Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spidey's notable friendships in the superhero community? (no Spider-Family)

Outside the Spider-related characters, what are Spider-Man's notable superhero friendships?

Some that come to mind:
    • The Fantastic Four, especially Johnny Storm. He's always been the fifth Beatle to them.
    • Daredevil, probably the biggest Dynamic Duo in Marvel (that we rarely get to see outside comics sadly).
    • As far as X-Men goes, there's Iceman, Beast, Nate Grey, Firestar, and as of the '00s, Wolverine.
    • Captain America, despite what the MCU would have you believe it was Cap and not Iron Man who he was closest to on the Avengers.

Who else is of note?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Outside the Spider-related characters, what are Spider-Man's notable superhero friendships?

Some that come to mind:
    • The Fantastic Four, especially Johnny Storm. He's always been the fifth Beatle to them.
    • Daredevil, probably the biggest Dynamic Duo in Marvel (that we rarely get to see outside comics sadly).
    • As far as X-Men goes, there's Iceman, Beast, Nate Grey, Firestar, and as of the '00s, Wolverine.
    • Captain America, despite what the MCU would have you believe it was Cap and not Iron Man who he was closest to on the Avengers.

Who else is of note?
    1. Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers had a developing friendship Peter Parker respectively.
    2. The next friendship that he had was with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
    3. As far X-Men goes, Brian Braddock and Peter Parker had a good friendship, which also include the British version of Psylocke.
    4. The greatest potential friendship that could had rivaled Daredevil(if it had had the chance to develop) was The Black Widow, She-Hulk and Tigra respectively.

Extraordinary Member

He's always had a good relationship with Doctor Strange and regularly visits the guy when something mystical comes up and despite the big differences between them they have a great deal of respect for one another.

But I don't think that they've teamed up as much as they used to. I was also rather disappointed that they didn't interact more in Avengers: Infinity War.

First time I saw them interact was in the 90s Spider-man cartoon. It was a fun episode.

Extraordinary Member

And while it's not exactly a friendship, Spider-man deals with Punisher more than any other superhero besides maybe Daredevil.

They've teamed up a lot but have a noticeable rivalry going.

BANNED

Spider-Man and Doctor Strange also have this weird bond going back to ASM Annual #2 (their first team-up) by Lee-Ditko themselves.

My favorite friendships are Spider-Man/Cap, Spider-Man/Human Torch, Spider-Man/Daredevil.

Some that come to mind:

Who else is of note?
    Don't forget Spidey & the Gargoyle:

Astonishing Member

Human Torch and Daredevil are the two main ones. And he’s a huge admirer of Captain America.

He had a bit of a bromance with X-Man (Nate Grey) in the late 90s post-clone saga.

Spidey has lots of friends, thanks Marvel Team-Up.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, Spider-Man doesn’t interact much with other Spiders that often. His super relationships are MOSTLY non-Spiders.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    He's always had a good relationship with Doctor Strange and regularly visits the guy when something mystical comes up and despite the big differences between them they have a great deal of respect for one another.

But I don't think that they've teamed up as much as they used to. I was also rather disappointed that they didn't interact more in Avengers: Infinity War.

First time I saw them interact was in the 90s Spider-man cartoon. It was a fun episode.
    Indeed, it was. I also liked the Daredevil team-up episodes later in the same season.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Honestly, Spider-Man doesn’t interact much with other Spiders that often. His super relationships are MOSTLY non-Spiders.
    Except for that two year storyline called the clone saga in which almost every issue was him and Ben teaming up.

Astonishing Member

I feel that a missed opportunity for Spider-Man was to have a super relationship with Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew) and The Black Widow. Those two should have been the bedrock of his superhero relationship in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and their own respective series. What I have yet to see is a Spider-Man and Black Widow team-up series.

i agree ever since miles shown up in the main 616 I doubt they even have at least 10 team ups. Same goes for Jessica drew
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

There's also Deadpool, but it always seems weird to me because the pairing was made due to sales potential. Logically, Spidey wouldn't want anything to do with Deadpool, even if the series itself is good.

There's also Deadpool, but it always seems weird to me because the pairing was made due to sales potential. Logically, Spidey wouldn't want anything to do with Deadpool, even if the series itself is good.
    To be fair, logically he shouldn't be friends with Wolverine either lol.

At least good Spidey/Deadpool stories try to make Wade not kill, trying to change for the better is something Spidey aproves of, but yeah.

Wonder how many of his friendships with other heroes are being used currently, I only know that Spidey showed up to support Dr. Strange and Daredevil recently, and Slott probably used Spidey in his F4 run for them to mock each other.

Considering that Spidey was closer to Firestar more than she ever was to X-Men, it'd be cool if they meet at some point for her to talk about what she thinks about Krakoa to him.