Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Speculation: What will be Jason Aaron's next book (s)?

With Aaron's Thor run coming to an end next month and his Conan story ending in January, it's time to wonder: what book or books will he go to next?

Once he's done with Thor and Conan, that just leaves Avengers for him and while that title will certainly command a lot of his time and attention, just doing one on-going isn't enough for a Marvel exclusive writer of his stature.

So what do you think he's going to add to his workload next?

For me, the one book I really hope he jumps onto is Black Panther. Coates' run seems to be (hopefully) winding down and someone is gonna have to take over. If Coates' run ends as I expect with the Legacy numbering of #200, that tees things up for a #1 relaunch.

The case against Aaron, of course, is that Marvel might worry about catching heat for putting a white guy as the writer of Panther's ongoing book.

But I feel like Aaron would crush it and BP really needs a writer who's going to come in and make BP a must-read. The sales on Coates' run are abysmal at this point. There is no reason that, given the character's profile, that his book should have sales in the toilet.

We'll see what happens but I feel like an Aaron BP run would be pretty damn cool.

Another book I'd love to see him do is a new Moon Knight on-going - or at least a mini. Obviously Aaron has plans for the character in the Avengers so it's not too outlandish to think that he might have enough plans for the character that he'd want to have a new MK title to play with.

We haven't seen what he's got in store for MK in the Avengers yet but the glimpses and teases definitely indicate that he's planning on going big and doing MK on a scale we haven't seen before.

Aside from those two, I'd also be curious about an Aaron run on Captain America. I'm liking Coates' current run so I'm in no hurry to see that end but if the rumors of a Cap re-launch in 2020 are true, I wouldn't mind seeing Aaron take that on. I imagine he'd have a lot of fun with Steve and bring some big, Kirby-sized action to the book.

Those are my picks. What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 11-17-2019 at 03:01 PM.

I would buy Aaron Cap or Bap.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

1. Kaine Parker: The Scarlet Spider
    2. Excalibur
    3. The Punisher
    4. Silver Sable ongoing series
    5. Black Cat ongoing series

Fantastic Member

I feel he should go all in on Valkyrie and build up the next generation of Valkyrie's with Annabelle Riggs and others & Avengers that he teased with that splash with Man-Thing, Moon Knight, Punisher, Iron Fist, etc and Avengers 1,000,000 BC and with Phoenix and do a child of the Phoenix and Odin
    Last edited by HipHopAvenger; 11-17-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I feel he should go all in on Valkyrie and build up the next generation of Valkyrie's with Annabelle Riggs and others & Avengers that he teased with that splash with Man-Thing, Moon Knight, Punisher, Iron Fist, etc and Avengers 1,000,000 BC and with Phoenix and do a child of the Phoenix and Odin
    I'm all for going all-in on Valkyrie

Astonishing Member

Gilgamesh solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    1. Kaine Parker: The Scarlet Spider
    2. Excalibur
    3. The Punisher
    4. Silver Sable ongoing series
    5. Black Cat ongoing series
    Cool picks. I don't think any of those would happen, though.

Can't see him doing a side book in the Spidey line. That's too small scale for him.

Excalibur is already taken and I don't see him doing an X-book at this point anyhow. He's done several X-books before and I feel like the Hickman X-era is about forging new ground.

And I feel like Aaron already said what he had to say with the Punisher with his Max run.

But hey, you never know!

If they got rid of the multiple personalities disorder and went back to the noir roots I would like to see him write Moon Knight.

He's too high profile at this point to afford for a book staring a B-list character, and all the A-list characters are currently in the middle of solid runs with generally well-respected writers.

The highest profile character without a current series or mini is... Ant-Man?
    Maybe She-Hulk (but I'm sure nobody wants that!)

My guess would be that he's going to mastermind a big push for The Eternals in the lead up to the movie.

Or, long shot, they're really gonna push a new Champions / Young Avengers book in the lead up to the Disney+ shows