Default Would you be interested in a Priest-written Kaine Parker series?

With the end of Priest's Deathstroke series coming up, and him having returned to Marvel to write Spider-Force (starring Kaine) last year, I was thinking maybe an ongoing Kaine series written by Priest would be neat.

Kaine fits with Priest's skillset. He's a dark anti-hero with a villainous past, and his snark is also dark and very sarcastic which befits Priest's style. Kaine also has a unique power set compared to Peter, having been granted The Other with organic webs, night vision, telepathy with spiders, and stingers that can be weaponized, but no spider-sense. That would be neat to see more, and I think Priest could portray his power set well.

I did like what I read of Kaine in Spider-Force, where he was portrayed as someone who will ruthlessly manipulate people through blackmail to get the job done. Since he's written Kaine in that series, him writing an ongoing for him would make sense, and he could portray him as a three-dimensional ******* that's still interesting to read. I would like it if he returned to NYC, and struggle with being a hero when he'd rather be relaxing, and hanging around Hummingbird. I had an idea for an issue where Kaine ends up fighting a mutant criminal from Krakoa, and severely beats him, giving him the Mark of Kaine in the process. That of course has consequences when the X-Force comes for him...

Anyways, would you be interesting in a Priest-written Kaine series?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Kaine fits with Priest's skillset. He's a dark anti-hero with a villainous past, and his snark is also dark and very sarcastic which befits Priest's style. Kaine also has a unique power set compared to Peter, having been granted The Other with organic webs, night vision, telepathy with spiders, and stingers that can be weaponized, but no spider-sense. That would be neat to see more, and I think Priest could portray his power set well.
    That power set is gone, Kaine lost The Other in Spider-Verse, and as of Spider-Geddon, MC2 Peter is the one who has it, for whatever reason.

My bad.

Still, could it work?

I don't know what's in store for the clone brothers, but I'd be down for Priest writing Spider-Man again in some form .

Incredible Member

A Scarlet Spiders series in general would be nice. Have Ben and Kaine working together. Finally out an end to their animosity and move on from that 1995 drama. Have them grow as characters. If Peter is stuck in a constant status quo, then differentiate both Ben and Kaine in a way that is intetrsting and helps them grow.

What do you guys think of the idea of Kaine getting the wrath of the mutants after he beats up a mutant crook and sends them back to Krakoa with the Mark of Kaine? Sounds like an easy way to get the post-HoX/PoX status quo to affect other parts of the MU.

Mighty Member

I' be down for whatever Priest would write at Marvel. He is one of the most under-estimated mainstream writer.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I would be interested in a Priest-writen PETER Parker series. Spider-Man Versus Wolverine is one of my favorite Spidey's stories.

I've always enjoyed what I've read by Priest, and in general, I'd be interested in just about any comic starring either of our Scarlet Spiders -- though I'd prefer a series featuring Ben and Kaine as equal protagonists at this point, I think.

-Pav, who liked how Priest made Kaine untrustworthy...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I would prefer for Yost to finish his storyline with Aracely, but I guess that is very out of the question at this point.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I would prefer for Yost to finish his storyline with Aracely, but I guess that is very out of the question at this point.
    Same, but if that's not in the cards, I'm fine with Christopher Priest writing a Scarlet Spider(s) series starring both Kaine and Ben.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Perhaps, but Priest would have a high bar as Yost's Scarlet Spider is my third favorite alternate Spider-Man (not Peter or Miles) series (Slott's original Amazing run of Superior Spider-Man and Venom Lethal Protector being my favorites) of all time.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-18-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."