Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wanna see where it goes before judging. The X shape thing was interesting but not well explained yet.

We know that mutants have particular energy auras compared to baseline mutants, and some of them have been able to tap into magic energies. Add the whole "cultural" aspect of mutantkind they are introducing plus the fact that magic in Marvel is a form of energy, and it kinda makes sense that a big and dense concentration of mutants might awake some magic forces.
    I read the issue as the Krakoa stealing the magic of Avalon to create mutant magic.That is why Morgan wants to destroy the mutants. The metaphor of mutant taking resources from the normal people has always been present. In fact we know krakoa kills slowly other plants as we have seen un new mutants. The theme of competition is prevalent in Dawn of X.
    The endgame would be Krakoa growing over all the planet and all no mutant life destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I read the issue as the Krakoa stealing the magic of Avalon to create mutant magic.That is why Morgan wants to destroy the mutants. The metaphor of mutant taking resources from the normal people has always been present. In fact we know krakoa kills slowly other plants as we have seen un new mutants. The theme of competition is prevalent in Dawn of X.
    The endgame would be Krakoa growing over all the planet and all no mutant life destroyed
    Oh I didn't think about Krakoa creating mutant magic through Otherworld. I thought it just invading the Avalon waters. Probably it's all because of the Arakko connection.

Yeah from both this istance and New Mutants I think that we'll have a Krakoan infestation on the planet.

Astonishing Member

Which might explain why Krakoa isn’t trying to eat the mutants anymore: Xavier offered it everything that isn’t mutant

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Which might explain why Krakoa isn’t trying to eat the mutants anymore: Xavier offered it everything that isn’t mutant
    Charles has been able to provide proteus with an unlimited supply of spare bodies, and I think neither selene nor Krakoa will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Is it a different culture thing or a completely different kind of magic, though? In Excalibur, it's implied that this is the kind of magic which only mutants could use (which is stupid). If it's a different culture thing, though that would be great.
    I think that the implication is that mutants are far more connected to the "natural order" than most people realized before. It's also showing there was always a reason that Apocalypse had four horseman. In Marvel U, the whole Four Horseman of the Apocalypse myth is actually derived from Apocalypse himself and it just became part of Judea-Christian mythology along the way.

But obviously if you gather four mutants together they are able to successfully chanel magic, where it actually takes a full circle of 12 humans to accomplish the same thing. The implication is that mutants are more naturally connected to the forces of magic, which would mean it would be ideal if you have four specific mutants earth, air, fire, and water which may actually be the purest form of magical channelling that mutants could accomplish.

I think it has to do with the fact that mutants are very connected to elemental forces through their powers and thus very connected to magical forces.

Some of the most powerful mutants are the ones who are intimately connected to elemental forces like Storm, Iceman, and Magneto whose connection to the very forces of nature and laws of physics make their powers nearly godlike!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Oh yeah i'm hoping Selene comes to the forefront as a major player coming up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Actually, Selene's only powers are probably related to her psychic vampirism (life-force absorbion, strength, speed, stamina, etc. and maybe telepathy) the rest is probably magic.

I say probably because the only power we know of that comes from x-gene is her psychic vampirism.
    Selene's mutant power is the absolute control over all inanimate objects...along with her psychic vampirism which is how she's managed to live for millenia.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh I didn't think about Krakoa creating mutant magic through Otherworld. I thought it just invading the Avalon waters. Probably it's all because of the Arakko connection.

Yeah from both this istance and New Mutants I think that we'll have a Krakoan infestation on the planet.
    Yupp.
    It was invading "and polluting" Morgan's magic pool in Otherworld. Just as it was trying to terraform the Biome on The Starjammer. Krakoa is being a tad invasive at the moment for reasons that hopefully will be explored.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Selene's mutant power is the absolute control over all inanimate objects...along with her psychic vampirism which is how she's managed to live for millenia.
    Don't know if that's her mutant power or magic. She does, after all, have pyrokinesis, shapeshifting and various other powers, and not all of that comes from her X-Gene.

I would say Uncanny X-Men 184 and 189 are pretty definitive as to what her mutant powers are but...I am not Wiki.

Astonishing Member

What are some Comics that I can read that really showcase Selene?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What are some Comics that I can read that really showcase Selene?
    Necrosha