Default Harry Potter trio vs Dr Strange (MCU)

Old Dumbledore, Voldemort and Young Grindelwald

vs

Dr Strange (MCU)

The battle takes place on Titan. No time travel or time stops.

Spectacular Member

After the massive boost Strange got between his solo and IW/Endgame, the Wizards have little chance. The Eldritch whips alone should seal the deal.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the HP wizards have no counter to Strange just shoving their side of the arena into the Mirror Universe as his opening move.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure the HP wizards have no counter to Strange just shoving their side of the arena into the Mirror Universe as his opening move.
    They could teleport away from the place he's affecting.

Mind, he doesn't really have a counter to Voldemort paralyzing him with a point-and-go, wordless, no beam spell either.

Dr. strange has countered very potent projectiles from infinity gems, his shields should be strong enough to deflect potter wizards spells i reckon. he also has a much better reaction speed/fast spells since his solo movie.

He might also be able to just dump himself in the mirror dimension (not a self ring out if you can willingly come back right?) then and surprise attack them.

He is the Joe Frazier of the MCU, you must beat him in the first moments of a fight, the longer the fight goes on the more difficult it will be. when he gets his blackhole transmutation stuff and duplication stuff going it will be too much for the wizards.

Extraordinary Member

Movie or book versions of the HP-trio?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

(not a self ring out if you can willingly come back right?)
    It is. Being able to come back under their own power only applies to being forced out of the arena. Leaving under their own will is a disqualification.

Whether the mirror dimension or something like infinite falling counts as leaving the arena is up for debate though.

07. Leaving the field: Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

ah right, so that tactic is no good. very well.

I kinda forgot that strange can also instantly call up the mirror dimension as a big wall, and throw it at people, like he did to thanos on titan.
    The wizards who are smart enough to teleport away will survive the initial attack from strange, those who think they can shield from it or nullify it will get dimension dumped. any spells thrown at strange during this time will be negated by the wall.

Dr. Strange should then have the moment he needs to use that duplication spell which should disorientate the potter wizards for a few seconds, which is all the doc really needs to start casting some heavy spells and end it all.

I mean, while he's doing his fancy first move, the wizards could hit him with something instead. He unquestionably has more raw physical power, but I'm not sure how well he's going to hold up against being turned into a fish, for example, as soon as the bell rings.

His best chance is to shield himself from invisible attacks at the start of the bell, but then they can instantly teleport to different sides and try again. I suppose he could have an omnidirectional shield, I just don't remember him using one.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 11-18-2019 at 11:28 AM.