Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's not exactly true. Priest started something with them back in this Black Panther run. I don't consider it token. I look to the RW example of how film stars marry other film stars because they share an understanding of the world they live in, dealing with the press, etc.
    I definitely think fans downplay the similarities the two have (outside being black) to justify not liking the relationship. Storm’s arguably the leading x-lady so there’s some possessiveness at play like there is with all characters. But I liked the relationship for what it was and am ready for T’Challa to have a love interest from his own mythos.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-26-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I definitely think fans downplay the similarities the two have (outside being black) to justify not liking the relationship. Storm’s arguably the leading x-lady so there’s some possessiveness at play like there is with all characters. But I liked the relationship for what it was and am ready for T’Challa to have a love interest from his own mythos.
    I would want Ororo and T'Challa to at least be friends. IIRC their marriage ended on a sour note. I think the whole relationship was handled inconsistently. When they were part of the FF when Reed and Sue were reconciling, the late Dwayne McDuffie wrote that as a happy couple. Other writers started to undermine that.

I admit I am not following Black Panther and I don't know if he has had any other women in his life. Is there anyone now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I would want Ororo and T'Challa to at least be friends. IIRC their marriage ended on a sour note. I think the whole relationship was handled inconsistently. When they were part of the FF when Reed and Sue were reconciling, the late Dwayne McDuffie wrote that as a happy couple. Other writers started to undermine that.

I admit I am not following Black Panther and I don't know if he has had any other women in his life. Is there anyone now?
    Eh, it's complicated right now. He's been dating Storm again since 2017 but in the current arc of his solo he ended up 2,000 years in the future due to a time warp in space. For Earth-616 only a few weeks passed while he was trapped for 5 years in an evil intergalactic empire version of Wakanda (long story). During that time he joined up with some rebels to overthrow the emperor and meets an alternate reality version of Nakia, who in his reality is a dead villain who used to be obsessed with him. Their emotionally drawn to one another over years of fighting together but T'Challa stays faithful to Storm and ends up back in his native reality.

But he brings Nakia and her rebels along to help prevent the evil space Wakanda from destroying Earth, so he's in a love triangle of sorts. But from the looks of it Storm might break up with him because of her commitments to Krakoa and Nakia looks like she might've been a spy the whole time working to take down the rebels. But before the introduction of Nakia in this series T'Challa didn't have any love interests besides Storm since Hudlin's run iirc.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks! I may go back to Marvel Unlimited to catch up but lately I've been cutting back on stuff. Getting too expensive!