Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He was given a shot to do Batman.

Near the end of his Steel run-he was greenlighted a Batman mini series. 5 issues.

He wrote it out and SOMETHING happened and it got cut to ONE issue.

It's called Batman The Hill. Where Batman does visit the black community of Gotham. Where black folks DO NOT fear him. He is almost told this to his face. So you can image what else got cut to fit one issue.

How rare is this story? Most store owners do NOT know it exists because they would have ordered it.

It's worth a bin dive and asking Priest about it. Under his old name he did at least one Batman story in one of the Annuals and maybe Detective Comics. I want to say Detective Comics 627. I have to hunt for those books.
    Hah! I’m not surprised that got cut. Priest has said his take on Batman and Superman would probably alienate the editorial at DC as well as the traditional fan so I’m not surprised this is a story he wrote for Batman. Really want him to do a Black Label Batman book.

Priest's Batman/Xerø was canceled before it was even published. He was later able to reuse part of the script (which was posted on his website) in an issue of Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Oh priest on Midnighter. That sounds excellent.
    Thanks, I thought it would be an interesting idea for Priest to handle Midnighter after his Deathstroke run.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    The new artist starting in February for Teen Titans is Eduardo Pansica. He currently does the art for the current Supergirl books and I liked what I saw.
    Awesome!!! I LOVE Eduardo Pansica's art! I think he is one of the most underrated artists in the business, and his Supergirl art has been beautiful. That would be a HUGE improvement over the current Teen Titans art from Bernard Chiang.

Robie Reynolds has also done a rather good Venom Space Knight run. He is not a huge name in comics but puts out great work.
    Not familiar with him, but I will stick around and check him out.

I actually have really enjoyed Adam Glass's Teen Titans run. I think his writing and stories have been great, and don't see why everybody has been bashing his Teen Titans. It's been one of my favorite DC books post-Rebirth. Like I said, the thing I have not liked about it is the art, not the writing. I can make myself tolerate iffy art if the stories are good and well-written.

I'm interested to see him write Batman. Red Hood is a good fit for him too.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Awesome!!! I LOVE Eduardo Pansica's art! I think he is one of the most underrated artists in the business, and his Supergirl art has been beautiful. That would be a HUGE improvement over the current Teen Titans art from Bernard Chiang.

I actually have really enjoyed Adam Glass's Teen Titans run. I think his writing and stories have been great, and don't see why everybody has been bashing his Teen Titans. It's been one of my favorite DC books post-Rebirth. Like I said, the thing I have not liked about it is the art, not the writing. I can make myself tolerate iffy art if the stories are good and well-written.
    At the start of run I saw people hating on this run but now I mostly see people recommending it.

Astonishing Member

The biggest problem with Glass's run is that the cast is mostly unlikable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    That's fine if you don't think they are likable I happen to like the cast. Also, I am not of the opinion that you have to love or even like the characters you are following. Which is ironic because your saying this on a post about a man who wrote Deathstroke for more than 50 issues.

Astonishing Member

That's fine if you don't think they are likable I happen to like the cast. Also, I am not of the opinion that you have to love or even like the characters you are following. Which is ironic because your saying this on a post about a man who wrote Deathstroke for more than 50 issues.
    Deathstroke is unlikable. Priest's run was great because he never pretended that Slade was a misunderstood antihero or tried to justify his crimes(unlike Wolfman).

I LOVE the cast. Roundhouse and Crush have been my favorites throughout the entire run.

Deathstroke is unlikable. Priest's run was great because he never pretended that Slade was a misunderstood antihero or tried to justify his crimes(unlike Wolfman).
    Agreed. Deathstroke is a piece of you-know-what, and Priest doesn't try to hide it. That's a large part of what makes Priest's Deathstroke run so great and so definitive.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I guess some fans don't like seeing heroes challenged or err. I see complaints about Robin being regressed which is 100% unture. He's making a mistake yes but that's not regression that's just making the wrong choice in desperation.

I don't mind characters making mistakes so long as it's well written and they grow from it.

TT is one of the most entertaining titles at the moment

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

They are not the nicest but they are interesting to read and I enjoy reading them. I can't think of any title with a cast that has me more interested. I'm intrigued and I look forward to each title. I haven't been this excited since Tomasi's 1st Supersons series.

I like Glass' cast, but the villain has been lacking. The Other reminds me of Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah! I’m not surprised that got cut. Priest has said his take on Batman and Superman would probably alienate the editorial at DC as well as the traditional fan so I’m not surprised this is a story he wrote for Batman. Really want him to do a Black Label Batman book.
    Many years ago, when I was working for Marvel Age Magazine, I interviewed Priest (then Jim Owsley) about an Angel limited series he had written (which, for some reason, never came out). During the interview, we spoke about Batman. He believed that Batman was insane. If that is still his view, I'll bet it would alienate editorial and many fans. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind seeing his take on the character.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.