Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I am of mixed feelings about the marriage. I like that it gives Lois and Superman some character progression, but I feel Lois' character in particular has suffered from it more often than not. I do feel like the direction they are going with Lois now is a lot better than what we've gotten from her in the last 25 years (God that makes me sound old).

Lois needs to be Superman's partner in all things super. They need to be partners on a level that is much more than a side-kick. Their relationship should indeed be romantic but their partnership needs to go much further than that. They need to give Superman and Lois a shared vision that Lois equally informs. Having her just be a reporter/wife and not an adventurer herself is a huge diservice. The relationship between Lois and Superman is the relationship that was there from the very beginning and that fact needs to be built on. In my mind when someone asks "Why doesn't Superman have a sidekick?"; the answer should be because he has Lois Lane. Their relationship goes way beyond marriage in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I am of mixed feelings about the marriage. I like that it gives Lois and Superman some character progression, but I feel Lois' character in particular has suffered from it more often than not. I do feel like the direction they are going with Lois now is a lot better than what we've gotten from her in the last 25 years (God that makes me sound old).

Lois needs to be Superman's partner in all things super. They need to be partners on a level that is much more than a side-kick. Their relationship should indeed be romantic but their partnership needs to go much further than that. They need to give Superman and Lois a shared vision that Lois equally informs. Having her just be a reporter/wife and not an adventurer herself is a huge diservice. The relationship between Lois and Superman is the relationship that was there from the very beginning and that fact needs to be built on. In my mind when someone asks "Why doesn't Superman have a sidekick?"; the answer should be because he has Lois Lane. Their relationship goes way beyond marriage in my opinion.
    Yeah, as my grandparents put it, romance is not the basis of a functional marriage. You need more than that, and well they do.