure if you did the right thing or not. That can work. The option could be you decide to give the guy a second chance because "I have a family" or you send him to the police. If you send him to the cops, his daughter decides to take revenge on Spidey, if you give him a second chance, guy does something awful. Like that.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    I would love to see the following featured:

    1. Black Widow
    2. Jessica Drew
    3. The Morlocks
    4. Nightcrawler
    5. Psylocke
    6. Mockingbird

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My expectations/Wish List:

    - Black Suit Spider-Man, natch. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the suit and how it adds to gameplay, especially compared to Web of Shadows. I wonder if they'll give Miles some of Peter's gear to make up for not needing them with the Black Suit.

    - All the major villains who were teased in the first game but didn't appear (Mysterio, Sandman, Kraven, Chameleon, Lizard, etc.)

    - With Yuri/Wraith as an antagonist now (and likely to get her own mission in the game necessitating Peter stopping her), I expect Captain Stacy will take over her job and as Spidey's police liasion. I'm also expecting Gwen will show up as a girl at Miles' school who he's crushing and be very Barbara Gordon/Batgirl-lite.

    - I hope we get to see Robbie and the Bugle show up. Maybe Peter won't be working there again, but they'll give him photo missions that he can do.

    - Building up to the Green Goblin, though I expect Venom will be the Big Bad.

    - We might get more Superior teasing with Doc Ock in prison.

    - Playable Black Cat would be nice, if they decide to bring her back.

    - If we don't get those stealth missions with MJ, then I figure they will try and work in sequences in the game with a similar feel of someone powerless going through dangerous Superhero situations.

    - No Screwball missions.
    Wouldn't be nice if they used Tigra as Spider-Man's Police liaison and close friend? Greer Nelson is a Police Officer with the NYPD. She would be a very good replacement for Yuri/Wraith. After all, Tigra is the perfect foil to The Black Cat...

  12. #27
    All-New Member Cornbread11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Things I would like to see in the sequel are:
    1. Green goblin and venom as the main villains
    2. Bigger map
    3. More obscure villains like the spot, big wheel, speed demon, the beetle, the thousand and etc
    4. Miles is playable and has his own unique gameplay and story line the mixes with peters threw certain points of the game.
    5. Miles has his own villains like frost pharaoh, the prowler, ultimatum, Porto-goblin and possibly Alternate versions of scorpion, electro
    6. Gwen Stacy appears as mile’s class mate and she eventually learns his secret, has side stealth missions, and eventually gets bitten by a oscorp spider like miles. Ending sets her up for training by peter leading her to become spidergwen later on in another installment or a dlc story.
    7. Graphics look more crisp and clean that they push the PS5 to its limits just about.
    8. Doc Ock and some older villains from the first game return like shocker, rhino and tombstone.
    9. And it be cool to have peter tie the knot with mj in this universe.
    10. More Take down Animations and multiple Animations when stopping a Car and bombs

  13. #28
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In a Narrative RPG like Witcher III the writing is done in such a way that whatever you do with Geralt is in character for him to do.

    I mean you need to avoid obvious ones like Peter would never leave someone to die or kill people. But even then there are choices.

    Think of Spider-Man PS4's DLC where you had a side-mission where Peter helped a cop find these paintings. Avoiding spoilers here, but what if Peter made a choice to second-guess the NPC that gave him that quest, what if Peter decided to tell another character about him, or tell the NPC about that character. Neither of this involves killing, and it involves Peter behaving the right and proper way, and there can be in-story consequences. Like say the NPC goes to jail and gets killed by someone in prison for revenge.

    I mean in Assassin's Creed Odyssey you have a side-mission where you have an option to help save a guy or kill him, if you save him, that sets off a huge chain reaction and at the end you aren't sure if you did the right thing or not. That can work. The option could be you decide to give the guy a second chance because "I have a family" or you send him to the police. If you send him to the cops, his daughter decides to take revenge on Spidey, if you give him a second chance, guy does something awful. Like that.
    I get that, it's just conceptually I don't think the developers visualize the story in a way that incorporates player choice rather then the choice that Peter in the story naturally makes.

    I'm not saying the idea isn't sound, just not something I see Insomniac doing.

  14. #29
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    42

    Default

    -Gameplay-
    - No MJ/'normal people' missions.
    - Bigger map that contains Brooklyn, Liberty Island, and Queens.
    - Either take notes from Web of Shadows' combat or actually have an in-depth combo list for the existing system.
    - Have separate movesets for Peter (both regular and black suit) and Miles.
    - Environmental attacks/takedowns.
    - Rage system that temporarily changes Peter into Venom.
    - More traversal options (wall jumping, web-zip jumping, dual swinging, loop swinging, more tricks, etc.)
    - Improved swinging physics and being able to switch web lines without jumping from them.

    -Story-
    - Have Peter reflect on everything that's happened from the first game and its DLC, and give MJ and those who've wronged Peter a well deserved reality check.
    - A final battle between mentor and mentee.

    -Misc-
    - Day and night cycle with dynamic weather.
    - A wall crawl button.
    - Have children NPCs.
    - More interactions with NPCs.
    - An attractive MJ.
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 11-18-2019 at 01:44 AM.

  15. #30
    Fantastic Member RD155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Cosmicgoji, I agree about that webswinging mechanic. More animations with the swinging and being able to swing and change lines without having to jump off every time. Would love that.

    Tighten up the combat and overall gameplay. It was fluid but lacked that crisp combat like the Arkham games. Also incorporate more versatility with the wall crawling feature. Maybe some combat to use with the wall crawling and again just tighten it up. Would love to bounce off walls and ceilings fluidly during combat.

    Again for the story just more of the same. I have no reason to doubt them because Everything from the voice acting to the characterization was on point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •