Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The crying and other things meant that he was bullshitting and Gage's intent was to leave him open to whatever the next writer wanted. It's Spencer's ball.
    I think this is the most important thing. Because the way Gage ended it still doesn't necessarily revert him back to square one, he doesn't have a vendetta or vengeance of Spider-Man, still has his vague memories of being Elliot, doesn't have a true "villainous" goal besides not wanting to be a hero anymore, and still secretly feeling for others (like the women and the kid). So really it's up to Spencer or whoever to decide where they're gonna go with that. If they give him a new goal based on these motivations that still result in him being antagonistic, then I'm all for it. But if he's back out doing petty crimes cause "whoops I'm evil" acting like nothing happened, THEN I'll be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think this is the most important thing. Because the way Gage ended it still doesn't necessarily revert him back to square one, he doesn't have a vendetta or vengeance of Spider-Man, still has his vague memories of being Elliot, doesn't have a true "villainous" goal besides not wanting to be a hero anymore, and still secretly feeling for others (like the women and the kid). So really it's up to Spencer or whoever to decide where they're gonna go with that. If they give him a new goal based on these motivations that still result in him being antagonistic, then I'm all for it. But if he's back out doing petty crimes cause "whoops I'm evil" acting like nothing happened, THEN I'll be annoyed.
    Well, he phrased it as "I'm not deliberately going to go after Spider-Man but if he gets in my way, I will destroy him," which to me basically just sets up that they're probably going to tussle the next time they meet.

Although it's Otto so there will probably always be a part of him that's obsessed with destroying or proving himself better then Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he phrased it as "I'm not deliberately going to go after Spider-Man but if he gets in my way, I will destroy him," which to me basically just sets up that they're probably going to tussle the next time they meet.

Although it's Otto so there will probably always be a part of him that's obsessed with destroying or proving himself better then Spider-Man.
    True, though it still leans moreso to a "classic Venom" mindset of "As long as he stays out of my way I won't go after him" which I still think is better than just going out of his way to start a fight for the lols. An antagonistic, conflicted Otto is more interesting than just a crazy, angry Otto.

True, though it still leans moreso to a "classic Venom" mindset of "As long as he stays out of my way I won't go after him" which I still think is better than just going out of his way to start a fight for the lols. An antagonistic, conflicted Otto is more interesting than just a crazy, angry Otto.
    I think it depends how you handle or convey the latter. I think it's honestly part of Otto's appeal whether he's a villain or hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it depends how you handle or convey the latter. I think it's honestly part of Otto's appeal whether he's a villain or hero.
    Being a little crazy and angry is fine, just as long as it's not his ONLY character trait, that he has some extra dimension to go alongside it.

Being a little crazy and angry is fine, just as long as it's not his ONLY character trait, that he has some extra dimension to go alongside it.
    It's all in the execution .

Incredible Member

Yes, he's a villain again.

My guess, his next appearance, will be back to megalomaniacal, holding New York, possibly even the World, hostage, using the threat of unleashing stolen radiation, like he always does.

Spider-Man may not even reference Amazing Spider-Man #800, or Superior Spider-Man - just back to basics, cracking jokes at him, while seeking an opportunity to get past his tentacles, and punch him.

Superior Spider-Man #12 was just a means to an end - for another team who wants to use him in his "traditional" self of bespeckled, bowlheaded, pudgy, tentacled, and villain again, even possible proper Sinister Six return engagements.

Mighty Member

While Octavius had some... dealings as a crime lord (mostly fights with underworld types). Perhaps growing where he is running super villain rackets... it’s kind of a natural evolution of the Sinister Six (though Otto formed that group specifically to destroy Spider-Man).

For someone who made Sinister Six and was once Master Planner, Otto surprisingly doesn't do much as a crime boss, even though it'd be fitting.

Maybe it's because he's enough of a threat on his own.

Since the "good" doctor is back to his roots, I would love to see him in his classic white suit. Never been a fan of the orange and green look, it makes him look like a bowl of rainbow sherbet.

Dude prides himself on being a professional, so he should look the part. But I figure the best direction to go with regrading Otto is to have him do bad for good. Otto's never been one to think he was in the wrong even when he was in the wrong, so run with that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    For someone who made Sinister Six and was once Master Planner, Otto surprisingly doesn't do much as a crime boss, even though it'd be fitting.

Maybe it's because he's enough of a threat on his own.
    Yeah I've always wondered how Octavius got wrapped up in these Gang Wars... Maybe his view is a criminal empire is run like a science.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Since the "good" doctor is back to his roots, I would love to see him in his classic white suit. Never been a fan of the orange and green look, it makes him look like a bowl of rainbow sherbet.

Dude prides himself on being a professional, so he should look the part. But I figure the best direction to go with regrading Otto is to have him do bad for good. Otto's never been one to think he was in the wrong even when he was in the wrong, so run with that.
    Yeah, I always wonder why that outfit stays around (it's not even his original outfit). Sure every now and then they add the Molina trenchcoat...but it still looks kind of goofy because of the spandex like nature of the outfit. Perhaps if it had some bagginess to it like scrubs or a jumpsuit it would look more..."doctor".

I always liked his earliest Ditko design where he wore baggy lab "scrubs" or whatever. (Maybe it was supposed to be a Nehru jacket?) The armored 90's green and orange suit is also pretty memorable and a decent update to his spandex look.

Doc can always just go around stealing other heroes bodies, why wouldn't he if he has the tech? Grab the Hulk and smash the place up, or take over Captain America and get access to all those state secrets of whatever.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I've lost interest

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Honestly if Mephisto was restoring him physically, mentally, no illness, etc he should have been restored to his 60's & 70's appearance. Stocky and maybe a bit muscular (depending on the artist), not morbidly obese.

Hopefully this newly restored version of Otto still remembers why he switched bodies in the first place and takes measures to protect himself from the brain damage, radiation etc. that caused so much damage to his original body. Not a fan of Otto switching bodies on the go, and I think he's less likely to try it again seeing as how he feels about his time as Superior.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Give him a rivalry with Reed. I want to see him take on a fellow genius, and Reed can have another rival so we don't keep on getting Doom.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES