Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd throw Wolverine up there.
    I would put the following as well:

Nightcrawler
    The Beast
    Captain Britain(Betsy and Brian Braddock)
    Bruce Banner
    Jennifer Walters
    Carol Danvers
    Jessica Drew
    Tigra

Astonishing Member

There honestly isn't a Spider-Family since he never really interacts with them. They only show up when some writer wants to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    There honestly isn't a Spider-Family since he never really interacts with them. They only show up when some writer wants to replace him.
    The only one I think he's on good terms with are Miles, Jessica, and maybe Julia. But he isn't really close friends with any of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only one I think he's on good terms with are Miles, Jessica, and maybe Julia. But he isn't really close friends with any of them.
    I blame that on the writer and editor for this reason. In retrospect, I feel that of all the spiders, Jessica and Julia should have been close friends with Peter due to their shared experiences on dealing with the lost of loved one. For example, Jessica, Julia, and Peter lost their respective parents. They also lost a romantic partner who they were very close to. They also had a lonely childhood growing up. This would be the foundation of their friendship.

I still believe that Peter and Jessica have the potential to have a friendship that would rival Felicia Hardy. The same goes for Julia Carpenter, who should have made a reoccurring appearance in the pages of Spider-Man in the mid-1980's when she was introduced. There are a lot of potential stories that can be created between Peter, Jessica, Julia, and Miles. I would also include The Black Widow as part of Peter's close circles of friends well due to her potential ties with Peter's parents.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-17-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I blame that on the writer and editor for this reason. In retrospect, I feel that of all the spiders, Jessica and Julia should have been close friends with Peter due to their shared experiences on dealing with the lost of loved one. For example, Jessica, Julia, and Peter lost their respective parents. They also lost a romantic partner who they were very close to. They also had a lonely childhood growing up. This would be the foundation of their friendship.

I still believe that Peter and Jessica have the potential to have a friendship that would rival Felicia Hardy. The same goes for Julia Carpenter, who should have made a reoccurring appearance in the pages of Spider-Man in the mid-1980's when she was introduced. There are a lot of potential stories that can be created between Peter, Jessica, Julia, and Miles. I would also include The Black Widow as part of Peter's close circles of friends well due to her potential ties with Peter's parents.
    Back in the day...her potential ties to Peter's parents would have been an enemies. Natasha was still KGB back then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Back in the day...her potential ties to Peter's parents would have been an enemies. Natasha was still KGB back then.
    Honestly, that would've been even cooler.

Astonishing Member

Such a shame that Kelly Sue DeCornnick never continued the development of Carol and Peter's friendship from where Brian Reed left off. Everyone talks about the one date that Carol and Peter as not being very good. There was only one team-up(non-Avengers) between them for all of the 2010's. It only took one movie to restore Carol and Peter's interaction that's been long ignored by every writer in Marvel Comics.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-27-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I can't listen to music n read at the same time. I get distracted

That said, not the 80s by any stretch but there are several Halestorm songs that make me think of Jess.

Would very much like a Jess and Tigra team up.
    What has been a crying shame is Tigra is not part of The Spider-Office. I see Tigra as a very important character who could fill the void as a member of the NYPD. A Police Officer who knows that Spider-Man is Peter Parker going back to their early days as high school students. Would love to see Tigra and Spider-Man working together in a reoccurring role, as well as in the pages of Daredevil, Venom, and The Punisher respectively...

Astonishing Member

A lot of it comes from the belief that Spider-Man has to be "solo".

He can have team-ups all day long, but he can never work with another "Spider-Man" character for longer than a special.

BANNED

Peter having so many hero friends makes it hard for me to believe hes and underdog or everyman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Peter having so many hero friends makes it hard for me to believe hes and underdog or everyman.
    It's because he's the "everyman" that he's able to get along with so many characters. They don't feel so readily threatened by him.

BANNED

It's because he's the "everyman" that he's able to get along with so many characters. They don't feel so readily threatened by him.
    It depends, you dont need to be normal acting to make constant friends to the majority of heroes, look at cap and wolverine. The problem is, these heroes are so larger than life and loyal to peter, it comes off as bad writting that peter is still a dowb on his luck poor man child that has no idea how to get ahead. He either commits to the idea or hes just implied to being a relevant charmer whos competence with relationships and how lucky he gets from them vary. It makes him like a mary sue hero, a guy who has a tragic backstory and emotional edginess yet is still beloved and gets what he needs from being their friend when ever hes in trouble.

Not sure if they have been mentioned, but his ties to the X-Men really go deeper than Wolverine. From what I recall, he should be at least in respected terms with Storm, Bobby (Iceman) and Firestar (Though this last one isn't always an X-Man) alongside the students he taught in Spider-Man & X-Men (Hellion and Blob among them. Can't recall the names of the others from the top of my mind) Not sure if they are his strongest friendships, but they are certainly notable.

Astonishing Member

A lot of it comes from the belief that Spider-Man has to be "solo".

He can have team-ups all day long, but he can never work with another "Spider-Man" character for longer than a special.
    Strangely this was avoided in the Clone Saga, where Ben Reilly and Peter were like brothers for years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Not sure if they have been mentioned, but his ties to the X-Men really go deeper than Wolverine. From what I recall, he should be at least in respected terms with Storm, Bobby (Iceman) and Firestar (Though this last one isn't always an X-Man) alongside the students he taught in Spider-Man & X-Men (Hellion and Blob among them. Can't recall the names of the others from the top of my mind) Not sure if they are his strongest friendships, but they are certainly notable.
    I certainly would love to see a development between Spider-Man and The Beast, Nightcrawler, as well as Scott Summers and Betsy Braddock.