Default Thanos and Darkseid switch everything

Thanos and Darkseid switch universes, powers, goals and resources, what happens? How good are they at everything the other is known for having done?
    Last edited by Kirika; 11-21-2019 at 06:08 PM.

I dread to think what Pre-Crisis Thanos would have been.

Though best known for his use of the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos has always taken an omnivorous approach to gaining power. His body incorporates advanced cybernetics and he has also at least dabbled in magic. So I suspect that a DCU Thanos would eventually tap into the Speed Force.

Darkseid detached from the DC setting would be odd, as it would effectively sever him from his heritage as a New God. Many, many years ago, I read an excellent fanzine article (in Multiverse #2) that speculated that Jack Kirby's New Gods rose up from the ashes of Jack Kirby's Asgardians after Ragnorak. So maybe a Marvel Darkseid could be a time traveler from a post-Asgardian future. Darkseid doesn't normally get his hands dirty with direct combat, so he would likely conquer some planet and ruthlessly exploit its resources until it resembled an Apokalips, then use his advanced technology to create powerful agents to serve his dark agenda. I don't know if Marvel Darkseid would care about the Anti-Life Equation when it seems like the Marvel Universe lacks the very concept.

Btw, funny footnote about Darkseid: he has a brother named Drax who calls himself Infinity-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Though best known for his use of the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos has always taken an omnivorous approach to gaining power. His body incorporates advanced cybernetics and he has also at least dabbled in magic. So I suspect that a DCU Thanos would eventually tap into the Speed Force.

Darkseid detached from the DC setting would be odd, as it would effectively sever him from his heritage as a New God. Many, many years ago, I read an excellent fanzine article (in Multiverse #2) that speculated that Jack Kirby's New Gods rose up from the ashes of Jack Kirby's Asgardians after Ragnorak. So maybe a Marvel Darkseid could be a time traveler from a post-Asgardian future. Darkseid doesn't normally get his hands dirty with direct combat, so he would likely conquer some planet and ruthlessly exploit its resources until it resembled an Apokalips, then use his advanced technology to create powerful agents to serve his dark agenda. I don't know if Marvel Darkseid would care about the Anti-Life Equation when it seems like the Marvel Universe lacks the very concept.

Btw, funny footnote about Darkseid: he has a brother named Drax who calls himself Infinity-Man.
    Do you think Thanos when have a easier time getting his hands on the Anti-Life Equation and using it? Along with that how hard of time would Superman and the rest of the justice league give him?

Its a lot weirder deal for Darkseid than Thanos, as Darkseid is far more defined by other things in his part of the setting like the planet Apokolips, his parademons, his minions such as Desaad and Granny Goodness, and family like his son Kalibak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Do you think Thanos when have a easier time getting his hands on the Anti-Life Equation and using it? Along with that how hard of time would Superman and the rest of the justice league give him?
    Thanos seems more intelligent than Darkseid, but lacks any connection to the Fourth World, so he might not become aware of the Anti-Life Equation for a very long time. If he gets ahold of the ALE, Thanos has always been adept at wielding powerful artifacts. On the other hand, Thanos might lose his enthusiasm for power after a number of Class 100 blitzes from the League. One more variable to consider is that Death is really pretty in the DCU, so Thanos might be even more obsessed with winning the favor of Death than he was in the 616 zip code.

Fun note: In Ultimates, Thanos there Basically is a Darkseid type, down to everything.

The rest:

Darkseid will have to build up big time given how Marvel is different but could see him as a time displaced Asgardian given New God lore.

Thanos: Is a big time threat as always and will keep being as such. He is nothing to sneeze at but he has more “hunger “ than Darkseid in terms of knowledge and getting plot devices. Also he gets his hands more dirty than Darkseid does for the most part.

I can see Thanos trying to get his hands on the Worlogog which runs him into the New Gods. Could be a good rivalry.

Thanos and Darkseid switch universes, powers, goals and resources, what happens? How good are they at everything the other is known for having done?
    Adding something: There are two versions of the threads scenario now:

Version 1: Darkseid and Thanos are born and raised in the others universe in the same manner the other was, how different are they? What are their goals and affairs?

Version 2: They get transported to the others universe with all their education and experiences intact switching everything else, including their physical/supernatural abilities-- Thanos is still a witch, due to the fact it's knowledge/his memories and knows everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I dread to think what Pre-Crisis Thanos would have been.
    Has anyone in this thread ever thought about how much smarter Thanos is compared Darkseid? Or am I just assuming things? Is there anyone in DC that compares to him? Being that he's seriously beneath Thanos but still worth noting here to me, how many characters in DC can be considered above Doctor Doom is smarts? How many are comparable to Doom?

Has anyone in this thread ever thought about how much smarter Thanos is compared Darkseid? Or am I just assuming things? Is there anyone in DC that compares to him? Being that he's seriously beneath Thanos but still worth noting here to me, how many characters in DC can be considered above Doctor Doom is smarts? How many are comparable to Doom?
    I've thought about it. Darkseid is extremely powerful, but never seemed especially brilliant. He uses godlike technology, but doesn't seem to invent any of it. DC does have a lot of mad scientist and genius types, and the high-end ones might be up around Doom's level. Lex Luthor and Doctor Sivana, for example. Every character named Brainiac is above and beyond Doom's intellect, and probably Thanos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I've thought about it. Darkseid is extremely powerful, but never seemed especially brilliant. He uses godlike technology, but doesn't seem to invent any of it. DC does have a lot of mad scientist and genius types, and the high-end ones might be up around Doom's level. Lex Luthor and Doctor Sivana, for example. Every character named Brainiac is above and beyond Doom's intellect, and probably Thanos too.
    Metron is up there too.

I'm not 100% convinced any version of Brainiac is above Doom or Thanos.