Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He said he doesn't want to be limited to only writing black characters.
    True.
    However, I do think it boils down to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    True.
    However, I do think it boils down to the same thing.
    He was cool with bringing Wallace over into Deathstroke and he seemed to enjoying bringing in Tanya Spears Power Girl as well so I don’t think he objects to writing black characters per say. He’s just opposed to never getting to play with the big guns and being forced to try to make whatever token of the month DC has decided to push “cool”. Like if you told him he could write Batman if he also wrote Cyborg as a side book he’d probably take that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He was cool with bringing Wallace over into Deathstroke and he seemed to enjoying bringing in Tanya Spears Power Girl as well so I don’t think he objects to writing black characters per say. He’s just opposed to never getting to play with the big guns and being forced to try to make whatever token of the month DC has decided to push “cool”. Like if you told him he could write Batman if he also wrote Cyborg as a side book he’d probably take that job.
    Yep, his DS is great.
    What would you like him to write?

Aquaman
    Batman and the Outsiders
    Orion

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Yep, his DS is great.
    What would you like him to write?
    Already said Aquaman. Besides Arthur, Priest loves his morally ambiguous superheroes, so Red Hood, Suicide Squad, or The Outsiders feel like natural fits. Besides them I liked how he wrote Superman and Kenan so I wouldn’t mind him on Action or Superman. Of course his number 1 book is Batman, so maybe put him on Tec after Tomasi is done.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Batman.

I think he's a top of the line writer who deserves the best.

No B-teamers, that need to be build up, no team books out side the JLA. Put him on the most prestigious thing you can think of.

So Batman or Superman imho, he deserves the same press and praise that they gave to bendis, if not more.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Batman.

No B-teamers, that need to be build up, no team books out side the JLA. Put him on the most prestigious thing you can think of.

So Batman or Superman imho, he deserves the same press and praise that they gave to bendis, if not more.
    he deserves it more than bendis, deathstroke is so soo good. a priest batman book would be amazing. his damien was great

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    According to someone in the Deathstroke thread, he also pitched a Power Girls miniseries starring Karen and Tanya.

Fantastic Member

Teen Titans will be getting a new co writer and artist so Priest will not he heading to that book. But him bringing back Power Girl would be a interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    There seems to be a lack of interest in Cyborg from Priest himself, too. He mentioned that DC offered him Cyborg but he wasn't interested in writing that character.
    Well, aside from Cyborg being an uninteresting character to a lot of folks these days anyway, Priest had already made it known that he wanted to get away from writing characters that he'd been offered to write JUST because they are black characters and he is a black writer. Basically, he didn't want to be stuck in a box and profiled as "the black guy who writes all the black characters." That's how he got on Deathstroke in the first place (which still seems like a consolation prize for DC not being confident enough to give him Batman, IMO),
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 11-20-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Teen Titans will be getting a new co writer and artist so Priest will not he heading to that book. But him bringing back Power Girl would be a interesting read.
    Who? I have actually enjoyed the Adam Glass writing on Teen Titans, unlike many people.

It's the ART on Teen Titans that bothers me. It's gotten worse over Glass's run, too; Bernard Chiang has started over exaggerating Kid Flash's nose and lips to the point where now, you almost have to wonder whether that's his slick way of making a personal statement, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Who? I have actually enjoyed the Adam Glass writing on Teen Titans, unlike many people.

It's the ART on Teen Titans that bothers me. It's gotten worse over Glass's run, too; Bernard Chiang has started over exaggerating Kid Flash's nose and lips to the point where now, you almost have to wonder whether that's his slick way of making a personal statement, if you know what I mean.
    Robbie Reynolds will be co-writing (I think that’s his name). He’s done Marvel work apparently.

Fantastic Member

The new artist starting in February for Teen Titans is Eduardo Pansica. He currently does the art for the current Supergirl books and I liked what I saw. Robie Reynolds has also done a rather good Venom Space Knight run. He is not a huge name in comics but puts out great work.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 11-20-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Batman.

He was given a shot to do Batman.

Near the end of his Steel run-he was greenlighted a Batman mini series. 5 issues.

He wrote it out and SOMETHING happened and it got cut to ONE issue.

It's called Batman The Hill. Where Batman does visit the black community of Gotham. Where black folks DO NOT fear him. He is almost told this to his face. So you can image what else got cut to fit one issue.

How rare is this story? Most store owners do NOT know it exists because they would have ordered it.

It's worth a bin dive and asking Priest about it. Under his old name he did at least one Batman story in one of the Annuals and maybe Detective Comics. I want to say Detective Comics 627. I have to hunt for those books.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Priest is a got damn star. I do think he's underrated, and kind of underappreciated. He should be on the biggest IPs DC has, imo.

Going off the assumption that 5G is real, then I'd love, love, LOVE to see him get another shot at either Justice League, or get a shot at Batman/Superman.

The way Priest's writes is so distinctive and sharp. His stories tend to modernize all the fantastic elements of comics while making them feel so tangible and real. I'd love to see him get the opportunity to shape a new Justice League or a new Batman and Superman. Either would be a must-buy every single time.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.