Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I find it really funny how in Storm's case it has to be done in an X- Book for it to be acknowledged.. even when writers in other books acknowledged her being a goddess. Y'all are really showing out lmfao
    I think bc she's always been referred to as a goddess since she was created but thats always been metaphorical and not literal. She being a goddess is ill defined and as of now, doesnt really add anything to her as a mutant in X-men lore. I still dont understand what this changed. Like what does being considered an actual goddess do for her now that she couldnt do before? I think the omega level status is more relevant here as it is built into X-lore more intimately. Aside from the occasional line of someone calling her a goddess, no writer has done anything with it in the X-books and made it make sense with her bc it doesnt really fit the narrative of the stories that are told here and Storm hasnt really drove X-stories in quite some time. Until that changes, yeah people will dismiss it

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally, and despite my abject dislike for Coates' writing...I can acknowledge Storm's "Goddess" moment in Wakanda....as just that, a moment.
    However...
    Until HiX-Man or Duggan addresses it in X-Men or Marauders...the books/franchise to which she belongs and is an integral part of their story and direction...She's an Omega L. Mutant. Which is still very awesome and probably even more interesting.
    Yeah, that’s not how it works. Marvel is a shared universe and just because things don’t happen in a certain office doesn’t mean it isn’t canon. Storm’s a goddess, full stop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think bc she's always been referred to as a goddess since she was created but thats always been metaphorical and not literal. She being a goddess is ill defined and as of now, doesnt really add anything to her as a mutant in X-men lore. I still dont understand what this changed. Like what does being considered an actual goddess do for her now that she couldnt do before? I think the omega level status is more relevant here as it is built into X-lore more intimately. Aside from the occasional line of someone calling her a goddess, no writer has done anything with it in the X-books and made it make sense with her bc it doesnt really fit the narrative of the stories that are told here and Storm hasnt really drove X-stories in quite some time. Until that changes, yeah people will dismiss it
    Claremont was the first to introduce those aspects to her. He write her as being descended from a long line of sorceress and as if having that power herself if she wants it. Guggenheim recently in the crooks had her claim ZTE hammer Loki made for her and be a goddess for awhile that way.

So the Xbooks do acknowledge if, writer and plot line depending.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They are all mutants, are they not? Born with the X-gene from human parents, either of sapiens or mutants descent.
    They are as humans as their fellow men and women, therefore not gods - only individuals with powers extremely potent in some cases like those you cited.
    That smallfolks and the credulous types Believe them to be godlike being is another matter entirely, but factually, they are humans.
    That it gets to the heads of some of them, drowning in their own hype and self-importance is also another matter entirely.

So no, there are no gods on that island, despite Magneto purporting to the sapiens that they are.
    A number of gods were human or close to it before ascending.

Quite clearly some mutants can and have ascended to godhood.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Claremont was the first to introduce those aspects to her. He write her as being descended from a long line of sorceress and as if having that power herself if she wants it. Guggenheim recently in the crooks had her claim ZTE hammer Loki made for her and be a goddess for awhile that way.

So the Xbooks do acknowledge if, writer and plot line depending.
    what power? What is this goddess power that her family has that she to has? See what I mean about being ill defined. Sorcery does not equal godhood. Her weather powers come from her being a mutant, not some goddess. That was the case in Claremont's run as we saw her lose them when hit with Forge's gun that removed her mutant powers and we've seen her depowered in other stories where the X-gene was suppressed (like the High Evolutionary story in the late 90s).

Guggenheim is not the best example as his story directly contradicted the one Coates did as he reaffirmed that Storm wasnt an actual god

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Settle down there missy...
    I admit that it is canon (see where I acknowledged it?)...however...canon is only canon until a writer comes in and decides that it isn't. Shared Universe be damned.
    As such...
    One display of Goddess Power does not a Goddess make. (keep in mind she tapped into it through outside forces through the belief and prayers of the Wakandans...It wasn't of her own purpose and agency.)

And until it is acknowledged by her designated writers...then...we'll see, if it sticks.

In the meantime, rest assured you are free to believe what you want...regardless that I may think otherwise. Allow me the same courtesy, please.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    I believe Greg Pak stated Storm was delusional thinking she was a goddess so...
    can I just say I find it fascinating that you believe ororo to be bisexual though it has NEVER been stated as such; however, it has been stated multiple times she is a literal goddess and yet you question that. How does that work??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Is there a reason you keep referencing Pak's solo as if his vision of her goddess days in Africa somehow negate her standing as a goddess now? He wrote a woman who simply didn't believe her to be was goddess. Xavier felt that same. Knowing what we know now tells us that Ororo was NOT the delusional one. Xavier and the old lady were delusional. Storm is a goddess by heritage. Black Panther #17 & #172 confirm this. Nothing Pak wrote goes to any lengths to disprove it.

Exactly. And BOOM!
    you better preach as you always do!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Cant she be both? Ascending to a level beyond human makes it all the more likely she wouldn't be restrained by the shackles of heterosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can I just say I find it fascinating that you believe ororo to be bisexual though it has NEVER been stated as such; however, it has been stated multiple times she is a literal goddess and yet you question that. How does that work??
    Y’all are so pressed for heterosexuality and for what? It just isn’t correct and she doesn’t need to say out loud on a podium that she’s gay for that to matter. She proved it with her relationships as well as her printed, on-panel kiss. And before you scream “b-but AXIS “, Tieri already made his intent clear by saying she was bisexual. This bi crackdown ain’t cute lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what power? What is this goddess power that her family has that she to has? See what I mean about being ill defined. Sorcery does not equal godhood. Her weather powers come from her being a mutant, not some goddess. That was the case in Claremont's run as we saw her lose them when hit with Forge's gun that removed her mutant powers and we've seen her depowered in other stories where the X-gene was suppressed (like the High Evolutionary story in the late 90s).

Guggenheim is not the best example as his story directly contradicted the one Coates did as he reaffirmed that Storm wasnt an actual god
    actually there were two times in the xbooks she was hinted at as being something more than a mutant. once in before the storm mini, ororo is shown hieroglyphics of her being worshipped by followers in her xmen uniform:

then Claremont actually mentioned that she was not yet a goddess, meaning she would one day become one:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Y’all are so pressed for heterosexuality and for what? It just isn’t correct and she doesn’t need to say out loud on a podium that she’s gay for that to matter. She proved it with her relationships as well as her printed, on-panel kiss. And before you scream “b-but AXIS “, Tieri already made his intent clear by saying she was bisexual. This bi crackdown ain’t cute lol
    I don't care if she is bi or pansexual. she can be whatever writers make her. my point is that there isnt any canonical evidence that clearly state this. and it doesnt matter what the writer intent was, until she exhibits such behavior when her mind hasnt been warped canonically there is nothing to support she is bisexual.

I don't care if she is bi or pansexual. she can be whatever writers make her. my point is that there isnt any canonical evidence that clearly state this. and it doesnt matter what the writer intent was, until she exhibits such behavior when her mind hasnt been warped canonically there is nothing to support she is bisexual.
    For the billionth time, the kiss IS evidence lmaoooooo you clearly care or else you wouldn’t be fighting tooth and nail for some dissertation about how exactly Ororo is bisexual along with 17 supporting examples for the argument. You wouldn’t catch Karma kiss a guy just because she gets warped because that wasn’t how the AXIS speak worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    For the billionth time, the kiss IS evidence lmaoooooo you clearly care or else you wouldn’t be fighting tooth and nail for some dissertation about how exactly Ororo is bisexual along with 17 supporting examples for the argument. You wouldn’t catch Karma kiss a guy just because she gets warped because that wasn’t how the AXIS speak worked.
    she was behaving abnormally due to the spell cast. do you have her doing that with women outside of that instance ?

any this is derailing the topic. back to her and others being a goddess.

actually there were two times in the xbooks she was hinted at as being something more than a mutant. once in before the storm mini, ororo is shown hieroglyphics of her being worshipped by followers in her xmen uniform:

then Claremont actually mentioned that she was not yet a goddess, meaning she would one day become one:

But what is this goddess power? What has changed for her other than a title/status? Im genuinly confused