Default Has Xavier shown regret for erasing Spider-Man's memories in Secret Wars?

(he does realize he's talking to someone who once led the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, right?)

But anyways, I was looking back at Secret Wars, and I wonder if there's ever been point where Xavier regretted abusing his powers to prevent Spider-Man from telling the other heroes of the X-Men's plan to join Magneto? He says it's something that he will "long regret", but I honestly don't recall him even referencing this.

Has he ever said anything about this again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

(he does realize he's talking to someone who once led the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, right?)

But anyways, I was looking back at Secret Wars, and I wonder if there's ever been point where Xavier regretted abusing his powers to prevent Spider-Man from telling the other heroes of the X-Men's plan to join Magneto? He says it's something that he will "long regret", but I honestly don't recall him even referencing this.

Deleting Cyclops's memories of his brother, hiding the fact that Danger is sentient, sending an eighteen year old to spy on the Hellfire Club for him... his belief that noble deeds do not justify evil means has been retconed a long time ago.

Ultimate Member

Flash forward a few years and he does the same thing to Magneto, inadvertently creating Onslaught, in the process.

I wonder what whacky alternate persona he created by mind-wiping Spider-Man? Could we be looking at the true origin of Deadpool?

No. Why would Xavier show emotion for something he did to Spiderman?
    Barely cares about his own pupils let alone a stranger.

BANNED

Xavier when asked abt it:

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

No better than Doom or Hitler? ... really?

Slightly over the top lol, all my guy did is slow Spidey down and prevent him from causing a huge ruckus. This actually a really good positive about Secret Wars, helping to demonstrate X-lore is more complex and even their "villains" may have good points/good motives

Also I believe Doom himself in this showed signs of being virtuous in some ways when he resisted the Beyonder/Galactus or whatever it was (I know there is a SW I and SW II I can't recall everything about each right now)

On topic: no it's never been brought up again and Xavier honestly forgot about it. Like others ITT mentioned, he's done things that are legitimately dubious and this is small potatoes.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-17-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    No better than Doom or Hitler? ... really?

Slightly over the top lol, all my guy did is slow Spidey down and prevent him from causing a huge ruckus. This actually a really good positive about Secret Wars, helping to demonstrate X-lore is more complex and even their "villains" may have good points/good motives

Also I believe Doom himself in this showed signs of being virtuous in some ways when he resisted the Beyonder/Galactus or whatever it was (I know there is a SW I and SW II I can't recall everything about each right now)

On topic: no it's never been brought up again and Xavier honestly forgot about it. Like others ITT mentioned, he's done things that are legitimately dubious and this is small potatoes.
    It is so small potatoes that he had no qualms about admit it to Magneto and in front of his students. The most serious things were the ones he didn't tell anyone and the X-men were appalled when they found out them.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Just standard Marvel style hyperbole really.

Everything turned out alright here regarding the different Secret Wars alliances, so why go back and revisit this quite minor scene afterwards?

The story was also written by Shooter, not that strange Claremont did not feel a pressing need to further explore it in Uncanny X-men later on.

In posting that scan, you realize how dumb he sounds, right?

The ethical thing to do would've been to erase Spider-Menace's mind entirely.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hell no xavier does regret that. He doesn’t regret any of the times he does it to someone