Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    And BOOM! People are so hype to deny Storm her intersectionality until the X-books acknowledge it. Lol I think I’ll wait right along with them in that regard. Issa mess, it’s just a really big mess.
    I guess the further question I have is, does developments with characters not count if done in another franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I guess the further question I have is, does developments with characters not count if done in another franchise?
    It's a shared universe so of course it counts until shown otherwise or contradicted. Even the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think she became a god until Morrison as he literally had he ascend beyond humanity. As Phoenix of the White Crown, she existed outside of time and space and was doing things far beyond mortality

Not even Claremont had her power levels such that she could hold an entire timeline in her hands and eradicate it
    Being fair there are multiple characters in Marvel who are deemed Gods or Goddesses who have not or do not exist outside of time/space let alone manipulate the forces Jean has even as the Green/Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's a shared universe so of course it counts until shown otherwise or contradicted. Even the bad.

Doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.

Agreed, with this there are characters who haven't used abilities in years and fans will argue that case to death. I'm confused as why Storm being validated as a Goddess in an actual book is subject to having to meet a certain standard?

She's a Goddess and a mutant the same way, Dani was a mutant and a Valkyrie, or Jean is a mutant and host for the PF, or Magik is mutant and a sorceress, you can mutant and multiple other things!!
    I agree with you but apparently Storm needs permission from her X-masters to be anything other than a mutant.

BANNED

Just checked and in the original run, Phoenix successively resurrected herself, lost her corporeal form to become a concentration of pure energy, fused with the entire galaxy and recreated it as it was being destroyed. That was long before achieving WPOTC status but still godly enough by any standard. Phoenix is also powered by all unborn life in the universe tho I didn't read that story.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean being the White Phoenix Of The Crown underscores the point that...while under particular writers, certain characters have attained Godhood and used that power once/twice it does not make them Gods, in fact as well as name...from that moment onward.

For all the Cosmic Power she wielded (past tense, and for a far longer period than Storm held/used that power against the Adversary) Jean now is 'just' an Omega Level telepath.

The true "Gods" here are the writers who giveth and taketh away at a whim and will.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nope darling I provided the receipts from an official marvel encyclopedia. all canon beloved. it also mentions her love for tchalla and nothing about being bi or loving yukio. just saying :*
    Does it mention her love for Wolverine? Or does that mean it isn’t canon now?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    No. Kiss clearly provided proof of Storm’s goddess status documented in official marvel text. She able to absorb and transform worship into power. That’s not I simply implied, it’s outright stated. Her bisexual nature is anything but.
    I’m not talking about whether she’s a god or not, but the implication that she has immeasurable durability.

BANNED

Apparently not. Rogue’s disdain and adversarial relationship with Wanda apparently isn’t a thing, I guess. No wonder people still make arguments to suggest that Storm could be taken out by electricity. You know, people even ask if she could make it rain on the sun. Still, we’re waiting on books featuring certain X-men characters to be validated by X-books featuring X-men characters that appear in non-X-men related books.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That’s what I thought, but alas...
    Doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.
    You got that sense, too? I wonder what that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I agree with you but apparently Storm needs permission from her X-masters to be anything other than a mutant.
    Miss, you won. You won the thread! I ain’t wanna say it...
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 11-18-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    hello!!! say that again for the folks in the back to hear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Does it mention her love for Wolverine? Or does that mean it isn’t canon now?

I’m not talking about whether she’s a god or not, but the implication that she has immeasurable durability.
    why do you want her to be bisexual so badly? if she was they would clearly show it like they have done with iceman and daken. it wouldnt be all this hidden subcontext.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why do you want her to be bisexual so badly? if she was they would clearly show it like they have done with iceman and daken. it wouldnt be all this hidden subcontext.
    Because I love Storm and I also love bisexual representation. Pretty simple. They barely show Psylocke being bisexual, why would them being coy with Storm be such a surprise? And Iceman isn’t even bi.