Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default History of the Phoenix

Trying to get my full memory of the Phoenix Force straight. Marvel wiki doesn't seem to have fully accurate information, so looking for help here. Ignoring Avengers BC for obvious reasons. Sticking with just history in or around the Earth.

Going earliest to latest:

Approx 1217 AD: Feron meets the Phoenix Force, and becomes the first human host. Builds the Excalibur lighthouse.

Approx 1250 AD: Feron II and Necrom fight over the Phoenix, causing the Phoenix to leave the Earth.

Approx 7 years ago Marvel time: Phoenix Force saves Jean's life in the Space Shuttle incident. Jean helps the X-Men and the Shi'Ar stop D'Ken. Her mind is tampered with by Mastermind and White Queen, and she goes Dark, destroying the D'Bari. She regains control, but sacrifices herself during a battle with the Shi'Ar. Canonically, the real Jean was at the bottom of Jamaica Bay during this time in stasis.

A Shard of the Phoenix goes to Madeliyne Pryor, triggering the Goblin Queen incident. Jean reclaimed the shard when she defeated Pryor.

The Phoenix goes to Rachel Grey during her attempt to fix the damaged timeline. Rachel stays as Phoenix for a time until she loses it while being time displaced saving Brian Braddock.

Phoenix Force returns to Jean upon her full return, and stays with her until her next death. From there, Jean ascends to the White Hot Room. During Warsong/Endsong, the Phoenix tries to find a new host after being injured by a Shi'Ar black hole cannon. She fails to find compatibility with the Cuckoos, Quintin Quire, or Emma Frost. Returning to Jean, she ascends to the White Phoenix of the Crown and saves the X-Men from a Shi'Ar revenge squad. Helps destroy The World and the clones of the Cuckoos. She then manipulates causality to allow the birth of Hope Summers.

AvX

After AvX, is reborn from an egg and helps Scott Summers stop the final Incursion. Leaves him on Battleworld.

Builds a stasis area to revive Jean Grey, and destroys the younger version of her to get her out of the way. Revives both, but is fully rejected by both for the Phoenix's actions. Has not appeared since (minus Jason Aaron being Jason Aaron).

Am I missing anything?

Genuine question (as I haven't read it) does that Avenger Phoenix cave woman count in the Phoenix history?

BANNED

It was ressurected in the 616 after Secret wars by thane tacking it’s power to fight Thanos until his father used the help of a coven of cosmic witches to strep the power out of him

You already mentioned Aaron but his fight with Thor is before the JeN Grey ressurection. Quire is the one who tells Phoenix about a new Jean Grey in town.

And all the stuff about Kun-lun that happened between Feron and Jean . I think that’s all if you exclude the avengers BC

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Genuine question (as I haven't read it) does that Avenger Phoenix cave woman count in the Phoenix history?

Why wouldn’t she ?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Why wouldn’t she ?
    As I said, I haven't read it. I know nothing about it. I even don't know if it's "in universe" or an alternative one.

BANNED

As I said, I haven't read it. I know nothing about it. I even don't know if it's "in universe" or an alternative one.
    Is in universe. We haven’t seen yet the history of Lady Phoenix because Aaron is writing one shots of each avenger BC at the beginning of the new arcs. But the Jean Grey solo referenced her appearing in the White Hot Room.

Is in universe. We haven’t seen yet the history of Lady Phoenix because Aaron is writing one shots of each avenger BC at the beginning of the new arcs. But the Jean Grey solo referenced her appearing in the White Hot Room.
    Thanks. I was wondering that too. If she had a real background story (yet) or if she was just a gimmick (meaning a character having the force for no special reason, just to have a Phoenix character)

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So I think the actual sequence goes Feron, CaveWoman, Fongji, Rooksh'ir, Jean, Xavier, Rachel, Diamanda Nero, then a few people in the Malibu Universe, Jean, Emma, Cuckoos, Cuckoos-Rachel, Hope, Scott, Quire, Jean.

Wikipedia is more accurate than the Marvel wiki.

Overall you've got the idea but in some cases it looks like you've over simplified timing for convenience vs how it meshes with the actual books. Example : it sounds like you're saying that the Phoenix caused the Goblyn Queen incident, which it did not, or that when Jean came back in X-Factor she had the Force which she didn't until Morrisons run almost a decade later.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 11-18-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I think the sequence goes Feron, CaveWoman, Fongji, Rooksh'ir, Jean, Xavier, Rachel, Diamanda Nero, then a few people in the Malibu Universe, Jean, Emma, Cuckoos, Cuckoos-Rachel, Hope, Scott, Quire, Jean.
    The Phoenix is such a sl*t...

It was ressurected in the 616 after Secret wars by thane tacking it’s power to fight Thanos until his father used the help of a coven of cosmic witches to strep the power out of him

You already mentioned Aaron but his fight with Thor is before the JeN Grey ressurection. Quire is the one who tells Phoenix about a new Jean Grey in town.

And all the stuff about Kun-lun that happened between Feron and Jean . I think that’s all if you exclude the avengers BC
    Thank you. I missed a lot of the Thor interactions in my perusal.

It technically counts as canon, but a lot of fans see it as pointless stuff done to make Jason Aaron's characters feel more important than they are (which it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I think the actual sequence goes Feron, CaveWoman, Fongji, Rooksh'ir, Jean, Xavier, Rachel, Diamanda Nero, then a few people in the Malibu Universe, Jean, Emma, Cuckoos, Cuckoos-Rachel, Hope, Scott, Quire, Jean.

Wikipedia is more accurate than the Marvel wiki.

Overall you've got the idea but in some cases it looks like you've over simplified timing for convenience vs how it meshes with the actual books. Example : it sounds like you're saying that the Phoenix caused the Goblyn Queen incident, which it did not, or that when Jean came back in X-Factor she had the Force which she didn't until Morrisons run almost a decade later.
    Yeah, I didn't want to make a post that's 400 lines long. Mostly simplified.

Though if you take Aaron into account (shudder), it goes Cavewoman, Feron since the Cavewoman was 10000 BC, and Feron was 1200 AD.

BANNED

Best girl <3

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

Best girl <3
    Unironically correct. Hope is the best Phoenix host I won’t accept anything less.

BANNED

Hope isn't even the best Jean Grey Generic Brand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Unironically correct. Hope is the best Phoenix host I won’t accept anything less.
    I love Hope, hate how she got the Phoenix, love that it was so anticlimatic it will probably never happen again. She works better as Cable Jr.
    Also thats Fongji!!! Which, Bendis BETRAYED me by not bringing her back during his XMen run.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Hope isn't even the best Jean Grey Generic Brand.
    Hope dont qualify as a Jean Grey derivative any more then Wolfsbane or Syrin do.

BANNED

- Red hair
    - Vague messiah eating books in crossovers
    - Iffy connection to Phoenix Force
    - Was literally originally supposed to be Jean
    - Mostly in limbo since return of genuine article
    - No other discernable personality

I don't know, I feel like I've got a case!