Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'd kill for another six issues of Weirdworld written by Jason Aaron with Mike del Mundo art.

-Pav, who misses Warbow...
    Ah snap, I totally forgot about that title.

Yes definitely this, or at least revisit it in a one shot or something

The Humphries run left threads hanging and had a fatal lack of ARKON, THE #1 BARBARIAN, so I would be down for that.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    How about NONE... No way in the world. I mean I was never the biggest fan of what Jason Aaron as written for Marvel as everything he writes turns to a dumpster fire of a mess. Thor and the X-men are proof of that.
    Yes, that long running, critically acclaimed, highly popular "dumpster fire" of a Thor run. Truly, nothing says failure quite like, uh, success.

You know, it's cool not to like a particular writer. But it's so silly to try and label that writer's work as a dumpster fire when, by all objective standards, it isn't.

For the record, I felt Aaron's Wolverine & The X-Men stumbled after a great start (I blame too many event tie-ins too soon) and I never warmed up to his Dr. Strange run. So I don't think everything he's done has hit the mark.

Still, I'd say his batting average is pretty good.

Random thought:

Would he be up for a Thunderbolts relaunch? I know they were antagonists in the new Punisher series but they need a title.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, that long running, critically acclaimed, highly popular "dumpster fire" of a Thor run. Truly, nothing says failure quite like, uh, success.

You know, it's cool not to like a particular writer. But it's so silly to try and label that writer's work as a dumpster fire when, by all objective standards, it isn't.

For the record, I felt Aaron's Wolverine & The X-Men stumbled after a great start (I blame too many event tie-ins too soon) and I never warmed up to his Dr. Strange run. So I don't think everything he's done has hit the mark.

Still, I'd say his batting average is pretty good.
    The hate for Aaron borderlines on insanity on these boards, I can't even make one positive comment on his Thor run in the "Thor Appreciation" thread without someone telling me how he "destroyed" the character and doesn't "respect" him.

My question is how do you respect a fictional character?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Oh man, Aaron’s run on Conan is coming to an end at the conclusion of this arc? That’s a bummer.
    Yes, it is ending. Jim Zub's taking over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Random thought:

Would he be up for a Thunderbolts relaunch? I know they were antagonists in the new Punisher series but they need a title.
    hydra cap + baron zemo + jason aaron = my eternal love and devotion

Originally posted by Hybrid

Random thought:

I wonder that myself. I think he could follow Kurt Busiek legacy quite well with the Thunderbolts.

It'd be funny if Aaron did relaunch Thunderbolts. Since their last run was written by Zub, they'd basically be swapping books!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://jasonaaron.substack.com/p/ne...u-asgard-adieu

So what now? What new Marvel book will I be taking on now that I’m done with THOR? Maybe I’ll talk more about that next time. For now, I’m gonna keep feeling the feelings of saying goodbye a little bit longer.
    Announcement in December?