Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default X-Men political orientations

I saw a thread about the lack of a political spectrum in Krakoa and that left me wondering. What are the political orientation for each x-men?

Conservatives

Psylocke
    Angel
    Wolverine
    Bishop
    Last edited by crimsontt; 11-16-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Polemical topics. Trying not to create confusion

Liberals are not left. They're center right.

*sigh* You're an American, aren't you?

Moderate conservatives- right

Nightcrawler
    Cyclops
    Kitty
    Huh?

Reactionaries - right

(Supremacists)

Magneto
    HUH????

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This thread already exists.... and it depends how you define things but basically I like to define mutants politics mainly in terms of their relations with humanity... Magneto is on the LEFT. (he wants massive change, empower the suffering group which are mutants). From that PoV Xavier is more of a moderate/centrist (slow tinkering, make promises, try to keep mutants "civil" and "know their place" within the human-dominated system, but not the courage to truly make it different). Apocalypse yeah is more of a right-wing fascist at least how he's normally portrayed (social darwinism, mutants are superior and that superiority is demonstrated through perpetual competition or combat). There are other ideologies though, like Mystique is a "nihilist" who "lives for today", hard to place that politically. Emma Frost like a more developed or sophisticated version of the Mystique ideology, basically "libertarianism" as in mutants should focus on self-development and succeeding within or without the currently constructed human society, but more for their own sake and not for mutants "as a whole". I would argue Rogue/Rahne have a traditional right ideology of sucking up to powers that be, not questioning or being skeptical, they accept that mutants are evil/wrong and want to convert to humans or are ok with humans treating them like garbage (obviously these characters have evolved but you know what I mean).
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-16-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post

This dude is more interested in learning OUR affiliations than he is the mutant agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This dude is more interested in learning OUR affiliations than he is the mutant agenda.
    Which dude? Me?

Incredible Member

Sorry edited before it becomes a fight!
    Last edited by crimsontt; 11-16-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Depends on the spectrum. Liberals can be center of left. As in the American social democracy.

I’m a center left brazilian, btw

BANNED

Lets keep this simple:

Angel: would vote primarily for no taxes on the rich
    Psylocke: would vote for lowering the age of consent
    Cyclops: would vote for more fundings for abortion clinics
    Storm: would unironically vote Trump
    Rogue: never registered to vote because she can't read

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Storm: would unironically vote Trump
    ??????????????????????????????????????
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Will always baffle me that Cyclops is not considered revolutionary like he was advertised and written as....

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Depends on the spectrum. Liberals can be center of left. As in the American social democracy.

I’m a center left brazilian, btw
    American Liberals believe that their political leanings are center of left but they’d be considered Republicans like 20 years ago. But what was considered centrist got pulled further to the right over the years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ??????????????????????????????????????
    How many dictators has she hooked up with? She loves authoritarian and egomaniacal figures.

I am going to use a simple analogy that mutants are persecuted by the religious right in the Marvel Universe and there have been many examples of this. This would tend to force them as a minority group to embrace more left leaning politicians that would advocate for equal rights. I guarantee you the Republicans of the Marvel U are big Sentinel fans who would love nothing more than to round the mutants up into permanent detention centres. Oh right they actually did this in X-Men Black Magneto, the American government was rounding up mutants in permanent detention centres.

Warren's father would be a hard core Republican, Warren would rebel against his father and be a hard core Bernie Sanders supporter!

Emma Frost wouldn't have political affiliations and she would donate money to politicians that support mutant rights legislation and that would be her only requirement for support be they Republican or Democrat. Oh, also Emma would support politicians who advocate on behalf of teachers and students, oh, that makes Emma pretty much a Democrat right there!

Jean would be all in on Medicare for all and she probably is a Bernie Sanders delegate!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Which dude? Me?
    Oh no sorry. The OP. These kinds of threads are just bait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Will always baffle me that Cyclops is not considered revolutionary like he was advertised and written as....

American Liberals believe that their political leanings are center of left but they’d be considered Republicans like 20 years ago. But what was considered centrist got pulled further to the right over the years.
    To be fair, the person who reimagined “liberalism” as a centre left position was FDR. And somewhat ironically, Bill Clinton & Friends started using “progressive” to distance themselves from liberals, even though these days the left has claimed the use of progressive.