Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Magneto speaks to prideful for someone who couldnt defeat iron man. They should have show the reaction of the mutankind after the X-force attack , one minute after calling themselve gods a bunch of randoms kills their leader.

I know they can ressurect him but is hit to their pride. An attack like that with a team with real power like the Supreme Squad or the Masters of Evil would have killed thousands of mutants

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Now I really want to see Hickman or another writer expand on Mutant/Krakoan deity. We've already been introduced to mutant magic seems only logical to introduce gods into the X-Men lore.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Magneto speaks to prideful for someone who couldnt defeat iron man.
    Mags stopped caring mid fight and let Stark win. Don't be disingenuous, it makes you look bad.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

There are only two true divine beings on Krakoa:

1. Siyrn
    2. Storm

Any other mutant claiming so is delusional.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    There are only two true divine beings on Krakoa:

1. Siyrn
    2. Storm

Any other mutant claiming so is delusional.
    I believe Greg Pak stated Storm was delusional thinking she was a goddess so...

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Mags stopped caring mid fight and let Stark win. Don't be disingenuous, it makes you look bad.
    He got distracted, so he stopped blocking and Metal Man hit him with the 4P into EX DP for the KO. Looking back at the match footage, the TOs allowing a stage change really threw Curly Moustache off his game. It was kind of heartbreaking to watch, but he's always been a strong player and I except him to stay in the competitive scene for years to come.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    In gathering all the mutant together, we’re getting some pretty strange bedfellows.

Off the top of my head we have Selene and The Morrigan (via Siryn).
    Is Apocalypse a god?
    Who else?
    And do we count Storm or is that only when she’s in Wakanda?
    What elevates them to divinity, rather than just being a really long lived powerful being? Exodus is pretty old too.
    Illyana is the absolute ruler of her own pocket dimension, does that make her a goddess, if only to her subjects?
    They are all mutants, are they not? Born with the X-gene from human parents, either of sapiens or mutants descent.
    They are as humans as their fellow men and women, therefore not gods - only individuals with powers extremely potent in some cases like those you cited.
    That smallfolks and the credulous types Believe them to be godlike being is another matter entirely, but factually, they are humans.
    That it gets to the heads of some of them, drowning in their own hype and self-importance is also another matter entirely.

So no, there are no gods on that island, despite Magneto purporting to the sapiens that they are.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Magneto DECREED their godhood and then the same ambassadors he humiliated agreed to all mutants conditions in the UN vote. Seems only Russia is agnostic when it comes to worshipping Homo Superior.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They are all mutants, are they not? Born with the X-gene from human parents, either of sapiens or mutants descent.
    They are as humans as their fellow men and women, therefore not gods - only individuals with powers extremely potent in some cases like those you cited.
    That smallfolks and the credulous types Believe them to be godlike being is another matter entirely, but factually, they are humans.
    That it gets to the heads of some of them, drowning in their own hype and self-importance is also another matter entirely.

So no, there are no gods on that island, despite Magneto purporting to the sapiens that they are.
    Storm can reach godhood though. Briefly and only under some circumstances but she can. Selene became a goddess briefly too. Syring has been The Morrigan up to HoXPoX. Some of them can reach godhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    That statement was proven wrong in Black Panther 172.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-18-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Is there a reason you keep referencing Pak's solo as if his vision of her goddess days in Africa somehow negate her standing as a goddess now? He wrote a woman who simply didn't believe her to be was goddess. Xavier felt that same. Knowing what we know now tells us that Ororo was NOT the delusional one. Xavier and the old lady were delusional. Storm is a goddess by heritage. Black Panther #17 & #172 confirm this. Nothing Pak wrote goes to any lengths to disprove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That statement was proven wrong in Black Panther 172.
    Exactly. And BOOM!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally, and despite my abject dislike for Coates' writing...I can acknowledge Storm's "Goddess" moment in Wakanda....as just that, a moment.
    However...
    Until HiX-Man or Duggan addresses it in X-Men or Marauders...the books/franchise to which she belongs and is an integral part of their story and direction...She's an Omega L. Mutant. Which is still very awesome and probably even more interesting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I find it really funny how in Storm's case it has to be done in an X- Book for it to be acknowledged.. even when writers in other books acknowledged her being a goddess. Y'all are really showing out lmfao
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

I actually don’t know who else is a God other than Storm being established as one in Black Panther, Shuri and in Fearless.

But honestly if you look at all of the Omega Lvl mutants. Technically they are all Gods their powers do not seem to have a defined limits. Therefore I’d consider them to be Gods.....IMO