Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think he just keeps driving the school bus and smoking a lot of weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spencer's seemed very 80's/90's inspired, even if he incorporates modern continuity as well.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Otto's good stuff in modern continuity: legacy motivation.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... who is James Martin?

Does he still have Parker's memories? that is severely problematic for me. Geez.
    I don't think Otto has had Peter's memories since he was revived from the back-up from the Living Brain.
    "Cable was right!"

And Mephisto removed all the memories with Peter. Otto said he doesn't remember Spidey's secret identity.
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 11-18-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't think Otto has had Peter's memories since he was revived from the back-up from the Living Brain.
    He did keep Peter's memories, but not any more, thanks to Mephisto.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No doubt back to fighting Spidey. *yawn*.

Way to kill my interest in the character Marvel Office, great job. *slow clap*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm hopeful that they don't revert him to a full time villain. I'll say the same thing I did back when the first SSM ended. He has gone through too much character development to go back. Even with the ridiculous ending to SSM vol 2

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

With the whole Mephisto garbage and it's wording, I was really hoping he would be split and be arch nemeses for a while. We get to keep Superior Spider-man and the Doctor Octopus fans get him back. Ultimately, both being incomplete without the other, they would be forced to merge and become the best of both worlds. I think this is where Slott was going with Superior Doc Ock at the end of Parker Industries, before he suddenly (and awesomely) had him show up in Go Down Swinging and go full "hero" again.

For when he does return as a villain, I hope he shows resentment towards his time as SSM and is trying to outdo SSM's legacy, probably blaming Spidey for somehow making him waste his time being good(ish).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I think it would be cool if he still tried to redeem himself and become similar to the Otto from Spider-Man PS4 (before he went crazy).

I think it would be cool to see him reformed but be back in his old body and be an ally to Peter, they can build tech together and maybe even start a new Horizon Labs where Otto can be the CEO

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think it would be cool if he still tried to redeem himself and become similar to the Otto from Spider-Man PS4 (before he went crazy).

I think it would be cool to see him reformed but be back in his old body and be an ally to Peter, they can build tech together and maybe even start a new Horizon Labs where Otto can be the CEO
    But then he wouldn't really be Doc Ock.

Remember that SSM 12 not only gave Otto his old body. The girls told him that they still had faith in him, that he could still be a hero... and he made a tantrum and left, claiming that being a "hero" was like being in a cage. So yes, he will be back at villainy, that's why they did all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Remember that SSM 12 not only gave Otto his old body. The girls told him that they still had faith in him, that he could still be a hero... and he made a tantrum and left, claiming that being a "hero" was like being in a cage. So yes, he will be back at villainy, that's why they did all this.
    The crying and other things meant that he was bullshitting and Gage's intent was to leave him open to whatever the next writer wanted. It's Spencer's ball.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The crying and other things meant that he was bullshitting and Gage's intent was to leave him open to whatever the next writer wanted. It's Spencer's ball.
    I don't think it was 100% BS. He just has conflicted memories and emotions.

Or he got one last cry out before he completely walked back from who he used to be.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But then he wouldn't really be Doc Ock.
    I thought the whole point was to show character growth and not regress him back to his mustache twirling self?

damn you comicbooks!