Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Could Selene appear in the next issue?

In HOX, a large number of mutant villains join the island. One of them is selene. I'm really excited about it. X-men have always lacked magical characters. Magik was not mature enough, and Storm's magic were not valued by the Writers. The addition of a magical villain like selene could help the x-men make up for their lack of magical characters.

I can't wait to see the Black Queen in action. I believe Excalibur (magic world), New Mutants (Magik with black magic), X-Force(cruel, dark), and Marauders(Hellfire) all fit her.

Another thing that I care about is the magic of the Storm. I remember a writer recently suggested in an interview that the x-men have potentia about magic, especially Storm. I'm not sure if this means the Storm's potential about magic is about to be tapped, or if it's just a throwaway from the author without a plan. And not long ago in the Panther' story, Storm has become a goddess. But does it seem that with hickman's restart, the connection between storm and wakanda may be severed? The performance of the Storm in Marauder also worries me. I was afraid that the goddess route she had started so hard would fall by the wayside.

Next issue of what?

Xmen had a magical character for a couple of years in Young Beast. Best development to happen to him

Excalibur makes the most sense atm.

Maybe whenever they go fight that those demon things that made Okkara separate into Krakoa and Akkroa a big strike force will be used. She can maybe show up there as well.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Spectacular Member

I'm sorry, my English is not very good. So my words may seem strange...

I know that... But it seems that the young O5 went back, despite the story suggesting that their adult version had memories and experiences. But hix-men seems to have abandoned that...After all, Jean never showed the skill that Teenager Jean showed.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    In HOX, a large number of mutant villains join the island. One of them is selene. I'm really excited about it. X-men have always lacked magical characters. Magik was not mature enough, and Storm's magic were not valued by the Writers. The addition of a magical villain like selene could help the x-men make up for their lack of magical characters.

I can't wait to see the Black Queen in action. I believe Excalibur (magic world), New Mutants (Magik with black magic), X-Force(cruel, dark), and Marauders(Hellfire) all fit her.

Another thing that I care about is the magic of the Storm. I remember a writer recently suggested in an interview that the x-men have potentia about magic, especially Storm. I'm not sure if this means the Storm's potential about magic is about to be tapped, or if it's just a throwaway from the author without a plan. And not long ago in the Panther' story, Storm has become a goddess. But does it seem that with hickman's restart, the connection between storm and wakanda may be severed? The performance of the Storm in Marauder also worries me. I was afraid that the goddess route she had started so hard would fall by the wayside.
    Sorry I hate magic and want it to be sidelined/ignored within X-Lore as much as possible.

Mutations FTW.

Selene is extremely strong based off her mutant abilities (turning inanimate matter into life that she controls is ludicrous as HELL).

As far as could she appear "in the next issue" I assume you mean Marauders , and the answer is probably not that fast although there was a data page in Marauders #1 which seems to be hinting about Selene.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Sorry I hate magic and want it to be sidelined/ignored within X-Lore as much as possible.

Mutations FTW.

Selene is extremely strong based off her mutant abilities (turning inanimate matter into life that she controls is ludicrous as HELL).

As far as could she appear "in the next issue" I assume you mean Marauders , and the answer is probably not that fast although there was a data page in Marauders #1 which seems to be hinting about Selene.
    Actually, Selene's only powers are probably related to her psychic vampirism (life-force absorbion, strength, speed, stamina, etc. and maybe telepathy) the rest is probably magic.

I say probably because the only power we know of that comes from x-gene is her psychic vampirism.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Mutations FTW.

I can see your point... But I want us to have magic, because I want the x-men to have no shortcomings. "In the next issue" is my expression mistake, please forgive me, my English is not very good... I mean “in any of the following X-stories”...

I do absolutely despise that whole "mutant magic" shtick. It's ridiculous, to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    I do absolutely despise that whole "mutant magic" shtick. It's ridiculous, to be honest.
    The X-Men are a part of Marvel Universe and magic has always been a huge part of the stories. And it's great, as it gives them something to fight besides just the same lame sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The X-Men are a part of Marvel Universe and magic has always been a huge part of the stories. And it's great, as it gives them something to fight besides just the same lame sentinels.
    Oh, there are many mutant magic users: Magik, Selene, Madelyne Pryor, etc.

That's not what I dislike. What I dislike is this whole new kind of magic they've created just for mutants, a genetically modified off-shots of humans. It's ridiculous.

Spectacular Member

That's not what I dislike. What I dislike is this whole new kind of magic they've created just for mutants, a genetically modified off-shots of humans. It's ridiculous.

I think some mutants might consider using magic as a tool or weapon to increase their advantage. After all, there's no reason that human can use one thing,but mutants can't.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I think some mutants might consider using magic as a tool or weapon to increase their advantage. After all, there's no reason that human can use one thing,but mutants can't.
    Again, I'm not against mutants using magic, I just dislike the fact that they've created this new kind of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Next issue of what?

Xmen had a magical character for a couple of years in Young Beast. Best development to happen to him
    I miss White-horned Beast

Now that adult Hank remembers, I hope he uses it again one day in an emergency

I don't mind, different cultures have their own traditions and forms of magic. Doctor Voodoo's magic is different from Agatha Harkness's which is different from Talisman's which is different from Jennifer Kale's.

To me this means that mutants have finally gotten to the point where they have a shared culture beyond suffering and persecution

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I miss White-horned Beast

Now that adult Hank remembers, I hope he uses it again one day in an emergency

I don't mind, different cultures have their own traditions and forms of magic. Doctor Voodoo's magic is different from Agatha Harkness's which is different from Talisman's which is different from Jennifer Kale's.

To me this means that mutants have finally gotten to the point where they have a shared culture beyond suffering and persecution
    Is it a different culture thing or a completely different kind of magic, though? In Excalibur, it's implied that this is the kind of magic which only mutants could use (which is stupid). If it's a different culture thing, though that would be great.

Again, I'm not against mutants using magic, I just dislike the fact that they've created this new kind of magic.
    I wanna see where it goes before judging. The X shape thing was interesting but not well explained yet.

We know that mutants have particular energy auras compared to baseline mutants, and some of them have been able to tap into magic energies. Add the whole "cultural" aspect of mutantkind they are introducing plus the fact that magic in Marvel is a form of energy, and it kinda makes sense that a big and dense concentration of mutants might awake some magic forces.