Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think priest would be a good fit for a Dr Midnite run. Dr Midnite's a tough one because he's not a combat hero. You need someone who can do slick plotting to pull of that kind of thing.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Awesome!!! I LOVE Eduardo Pansica's art! I think he is one of the most underrated artists in the business, and his Supergirl art has been beautiful. That would be a HUGE improvement over the current Teen Titans art from Bernard Chiang.

Not familiar with him, but I will stick around and check him out.

I actually have really enjoyed Adam Glass's Teen Titans run. I think his writing and stories have been great, and don't see why everybody has been bashing his Teen Titans. It's been one of my favorite DC books post-Rebirth. Like I said, the thing I have not liked about it is the art, not the writing. I can make myself tolerate iffy art if the stories are good and well-written.
    Huh, *Bernard Chang* art has been fucking aces.

And I'd be hesitant to say that DC will continue to work with Priest after that PR disaster of his Vampirella interviews

Give him Detective and Justice League please. Tomasi's spent and a Venditti JL sounds just a little bit more interesting than Hitch's was.

I'd offer Priest the flagship Batman book and ask him to write a Vixen solo series on the side. I'd like to see him do for Vixen what he did for Black Panther.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Many years ago, when I was working for Marvel Age Magazine, I interviewed Priest (then Jim Owsley) about an Angel limited series he had written (which, for some reason, never came out). During the interview, we spoke about Batman. He believed that Batman was insane. If that is still his view, I'll bet it would alienate editorial and many fans. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind seeing his take on the character.
    I am not surprised at all to find that out, he’s been pretty critical of Bruce using kids over in Deathstroke. Really want to know what his take on Superman is, just from a “what’s his perspective” standpoint. But I also wouldn’t mind seeing a Black Label book from him.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'd offer Priest the flagship Batman book and ask him to write a Vixen solo series on the side. I'd like to see him do for Vixen what he did for Black Panther.
    I think he totally deserves one of the flagship books. I loved the Deathstroke vs Batman storyline. Would be cool to see him take over Batman or Detective Comics.

Priest writing Vixen would be awesome! At least a mini series.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Huh, *Bernard Chang* art has been fucking aces.

And I'd be hesitant to say that DC will continue to work with Priest after that PR disaster of his Vampirella interviews
    What happened? What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What happened? What did he say?
    I can't be bothered to google up exact quotes, but it was some mostly typical whiney sexist garbage about the whole MeToo moment. The I'm-afraid-to-even-talk-to-a-woman-without-getting-a-release-form stuff. And also something about "some women find me creepy, but that's just because they've been brainwashed by feminism" (paraphrased, but pretty close, I think). If i were an employer, that last bit would make me hesitant about putting him on payroll in a situation where he's interacting with my other employees.

“To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

BANNED

Since he likes the character so much I hope he will write a Damien Wayne title.

it's over guys, the day we all knew would come, Priest is officially done with Deathstroke. As it stands there has still been no announcement for his next project at DC (because DC is actually idiots) but the top picks from fans so far have been Detective Comics, Batman, Nightwing, and Outsiders. Personally, I'd still be more interested in seeing him take a substantial shot at the Justice League especially if this 5G thing goes down. I was thinking about it and, while I have come around on the idea of a Luke Fox Batman, it just occurred to me it would look pretty disrespectful(?) for DC to finally giving him Batman extensively after they swapped in the black guy to take up the cowl.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-04-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Jackson Hyde or Wallace West.

The Atom

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I can't be bothered to google up exact quotes, but it was some mostly typical whiney sexist garbage about the whole MeToo moment. The I'm-afraid-to-even-talk-to-a-woman-without-getting-a-release-form stuff. And also something about "some women find me creepy, but that's just because they've been brainwashed by feminism" (paraphrased, but pretty close, I think). If i were an employer, that last bit would make me hesitant about putting him on payroll in a situation where he's interacting with my other employees.
    Why, I willing to bet the farm at least 90% of current male comic writers feel the same way. ...Bruh, they write comics for a living!! Not too many socially adjusted fellas in this lot, lol. Btw, just to answer the op question. I say that they give him Cyborg in the hope he's evolved from thinking writing black characters are bad.
    Last edited by dkrook; 12-05-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Give him DETECTIVE COMICS, or BATMAN.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Jackson Hyde or Wallace West.

The Atom
    Him on a Aqualad title would be very good for the character.