Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    There's also Deadpool, but it always seems weird to me because the pairing was made due to sales potential. Logically, Spidey wouldn't want anything to do with Deadpool, even if the series itself is good.
    And Dan Slott once said that having Tigra x Spider-Man as friends is "Left Field". The same goes for Spider-Man x Black Widow.Both of which has a strong sales potential as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Inappropriate?!

Carol was always intended to be a Power Girl-esque sex appeal character, if anything it's the Captain Marvel shift that's forced and inappropriate.
    Her sex appeal was up front but she was more like Wonder Woman from the start. In the original Claremont Ms. Marvel series she was highly focused on Feminism and being a very active woman who was equal to any man and didn't take s*** from anyone. Promoting her to Captain Marvel was a natural progression, she's been heading in that direction since the early 2000's.

Carol and Peter really should be closer IMO. Didn't they date briefly, post-MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're absolutely right, NC_Yankee. I even remember reading an issue of Darkhawk during the 90's, where Darkhawk had an angry team-up with Spidey. At the end, they parted ways in a rather terse manner.
    Do you remember the issue number? It’s been years since I read Darkhawk but I thought he looked up to Spidey?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Carol and Peter really should be closer IMO. Didn't they date briefly, post-MJ?
    They flirted and had one date, but it didn't lead to anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    Do you remember the issue number? It’s been years since I read Darkhawk but I thought he looked up to Spidey?
    Darkhawk #3
    (May, 1991)

Spectacular Member

The ones that I can remember are spider-man with punisher and Deadpool. Im not sure that counts as friendship as they only team up before but I would like to think so!

Darkhawk #3
    (May, 1991)

Thanks!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They flirted and had one date, but it didn't lead to anything more.
    Carol x Peter's friendship has a lot of potential whereby if Peter is in Carol's world, his science background could be expanded upon(in a non-Spidey role). Relationships is all about what could Peter offer Carol to forward the story plot, and vice versa. I would love to see some of Carol's enemies like Doctor Minerva become an anti-hero all because of the Parker Luck...

BANNED

Felicia should not be one of his best friends, shes a criminal and a shameless sex addict.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Felicia should not be one of his best friends, shes a criminal and a shameless sex addict.
    Not to mention caring only for Spider-Man, and not giving a hoot about Peter Parker:

Astonishing Member

Not to mention caring only for Spider-Man, and not giving a hoot about Peter Parker:

Yet, Black Cat become a better person because of Parker. If he had not revealed his ID to Felicia, she might have become a super villain by now. Without knowing Spider-Man's secret, Felicia would have gotten bored and moved on to someone else sooner. Yet Felicia stayed because the writers had a vested interest with the relationship that wasn't going to be a crash and burn moment...

Astonishing Member

The Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Black Cat (if she counts) are his closest friendships. Also while he isn't exactly friends with Cap, they have a lot of respect for one another. Their dynamic is similar to Cap's dynamic with Hawkeye. The difference is that Cap probably looks up to Peter a bit more than he does to Clint, and Peter doesn't tease Cap about being an "old man" or act as stubborn as Clint used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Black Cat (if she counts) are his closest friendships. Also while he isn't exactly friends with Cap, they have a lot of respect for one another. Their dynamic is similar to Cap's dynamic with Hawkeye. The difference is that Cap probably looks up to Peter a bit more than he does to Clint, and Peter doesn't tease Cap about being an "old man" or act as stubborn as Clint used to.
    I'd throw Wolverine up there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd throw Wolverine up there.
    I think their interactions are fun to watch, but I don't consider them friends by any stretch of the word. They are bound to get on each other's nerves. All the 'friendship' talk writers like to throw around them always felt forced and more of a marketing ploy (especially back when Wolverine was Marvel's #2).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think their interactions are fun to watch, but I don't consider them friends by any stretch of the word. They are bound to get on each other's nerves. All the 'friendship' talk writers like to throw around them always felt forced and more of a marketing ploy (especially back when Wolverine was Marvel's #2).
    I think they pair up or get stuck enough together that they have a genuine friendship. I think Spider-Man was one of the few major non X-Men related heroes who was shown to mourn Logan's death.

It was basically all of what Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine was about.