Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Jean was never portrayed as a messiah figure until she was killed off for 15 years and her fandom kinda lost the plot and Marvel ran with it tho. And you should go back and read Cable 2008 solo, Cable & XForce and Si Spurrier if you think Hope has no discernible personality. She was almost ruined during Second Coming and AvX I agree with that. But she was one of the best characters of the 2010's in those other books and her relationship to Cable is the best development he's had since his bromance with Deadpool in the early 00s. If being connected to the Phoenix makes her derivative then Wolverine is a Jean clone I guess.

BANNED

I just never liked those books or invested in the premise. I fundamentally did not care about more future war stuff with Cable or him getting a ready-made Kitty/Jubilee/etc, which is all that read as to me. What I read of C&XF I liked but Hope was the least essential piece to me. But I'll give Spurrier's run a shot.

BANNED

I hate Cable solo when it came out because I dont do solo books and Olivetti's art is not my cup of tea. Re read it twice and its probably one of the best books of the post MCX era along with Legacy, writer knew his continuity and how to sprinkle it, great characterization for Cable, Bishop and Hope and the journey was very well done from her infancy to her deciding to come back to the present. it was very stupid that he wasnt offered Generation Hope after Second Coming.

Cable & XForce was the first time I enjoyed Hope. I kept wanting her to take over the teen 05 like Cable did wih the New Mutants and make them a paramilitary squad.

Spurrier XForce is a very fun book but Idk that Id say it will make you appreciate Hope.

This is my contribution to the history of the Phoenix thread
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

bad, admin. very bad.

#GetTheStrap

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #GetTheStrap

This feels like final crisis batman

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Unironically correct. Hope is the best Phoenix host I won’t accept anything less.
    Thats not Hope

I love Hope but she kinda sucked as a Phoenix host. Marvel definitely could and should have done more with that but the Avengers usurped her storyline and stole her big moment
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-18-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not Hope

I love Hope but she kinda sucked as a Phoenix host. Marvel definitely could and should have done more with that but the Avengers usurped her storyline and stole her big moment

LEONARDO DA VINCI: The Phoenix? *chuckles*... You mean the K'un L'un Fried Chickem Wang?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Unironically correct. Hope is the best Phoenix host I won’t accept anything less.
    And yet, aren't you quoting a picture of Fongji?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I just never liked those books or invested in the premise. I fundamentally did not care about more future war stuff with Cable or him getting a ready-made Kitty/Jubilee/etc, which is all that read as to me. What I read of C&XF I liked but Hope was the least essential piece to me. But I'll give Spurrier's run a shot.
    Spurrier’s run is really great. There’s some very odd age stuff in there, but it’s also super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not Hope

For all work they put on work, readers couldn't care less for Hope. A big misfire

Maybe avengers doesn't thought she was a good host