Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Default What's next for Otto?

Been trying to imagine what Otto's next step would be following SSM 12's conclusion.

Does he "need" to be a villain? He appears to be financially sound, having had a pretty lavish lifestyle as Elliot Tolliver, and able to set up a lifetime fund for James Martin.

While he says he would humble Spider-man in their next encounter, he appears to have no particular desire to confront him any time soon.

I don't see him trying to impart some sort of "legacy", he already did that with the Octavian lense in Ends of the Earth.

Does he try to continue going the heroic route in his own way? Doesn't seem to have worked out for him, twice LOL.

But what's his motivation to continue as a villain? If Emma or AnnaMaria had died I could see that as motivation, but beyond that, after everything that's happened, I don't see how Otto works as the villain he had been previously.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Been trying to imagine what Otto's next step would be following SSM 12's conclusion.

Does he "need" to be a villain? He appears to be financially sound, having had a pretty lavish lifestyle as Elliot Tolliver, and able to set up a lifetime fund for James Martin.

While he says he would humble Spider-man in their next encounter, he appears to have no particular desire to confront him any time soon.

I don't see him trying to impart some sort of "legacy", he already did that with the Octavian lense in Ends of the Earth.

Does he try to continue going the heroic route in his own way? Doesn't seem to have worked out for him, twice LOL.

But what's his motivation to continue as a villain? If Emma or AnnaMaria had died I could see that as motivation, but beyond that, after everything that's happened, I don't see how Otto works as the villain he had been previously.
    ... who is James Martin?

Does he still have Parker's memories? that is severely problematic for me. Geez.

I think he could do like Magneto and do something terrible with a "good intention".

It is the end that justifies the means, The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli(an)

I liked it when his motivation was to leave a legacy, a good or a bad one.

Taking down Facebook and Zuckerberg, trouncing any arachnid that gets in his way, and rejoining the Avengers!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Taking down Facebook and Zuckerberg, trouncing any arachnid that gets in his way, and rejoining the Avengers!
    Maybe he still have a role in Kindred plans for Spiders.

It would be nice a mini series showing Kindred coming after each Spider (Miles, Gwen, Cindy, Jessica, Ben, Kaine, Anya, Julia...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... who is James Martin?

Does he still have Parker's memories? that is severely problematic for me. Geez.
    No. He no longer knows that Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

James Martin's mother was killed by Terrax at the start of the recent Superior series. Otto started visiting him as Spider-Man, until his identity as Otto was outed.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/James...o)_(Earth-616)

Gage really should've used a different surname though, as James Martin is also the name of a British celebrity chef!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

getting punch by peter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    He can be like AIM, a villain who is in the game simply for the sake of science
    That could work for the character. It can also allow him to be morally grey. What happens if he is hired by a nation that offers to protect him from extradition? What happens if he kidnapped a sick child and cured her disease?

He could be an interesting Thunderbolt.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That could work for the character. It can also allow him to be morally grey. What happens if he is hired by a nation that offers to protect him from extradition? What happens if he kidnapped a sick child and cured her disease?

He could be an interesting Thunderbolt.
    He was a Thunderbolt briefly back in the day. Can't see him doing that again unless he was running the team.

I could see him being the "science" guy. Would love to see a story where Otto makes or does something science related and Spidey steps in to stop him only to realize Otto was right.

Probably fight Spider-Man .

Astonishing Member

Seems to me like he's going back to his old traditional self, full time villain. Sad.

However, I believe his experiments with clones as Superior Spider-Man could have an interesting consequence for the future. I'll mention it on another topic.

Gage didn't leave him as a villain and Spencer's a continuity wonk so he won't actually go back unless Spencer has some strange fixation for one of those bad late 80's/early 90's Otto things.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Gage didn't leave him as a villain and Spencer's a continuity wonk so he won't actually go back unless Spencer has some strange fixation for one of those bad late 80's/early 90's Otto things.
    Spencer's seemed very 80's/90's inspired, even if he incorporates modern continuity as well.