Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I admit I don't know a lot about these two settings, but from what I've seen from various online sources, OPM seems to face a lot more large scale type threats than MHA, which leads me to think that MHA may be the safer world to be in, and thus would be my choice.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I admit I don't know a lot about these two settings, but from what I've seen from various online sources, OPM seems to face a lot more large scale type threats than MHA, which leads me to think that MHA may be the safer world to be in, and thus would be my choice.
    indeed. not to mention MHA heroes are better organized and do offer extensive training if a person wants to be a hero. not so much for the OPM heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    indeed. not to mention MHA heroes are better organized and do offer extensive training if a person wants to be a hero. not so much for the OPM heroes.
    I think that is more of a mixture of three facts.

First, that OPM is set earlier in the social/powers timeline than MHA. MHA has had time to understand who gets powers and why, and has had several generations to work it all out. Superpowered individuals in OPM are much rarer and how they got powers is more of a mystery. OPM's world also comes across as more 'reeling' from the monster attacks, and still trying to organize itself. I have a feeling if they can hold out for another decade or so they will start having actual hero training and all implemented.

The second is how powers occur. In MHA, powers seem to be 100% genetic - while the initial seed is unknown, you can make a guess based on the parents' powers. An individual has a good chance of learning how to use their abilities from their parent. Whether they use them properly or not is dependent on society and how they are raised. OPM powers seem to be more like naturally-occurring Nen-users from Hunter X Hunter - it is all based on obsession and single-minded focus. This goes for both the heroes and the monsters, as the events with Garou show. The result of that is that anything that would help produce more "super" heroes runs the risk of either breaking the person first, creating a monster instead, or both.

The final bit is that OPM heroes are people willing to work as heroes with a minimum level of physical ability. Up until about the B-level, the most most heroes have is a gadget or minor gimmick backed by any personal training they have. Otherwise, they are normal people. This is at least partly because they are desperate for numbers to try and handle everything. MHA has a surplus of people willing to become heroes, and can afford to set the bar higher to get more superlative individuals.

Anyway, with the others in going to the MHA universe. A bit riskier than the real world, and would be living with a handicap (no quirk), but much less likely to get randomly killed by some freak accident than in OPM. At least, as long as I show common sense and clear the area if a powered fight does start occurring in my area.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Actually I'm still going with OPM. I can deal with the monsters if it means I get to live rent free in the ghost sector of Z City. I'll just grab the closest apartment to Saitama and check the news before I go outside.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Actually I'm still going with OPM. I can deal with the monsters if it means I get to live rent free in the ghost sector of Z City. I'll just grab the closest apartment to Saitama and check the news before I go outside.
    Considering the destruction unleashed on the city in the latest arc of the manga, you don't set a very high value on your life there.

Extraordinary Member

The news doesn't exactly report when a monster is just wandering around Z City, becauese of the aforementioned ghost town status. And monsters do tend to wander around that place randomly.

So it's still very possible to run into something that easily kill you at a point when Saitama is bumming it at King's place or is out on patrol or shopping or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The news doesn't exactly report when a monster is just wandering around Z City, becauese of the aforementioned ghost town status. And monsters do tend to wander around that place randomly.

So it's still very possible to run into something that easily kill you at a point when Saitama is bumming it at King's place or is out on patrol or shopping or something.
    In his defense though, that supermarket has some sweet deals.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Man, if my apartment gets trashed, I can just move to another vacant apartment. If there's no news, I'll just set up a camera on my roof/balconey with a fraction of the money I'm saving by living rent free. Hell, maybe I can make a living selling stray monster bits left behind from Saitama's fights. There's gotta be a market for some of that stuff.

It's free real estate
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Man, if my apartment gets trashed, I can just move to another vacant apartment. If there's no news, I'll just set up a camera on my roof/balconey with a fraction of the money I'm saving by living rent free. Hell, maybe I can make a living selling stray monster bits left behind from Saitama's fights. There's gotta be a market for some of that stuff.

It's free real estate
    Or you know, you'll just die when suddenly the massive battles ranging underground causes your building to collapse on you. Like,look at this damage that just got unleashed from a secret battle beneath City Z. You really want to be on top of that? .

There is no way you'll see that coming. Your best bet to avoid dying would be trying to move in with Saitama. And to be fair a forceful enough personality can get him to accept it. Genos might exterminate you though.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 11-23-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Or you know, you'll just die when suddenly the massive battles ranging underground causes your building to collapse on you. Like, look at this damage that just got unleashed from a secret battle beneath City Z. You really want to be on top of that? .

There is no way you'll see that coming. Your best bet to avoid dying would be trying to move in with Saitama. And to be fair a forceful enough personality can get him to accept it. Genos might exterminate you though.
    Please don't link directly to the manga sites. Use postimage or imgur for images.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Man the MHA Universe would make a killing importing heroes to OPM universe. "Cant find hero work in this universe ? Go the OPM Verse, they always need heroes"

If I pick my hero can I be Godzillo?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 11-23-2019 at 04:12 AM.

My hero academia is about to get a lot more dangerous...woukd still choose8t though.

One lunchman you coukd be walking down the street andhave a good chance of being blown up ir just becoming a monster yourself.

Actually, I take it back BitVyper. You're so focused on not paying rent, you'll probably turn into some kind of monster based around property values. And then as long as you don't join the monster association or attack Saitama you'll be good.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I choose OPM and try to blow up Saitama... on Social Media. People need to know about the real powerhouse, if only so that they can alert him about emergencies immediately, and give him a bigger salary.