Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Armored Adventures Mandarin and Hammer are GOATed, and all the villain redesigns are super metal.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I actually liked the Armored Adventures take on the Mandarin, and the redesigns for the rest of the rogues were pretty cool as well.
    Me too. I absolutely loved Armored Adventures. They took villains and updated them really well. Also the stories they adapted from the comics were incredibly well done as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I actually liked the Armored Adventures take on the Mandarin, and the redesigns for the rest of the rogues were pretty cool as well.
    I was disappointed that the second season basically skipped over certain villains aside from name-drops when Gene and Howard were traveling to different temples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Armored Adventures Mandarin and Hammer are GOATed, and all the villain redesigns are super metal.
    Definitely better then Assemble!Hammer and his random Southern drawl they gave him in his second appearance.

Kang was a straight up beast in EMH.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Graviton was pretty awesome in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Kang was a straight up beast in EMH.
    Agreed. It was such a disappointment how weaker he came off in Assemble by comparison, especially by his last appearance.

Doom in the second season of F4 1994 cartoon, was straight up perfection...voice, design, dialogue, flawless.....

Echo those who said Kang in EMH

Kingpin as the mastermind throughout the 1990s Spiderman

Apocalypse was the best in the X-men 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    No, that's a myth. The rights to the Human Torch were tied up in a film project, so he wasn't available for the cartoon.
    Yeah, the exact same thing that led to Firestar's creation for Amazing Friends. Film in development hell that ended up never getting made. Same reason Sandman and Electro were absent and had a different secret identity respectively in the 90s cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Best
    Spectacular Spider-Man has a lot of terrific villains. If I had to choose one, it would be the Green Goblin. But again, it's a tough choice. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes also had some good selections. I think I'll go with Dr. Doom. Iron Man: Armored Avengers had some cool revamps of usually lackluster Iron Man foes. I think I liked Madame Masque the most, but MODOK's first couple of appearances did a good job at keeping him a major threat. The recent Spider-Man series had a strong take on Doc Ock, from grouchy teacher to megalomaniac villain and reformed hero.

Worst
    Ultimate Spider-Man had some weak villains, but Norman Osborn was a bore and its Green Goblin was cringeworthy. I wasn't a fan of how Doc Ock in the 90's Spider-Man series deteriorated so quickly after a strong first appearance. Marvel's Spider-Man trying to make its version of Vulture into a major player was laughable and deflated what could've been a strong final arc. I liked what they were going for Justin Hammer in Armored Adventures, but he just came off as screechy and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Best
    Spectacular Spider-Man has a lot of terrific villains. If I had to choose one, it would be the Green Goblin. But again, it's a tough choice. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes also had some good selections. I think I'll go with Dr. Doom. Iron Man: Armored Avengers had some cool revamps of usually lackluster Iron Man foes. I think I liked Madame Masque the most, but MODOK's first couple of appearances did a good job at keeping him a major threat. The recent Spider-Man series had a strong take on Doc Ock, from grouchy teacher to megalomaniac villain and reformed hero.
    I only wish Armored Adventures could've done more revamps instead of name-dropping them in season 2 when Gene was dragging Howard around for the last few temples.

I liked Marvel's Spider-Man's Ock but I think they had a problem of badly pacing out his storylines, although ironically this wasn't as much the case when they finally adapted Superior. I didn't really care for his role after that arc was over though.
    Worst
    Ultimate Spider-Man had some weak villains, but Norman Osborn was a bore and its Green Goblin was cringeworthy. I wasn't a fan of how Doc Ock in the 90's Spider-Man series deteriorated so quickly after a strong first appearance. Marvel's Spider-Man trying to make its version of Vulture into a major player was laughable and deflated what could've been a strong final arc. I liked what they were going for Justin Hammer in Armored Adventures, but he just came off as screechy and annoying.
    Marvel's Spider-Man probably has one of the worst or least interesting takes on the Goblins for my money, and their handling of Toomes contributed to that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Marvel's Spider-Man's Ock but I think they had a problem of badly pacing out his storylines, although ironically this wasn't as much the case when they finally adapted Superior. I didn't really care for his role after that arc was over though.
    Yeah, I like a lot of Ock's handling in theory, but it did annoy me that his turn to villainy was overshadowed by Osborn and Jackal's plots. He might've been a little repetitive in season two and I still think it was too soon to do Superior, but they sold me on the redemption. I didn't like that they introduced the dynamic of Otto teaching at Midtown and then....not do anything with it.

Marvel's Spider-Man probably has one of the worst or least interesting takes on the Goblins for my money, and their handling of Toomes contributed to that.
    Mhmm. Nothing but armored goons. This show has the tendency of duplicating several villains into goon gimmicks. Rhinos, Goblins, Spider-Slayers, Vultures, etc. I don't think Norman returning at very last minute as the Green Goblin would fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, I like a lot of Ock's handling in theory, but it did annoy me that his turn to villainy was overshadowed by Osborn and Jackal's plots. He might've been a little repetitive in season two and I still think it was too soon to do Superior, but they sold me on the redemption. I didn't like that they introduced the dynamic of Otto teaching at Midtown and then....not do anything with it.
    I also didn't like him being Peter's "guy in the chair," it felt like it took a lot away from Peter even in a show where he needs help practically every episode.
    Mhmm. Nothing but armored goons. This show has the tendency of duplicating several villains into goon gimmicks. Rhinos, Goblins, Spider-Slayers, Vultures, etc. I don't think Norman returning at very last minute as the Green Goblin would fix that.
    At least it would've made the conflict more personally relevant for Peter and Harry. I mean, who actually cared about Toomes in-universe of that show?

And none of the elements really jived together. Toomes gets an upgraded Vulture suit he ends up doing nothing with, suddenly wants to use Goblin branding even though it's not really that major in-universe and was only around for barely a week at most, wears a Goblin armor that he barely does anything in, all to pilot a giant robot he apparently designed even though Smythe was the giant robot guy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I feel due to Ultimate Spider-Man being animated Spider-Man Team-Up only the villains that appear the least look good like Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Ultron from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was by far better than the movie one, IMO. It was a lot scarier, and I liked the tweak of its origins, that steered less away from comic book canon than the movie was.
    Yeah. Out of his 3 appearances (since he's in United They Stand and Assemble), EMH handles him pretty close to his comic appearance.

Assemble ruins Ultron AND Thanos. That's cursed as f**k.

Wolverine and the X-Men's Magneto was pretty good.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Assemble ruins Ultron AND Thanos. That's cursed as f**k.
    Assemble is proof of how you shouldn't force major villains for movie synergy, especially Ultron.
    Wolverine and the X-Men's Magneto was pretty good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I feel due to Ultimate Spider-Man being animated Spider-Man Team-Up only the villains that appear the least look good like Nightmare.
    They were hit-and-miss with them, but I'd argue most of the Spidey rogues were largely bad. Goblin, Vulture, Rhino, Venom, and Scorpion were some of the worst offenders. Electro and Sandman were okay. Only Doc Ock was decent. I like Tom Kenny's Peter Lorre-inspired performance.