Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man - The Clone Wars

OK, before you mention it, no; this thread is not about Star Wars. It's just something that came to my mind.

You see, Otto Octavius used the Regent's tech to stay "immortal" and he had clones programmed with his memories and staff. Now, we know the real Octavius is back to his old traditional "Doctor Octopus" persona. But in the last issue, he used "one of his spare clones" as a puppet to trick Spider-Osborn. If there was "one", that means there must be more. Somewhere, there must be another clone created by the combination of Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus in the same package. Now, if that clone awakes, maybe we will see the return of "Superior Spider-Man". (But hopefully, he will get another name).

Not only that, if the new clone (Elliot Tolliver) decides to make his own team and step out of the shadow of both, Peter and Otto, maybe he could even recruit the other Spider-Clones (Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker). With 3 Spider-Clones working together, what do you think it could happen?

There is a possibility, but I think Mephisto took care of this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    There is a possibility, but I think Mephisto took care of this.
    I don't think so. When he turned Otto back to his old self, the spare clone he used as a decoy seemed to be unaffected. So, if there is another clone, it could be unaffected too.

Unaffected and no brainer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Unaffected and no brainer.
    Why no brainer? Have you forgotten "One More Day"?

Mephisto's spell was supposed to erased everyone's memories about Peter being Spider-Man, but that didn't work with the Jackal. I mean, after YEARS working with Spider-Man's DNA, it was impossible for him to forget his secret identity. His computers could also be unaffected, because of Spider-Man's DNA data. So, if there's a clone programmed with Otto/Peter's memories, it could have survived Mephisto's deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Why no brainer? Have you forgotten "One More Day"?

Mephisto's spell was supposed to erased everyone's memories about Peter being Spider-Man, but that didn't work with the Jackal. I mean, after YEARS working with Spider-Man's DNA, it was impossible for him to forget his secret identity. His computers could also be unaffected, because of Spider-Man's DNA data. So, if there's a clone programmed with Otto/Peter's memories, it could have survived Mephisto's deal.
    The other major difference between Otto's deal and Peter's is that Peter's basically effected everyone's minds, while Otto's only effected his own, everyone else was fine as is. So if there are other Elliot clones out there, they definitively still have the memories and back-ups, just like the one he used as a decoy. And I wouldn't be surprised if this is their way of "bringing it back"/"having their cake and eating it too".

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The other major difference between Otto's deal and Peter's is that Peter's basically effected everyone's minds, while Otto's only effected his own, everyone else was fine as is. So if there are other Elliot clones out there, they definitively still have the memories and back-ups, just like the one he used as a decoy. And I wouldn't be surprised if this is their way of "bringing it back"/"having their cake and eating it too".
    Maybe Mephisto decided to affect any possible Otto clone too, and erase Peter's memories from 'em.