Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Willoughby Kipling or Ambrose Pierce- they are John Constantine stand-ins created when he was in Vertigo.

hopefully at least some one shots and minis in the DC world, even though an ongoing would be idea.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He was given a shot to do Batman.

Near the end of his Steel run-he was greenlighted a Batman mini series. 5 issues.

He wrote it out and SOMETHING happened and it got cut to ONE issue

It's called Batman The Hill. Where Batman does visit the black community of Gotham. Where black folks DO NOT fear him. He is almost told this to his face. So you can image what else got cut to fit one issue.

How rare is this story? Most store owners do NOT know it exists because they would have ordered it.

It's worth a bin dive and asking Priest about it. Under his old name he did at least one Batman story in one of the Annuals and maybe Detective Comics. I want to say Detective Comics 627. I have to hunt for those books.
    I finally was able to read The Hill, thoroughly enjoyed it, which was to be expect given the writer and subject matter, but do you happen to have a source on this? I'd love to read up on it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Well, aside from Cyborg being an uninteresting character to a lot of folks these days anyway, Priest had already made it known that he wanted to get away from writing characters that he'd been offered to write JUST because they are black characters and he is a black writer. Basically, he didn't want to be stuck in a box and profiled as "the black guy who writes all the black characters." That's how he got on Deathstroke in the first place (which still seems like a consolation prize for DC not being confident enough to give him Batman, IMO),

That's unfortunate if true as i would throw a SALARY at a Priest written Cyborg title. English Words can't convey how much i'd appreciate that title.

Maktub.

As a consolation i'd accept another Priest written Justice League. As it stands i don't buy that title but if Priest wrote it i would.
    Don't complain. Create.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I finally was able to read The Hill, thoroughly enjoyed it, which was to be expect given the writer and subject matter, but do you happen to have a source on this? I'd love to read up on it.
    I met Priest at a comic con and had that book. That is when he told us that the book was green lighted for 5-6 issues and then reduced to 1 issue. He never real specified why.

I am not sure if it was solicited as a mini series. Or even at all because so many store owners let alone fans don't remember it.

I would venture it might have been reduced due to content-since we see actually folks NOT scared of Batman because he rarely comes to the black part of Gotham.

A commentary we saw in an issue of Superman volume 2 179 two years after this book came out. Interesting the writers for that issue was Jeph Loed and some guy named Geoff Johns.