Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default In DC, how many examples of villains fighting different heroes are there?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-quot-villains

I pointed out in the Marvel forum that Marvel has many, many examples of heroes fighting villains that aren't normally associated with them due to the interconnected nature of the universe. How often does this happen in DC?

Some examples I know:
    • Gorilla Grodd originally was a Flash villain and becoming a General DCU villain, particularly the Justice League.
    • Vandal Savage and Solomon Grundy were villains to Golden Age Green Lantern before moving to the General DCU.
    • Deathstroke debuted as the archnemesis of the Teen Titans, but has menaced various other Titans teams, Batman, Nightwing on an independent level, and Green Arrow.
    • Clock King moved from Green Arrow to Batman.
    • Black Mask was a minor Batman villain who eventually became the archenemy of Catwoman.
    • Deadshot debuted as a one-off Batman villain, but became better known through the Suicide Squad and Secret Six, though he stills goes against Batman often enough. He's also fought Green Arrow.
    • Cyborg Superman was created in the wake of the Death of Superman event, but eventually migrated over to the Green Lantern mythos.
    • The Calculator was a villain to the Justice League, but moved to the Birds of Prey.
    • The Prankster was a minor Superman villain but the New 52 reboot turned him into a Nightwing villain.
    • Captain Boomerang is a Flash villain, but became better known as part of the Suicide Squad. He also killed Robin (Tim Drake)'s father in Identity Crisis.
    • Joker has had multiple stories where he turned up in Metropolis, Superman's turf.
    • Tobias Whale is a Batman villain when he's not causing trouble for Black Lightning.
    • Darkseid was created to be the big bad of Fourth World, particularly his son Orion. However, he's become a villain to the wide DCU and especially Superman since the '90s.

But honestly, I have a harder time naming such instances compared to Marvel where it feels like I can name like over 50 of them off the top of my head. Anything else of note?
    Last edited by Hybrid; 11-18-2019 at 02:03 PM.