Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yellow emblem, too, please!
    I think it's confirmed to not have any yellow, either on the belt or the emblem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They damn well better have trunks if they are going Adam West old school with blue and grey. And a yellow bat emblem.

Well, they say "modernized" so...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’d figure it will be a dark dark blue with no briefs on the outside. It will probably just be a hint of blue.
    Interestingly, in the comics, as far as I'm aware, there has never been a blue and grey suit that didn't have the briefs outside!

They damn well better have trunks if they are going Adam West old school with blue and grey. And a yellow bat emblem.

Apparently they aren't going to have the yellow emblem.

Pity. The yellow emblem is so awesome. Its like Batman telling the criminals to come at him, he doesn't care.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's confirmed to not have any yellow, either on the belt or the emblem.

Well, they say "modernized" so...
    Too bad. At least with Keaton you knew he had a bat symbol.

Affleck's bat symbol was so washed out that is was barely visible. Sort of what's the point if you can barely see it.

grey and blue would be sweet hoping the blue would be more apparent
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Affleck's bat symbol was so washed out that is was barely visible. Sort of what's the point if you can barely see it.

Eh, still more visible than Bale's bat symbol. That thing was just a mere indentation in his suit I think...

I never saw any stills that Ben looked good. His performance mostly made up for it. Affleck was very devoted to the role, putting on 40 pounds of muscle to play Batman. Wish WB gave him more chance to keep playing the role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Pity. The yellow emblem is so awesome. Its like Batman telling the criminals to come at him, he doesn't care.
    True enough. But I think we're now in an era where the yellow emblem is largely considered a relic of the past - a symbol of an "old-school" take on Batman. The Year One suit is pretty much the base template for the Batsuit now. And the Year One suit itself is a darker reinvention of the classic Golden Age suit - which Pattison's suit, if the rumors are to be believed, will closely resemble.

The yellow emblem makes sense when you overlay the DKR logic behind it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The yellow emblem makes sense when you overlay the DKR logic behind it
    The DKR logic more or less became canon as of 'Tec#1000 (if it wasn't already).

The yellow emblem, to me, always made sense during the "Dynamic Duo" days when Bruce was probably at his most happy and stable mentally and was working with Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Grey and blue is all good as long as he is not wearing his briefs on the outside.
    I hope they're there!

I was watching the Lions play on Thanksgiving and couldn't stop staring at their TERRIBLE uniforms. All grey from shoulders to feet... no stripes, no slashes, nothing to break up all that grey and they looked stupid. They looked some kind of dime store sweatsuits or onesie pajamas. I'll take the blue briefs breaking up that color scheme any day of the week.

Besides THIS is MY Batman.

91506565d0ae9c1d2f6149bb60510ad1.jpg

Besides in his 80 years... he wore that costume for over half of it. THAT is the 'standard' Bat-suit. Nothing else comes close. Most don't get 3 years before its tweaked or modified... but that one had endurance. It deserves to be seen on the big screen.

Retired

Even though I like the traditional blue and grey, I stick to the belief that the blue is actually black. It's a highlight colour--and for reasons of economy classic comics used blue for black.

That being said, it should be possible to make the Batman's black and grey look blue and grey with the right lighting and filters in a movie. And you can see that with some of the stills from previous Batman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even though I like the traditional blue and grey, I stick to the belief that the blue is actually black. It's a highlight colour--and for reasons of economy classic comics used blue for black.

That being said, it should be possible to make the Batman's black and grey look blue and grey with the right lighting and filters in a movie. And you can see that with some of the stills from previous Batman movies.
    I would buy that for back in the Golden age, but by silver and Bronze it was quite decidedly blue. Same debate with Spider-man's costume. When drawing things like this... you can't have 90% of it be 'highlight' color.... without it actually BEING that color. It's why Superman and Bruce's hair aren't colored 90% blue with just a few dark shadows...

All-New Member

Well I think it`s not going to be that bad...
    In the Justice League movie we saw, I think, a blue suit and it was pretty cool!
    My opinion is that the best batsuit ever was the Batfleck suit, it looked like Dark Night Returns suit and had a pretty cool voice changer. But now with the news that Robbert Pattinson is having problems with is muscular mass I think that a leanier version of Batman like it was in the 80`s and the blue with would be more interesting. And the white eyes... I`m sure they will look awesome!