Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Recently watched "The Feminum Mystique" and I'd like to think those Amazons in their baby doll nightgowns are doing more than playing jacks.
    What Tennessee Williams could have done with that...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Batwoman, Harley and Ivy, or perhaps Wonder Woman given that most don't seem to actually know she's bisexual.

Batwoman has the show and Harley/Ivy has spread like wildfire in other communities like Tumblr, cosplay and so forth. Harley getting a show that will highlight them and establish that relationship in other media will certainly help.

Diana only wins if we're being technical because her bisexuality rarely comes up in actual media. It's usually relegated to discussion or reference to something off panel, save a few instances like Bombshells (which has most of its ladies as bisexual or lesbian women, thus someone would be forgiven for not assuming that it informs Diana is actually bi in most-if-not-all incarnations). DC recently broke her up with Steve so they kind of need to put up or shut up with Diana in my mind. For too long they've been congratulating themselves for having such a high profile bisexual character but she's exclusively dated men for 80 years, and no I don't accept a couple word balloons referring to a past female lover who isn't an actual character.

If she doesn't get a female love interest in the next five years she likely never will. I'm not saying bisexual characters need to constantly have partners of both sexes, there's obviously a lot more nuances to writing them, but 80 years is a real stretch to look like they actually respect that part of her character instead of just paying lip service.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-18-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

I would say Batwoman since her show is not on a channel you have to pay extra for.

I don't watch Arrow so aside from that version of Mr Terrific, who else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't watch Arrow so aside from that version of Mr Terrific, who else is there?
    Sara Lance, Nyssa Al Ghul...and Ollie's son.

Batwoman, Anissa Pierce (Thunder) and John Constantine are probably the most well known openly queer characters in outside media for DC. Wonder Woman gets a nod but her sexuality is so rarely materially relevant most people don't really know or think of her as queer.

edit: Sara Lance definitely should definitely get a nod too
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Before it premiered on CW, I would have said Batwoman.

After it, seeing so many people asking the same questions over and over (stuff like, "Is Batwoman gay in the comics?" or "Why did CW shove their SJW stuff and make Batwoman lesbian?"), have lead me to believe otherwise. Which is a shame.

It does move characters like Sarah Lance up a bit though.

Is this about comic book character that are well known in other media? Because Sara Lance only exists in other media. She isn't a character from the comic books. She was created for the Arrow TV show.
    So technically she isn't a comic book character well known in other media. If we are just going by DC characters that only exist on TV, movies or animation but not in the comic books then Alex Danvers is
    probably at least as well known if not better known as Sara Lance.

Wonder Woman
    Batwoman
    Sara Lance
    Thunder and Grace Choi
    Alex Danvers
    John Constantine
    Harley and Ivy
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-19-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Who would you guys say are the most well known LGBTQ DC superheroes outside of comic book fans/in other media?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't watch Arrow so aside from that version of Curtis Holt, who else is there?
    Arrow-verse connected shows.

Curtis Holt (Mr. Terrific
    John Constantine
    Sara Lance (the Canary.
    Alex Danvers (Supergirl's adopted sister (arguably next most prominent character on the show
    Anissa Pierce (Thunder (Daughter of Jefferson Pierce.
    E1- Ray Terrill (The Ray & of Leo Snart (Citizen Cold
    Kate Kane (Batwoman
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-30-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

After it, seeing so many people asking the same questions over and over (stuff like, "Is Batwoman gay in the comics?" or "Why did CW shove their SJW stuff and make Batwoman lesbian?"), have lead me to believe otherwise. Which is a shame.

It does move characters like Sarah Lance up a bit though.
    On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those people confuse Babs (Batgirl) with Kate (Batwoman).
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those people confuse Babs (Batgirl) with Kate (Batwoman).
    I mean, DC did re-use a design for Babs returning to herodom for Kate's design, so...

Oof. Well, it's not like Batwoman's that high-profile of a character, to be honest. The show is definitely her highest profile appearance ever.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Oof. Well, it's not like Batwoman's that high-profile of a character, to be honest. The show is definitely her highest profile appearance ever.
    Yeah as far as recognition or how many eyes on, there is no comparison with comics and TV viewership
    At her height Comic Batwoman had at best abt 50,000
    Even in quick decline TV Batwoman still got over a million viewers.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-29-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Wonder Woman may be implied, don't think outside comics they've ever shown her other than with Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Arrow-verse connected shows.

Curtis Holt (Mr. Terrific
    John Constantine
    Sara Lance (the Canary.
    Alex Danvers (Supergirl's adopted sister (arguably next most prominent character on the show
    Anissa Pierce (Thunder (Daughter of Jefferson Pierce.
    E1- Ray Terrill (The Ray & of Leo Snart (Citizen Cold
    Kate Kane (Batwoman

Braniac & Nia Nal / Dreamer (is transgender)

Renee Montoya in the comics, not sure how she'll be depicted (I assume it will) in Birds of Prey' film.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-30-2019 at 06:54 PM.