Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I seem to recall he teamed up a fair bit with Cloak & Dagger, which isn't that surprising since they were initially introduced in his book before they got their own series. When Tyrone was accused of attacking Tandy in Runaways, he was the only one who believed in his innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Outside the Spider-related characters, what are Spider-Man's notable superhero friendships?

Some that come to mind:
    • The Fantastic Four, especially Johnny Storm. He's always been the fifth Beatle to them.
    • Daredevil, probably the biggest Dynamic Duo in Marvel (that we rarely get to see outside comics sadly).
    • As far as X-Men goes, there's Iceman, Beast, Nate Grey, Firestar, and as of the '00s, Wolverine.
    • Captain America, despite what the MCU would have you believe it was Cap and not Iron Man who he was closest to on the Avengers.

Who else is of note?
    I think this is about it.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think this is about it.
    Well, I'd gather he felt like he trusted the New Avengers enough to reveal his secret identity to them in New Avengers #51 (2009). I don't think he would have done it otherwise if he felt he didn't have any meaningful connection with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Well, I'd gather he felt like he trusted the New Avengers enough to reveal his secret identity to them in New Avengers #51 (2009). I don't think he would have done it otherwise if he felt he didn't have any meaningful connection with them.

god i miss captain marvel ms.marvel costume i know its inappropriate now but still miss it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    god i miss captain marvel ms.marvel costume i know its inappropriate now but still miss it
    I miss Carol's and Jessica Drew's respective friendship moments with Peter Parker. What I have yet to see is Jessica Jones and Luke Cage friendship moments with Peter as well. Every since Bendis left The New Avengers, every writer has done their best to exclude Spider-Man from their books, which also include Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman solo series. Also, I do miss the old Ms. Marvel costume as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Inappropriate?!

Carol was always intended to be a Power Girl-esque sex appeal character, if anything it's the Captain Marvel shift that's forced and inappropriate.

what are his friendships beyond New York City? Earth-based.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what are his friendships beyond New York City? Earth-based.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-17-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Spider-man has alot of friends, hell Early Marvel Team-up feature him teaming up with almost everyone at the time... but to answer .. he has an unusual friendship with Howard the Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Spidey has lots of friends, thanks Marvel Team-Up.
    What's most interesting is the set-up. The majority of stories begins with the two meeting and getting into some sort of kerfuffle. After awhile, they realize it was a misunderstanding and then become friends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    What's most interesting is the set-up. The majority of stories begins with the two meeting and getting into some sort of kerfuffle. After awhile, they realize it was a misunderstanding and then become friends.
    . That is not always the case. I remember a Marvel Team-Up ( not sure which issue) where Captain Marvel ( male) could not stand Spider-Man's quips, also Hulk, Dr. Doom and Silver Surfer are no fans of his. In fact, not only did Surfer not like his quips Calling them "False Bravado" Surfer 14 was one of the few comics where Spider-Man flat out quit. Generally Spider-Man is friendly with those who share a sense of humor. The exception to that is Dr. Strange

When I think of Spider-Man and his friends/family typically I only think of Fantastic four, Daredevil and Felicia. That’s pretty much it for me. I know he’s has had team ups with hundreds of character but I prefer him keeping his circle of close friends very small.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    . That is not always the case. I remember a Marvel Team-Up ( not sure which issue) where Captain Marvel ( male) could not stand Spider-Man's quips, also Hulk, Dr. Doom and Silver Surfer are no fans of his. In fact, not only did Surfer not like his quips Calling them "False Bravado" Surfer 14 was one of the few comics where Spider-Man flat out quit. Generally Spider-Man is friendly with those who share a sense of humor. The exception to that is Dr. Strange
    You're absolutely right, NC_Yankee. I even remember reading an issue of Darkhawk during the 90's, where Darkhawk had an angry team-up with Spidey. At the end, they parted ways in a rather terse manner.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    When I think of Spider-Man and his friends/family typically I only think of Fantastic four, Daredevil and Felicia. That’s pretty much it for me. I know he’s has had team ups with hundreds of character but I prefer him keeping his circle of close friends very small.

I happen to agree with you. One thing about Spider-Man is Pete is every bit as important a Character as Spider-Man, and he has non heroes he associates with: MJ, JJJ, Aunt May, Boomerang, the Robertsons etc, so the need to hang out and be buddy, buddy with orher superhéroes is not as great as say Cap.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Actually, looking back, I think a friendship between Spider-Man and Dazzler could have blossomed more, after he showed up at her surprise party and all.