Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is weird. For a long time, I thought swapping around villains was Marvel's shtick.

I'll have to look into this more.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I remember a story where Riddler went up against impulse and Bart thought he was the Question because of all the question marks on his suit. It was hilarious

Speaking of The Question, I was just thinking how interesting it was that Lady Shiva was more of a supporting character in his book rather than a villain.

And also in "Starman," The Shade who started a Flash villain, but was a supporting character there rather than a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Speaking of The Question, I was just thinking how interesting it was that Lady Shiva was more of a supporting character in his book rather than a villain.
    It was before they made her an outright villain. She started out as a Richard Dragon supporting character (Denny O'Neil wrote both of the books).

Extraordinary Member

I think I posted this on another thread, but the 12-issue Justice storyline by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross contained several examples of this:

Aquaman vs Brainiac
    Atom vs Giganta
    Elongated Man vs Clayface

Spectacular Member

Cheetah VS Catwoman in Jeph Loeb's/Tim Sale's "Catwoman: When in Rome" miniseries. "Maybe after I kill you, I'll take the name 'Catwoman'!".

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Here is one of the best.

Silver Banshee went from Superman villain to Supergirl supporting character.

Green Lantern Earth based villains switch galleries as the franchise became exclusivity cosmic. The current Tattooed Man is an anti-hero, Hector Hammond became a Superman villain, Doctor Polaris became a jobber to new heroes.

Major Force was Captain Atom archnemesis until he stuffed Kyle's girlfriend into a fridge. You have him to thank for the trope name.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 11-20-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Retired

Chronos went against the Elongated Man (as did the Riddler), Goldface challenged the Flash, Penguin and Catwoman got mixed up with Lois Lane and Superman, Chronos took on Wonder Woman, Sonar meddled with Ralph and Sue Dibny, Lex Luthor schemed against the World's Mightiest Mortal, Star Sapphire commanded Superman to kiss her boot.

Black Lightning kicking Malcolm Merlyn's butt was fun.

And then Merlyn coming around and beating up the entire Justice League was great too.

Darkseid also spared no effort kicking Firestorm's butt.

Fantastic Member

Lobo used to be a Superman or Justice League villain but is currently fighting the Teen Titans. Lobo is a one of those characters that can be a villain for any hero in the DCU. Also Ra Al Ghul has also recently was used as a Teen Titans villain same with Black Manta.

There was an episode of Batman the animated series where Jonah Hex stopped a plan by Ra's Al Ghul during the civil war.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There was an episode of Batman the animated series where Jonah Hex stopped a plan by Ra's Al Ghul during the civil war.
    A couple decades after the Civil War, yes. "Showdown". As a fun fact, I recall that the original concepts for the episode were for it to be a anthology of different heroes of the past besides Hex having their own encounters with Ra's al Ghul. I'm pretty certain one of the tales was going to feature Enemy Ace, before they switched it into a singular story focused on Jonah Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    This is weird. For a long time, I thought swapping around villains was Marvel's shtick.

I'll have to look into this more.
    The Big 2 have ripped off each other so much at this point that any meaningful differences between the two is honestly very few.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Lobo used to be a Superman or Justice League villain but is currently fighting the Teen Titans. Lobo is a one of those characters that can be a villain for any hero in the DCU. Also Ra Al Ghul has also recently was used as a Teen Titans villain same with Black Manta.
    Yeah it makes sense that villains with Global Plans (Ras Al Ghul, Vandal Savage) should run into multiple heroes.