Thread: Comics canon

Kmb499

Default Comics canon

Can anyone link me with a site that’s updated with the current canon comics? Thank you!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kmb499 View Post
    Can anyone link me with a site that’s updated with the current canon comics? Thank you!
    Anything published by Marvel is officially canon...and though I don't think they've ever officially been said to be canon there have been several things from the kids Star Wars Adventures comics put out by IDW referenced in the Marvel books and vice versa so I think they count as well.

The Wook is good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Anything published by Marvel is officially canon...and though I don't think they've ever officially been said to be canon there have been several things from the kids Star Wars Adventures comics put out by IDW referenced in the Marvel books and vice versa so I think they count as well.
    New Marvel comics (plus the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir mini Dark Horse did, which Marvel did reprint) and the Star Wars Adventuresstuff (the regular series plus the Destroyer Down two-parter, and Forces of Destiny, Tales From Vader's Castle, and Return to Vader's Castle minis) are canon. Marvel does reprint Legends, stuff, but primarily under the Epic Collections line and clearly labeled as Legends.

Not quite sure if Adventures has been referenced in Marvel, although the inverse is true. Adventures can sometimes be a little wonky with continuity, but the fact that the stories are self-contained enough to slide around as needed and many of them are framed as being retold by second parties, that does give them more then a little wiggle room.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I would also add Line/Yen Press's manga adaptation of Lost Stars in there, based on a canon book.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I would also add Line/Yen Press's manga adaptation of Lost Stars in there, based on a canon book.
    Forgot about those. Guess I saw the original novel as being the de facto account of the story (my understanding is that the comic doesn't add much new and does alter some details).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)