Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men: TAS vs. The Sinister Six (Into the Spider-Verse)

X-Men (1992 TAS versions)
    - Cyclops
    - Wolverine
    - Beast
    - Storm
    - Jean (no TP)
    - Gambit
    - Rogue
    - Jubilee

The Sinister Six:
    - Kingpin
    - Green Goblin
    - Prowler
    - Tombstone
    - Scorpion
    - Doctor Octopus (Olivia Octavius)

Who wins? Only feats from their respective show/film count. While the X-Men have the numbers advantage, I'd like to point out that the Spider-Gang had to team up 3 vs. 1 against both Scorpion and Doc Ock, implying their toughness.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-19-2019 at 10:35 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Not sure why you stipulated no Telepathy for Jean. The only thing she'd accomplish with it would be taking herself out of the fight.

[Jean] I'm trying, but...his mind...SCOTT! *collapses*

[Cyclops] JEAN!

[Wolverine] rrrRRRAAAGGHHH!!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not sure why you stipulated no Telepathy for Jean. The only thing she'd accomplish with it would be taking herself out of the fight.

[Jean] I'm trying, but...his mind...SCOTT! *collapses*

[Cyclops] JEAN!

[Wolverine] rrrRRRAAAGGHHH!!
    *telepathically sees psychadelic swirls of random color and patterns in the background*

"UHHNN! Too much... award-winning... animation!" *faints*

Nice.

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and the six's minds explode from the sheer awesomeness of the theme.

I don't remember that animated series well enough to recall specific feats, and I only saw Into the Spider-verse once so I'm a bit sketchy there. So I'm just going to offer some general observations.

X-Men: Most of the ranged attackers in this fight are X-Men, and Storm can do big area-of-effect attacks. Dr. Octopus in particular would be an easy target for lightning. Even with just telekinesis, Jean could be a threat, because it's such a versatile power. On the other hand, nearly all of the X-Men are glass cannons.

Sinister Six: If this fight gets to close range, the Sinister Six have a definite strength advantage in close combat. They are also physically tougher for the most part.

Rogue might be the physically strongest combatant in this fight, especially if she drains at least one of the six. Wolverine could also maybe take out at least one opponent. If Jean can handle the weight, she could potentially remove an opponent without ranged attacks (like Tombstone) from the fight by holding them aloft with telekinesis. But overall, I would put my money on the more powerful Sinister Six.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    *telepathically sees psychadelic swirls of random color and patterns in the background*

"UHHNN! Too much... award-winning... animation!" *faints*
    LOL! "Uuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhh! Scott...that dime is just....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Too heavy...my mind...can't move it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ok Jean, but now you're evil."

"Oh, I'm evil? Now I can tear the entire universe apart with my thoughts, no problem."

And no, I'm not just talking about when she was Dark Phoenix. This happened a couple times to regular Jean Grey in the series!

This is most of the dialogue that I remember from that series:

"SCOTT!!!"

"JEAN!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    This is most of the dialogue that I remember from that series:

"SCOTT!!!"

"JEAN!!!"

"rrrRRRAAAAAGGGHHH!!!"
    Fixed it for you. ^_^ Just needed that small tweak.
    Why are we here?

I think the Sinister Six have the X-men slightly beat out in speed and reflexes, but none of them can actually hurt Rogue; she went toe-to-toe in a fist fight with Gladiator for a good long while as huge structures were crumbling around them from their blows, and none of the Six have strength to match up to that level of durability.

Sooner or later, she'll grab ahold of them and drain them dry.
    Last edited by Sophicles; 11-20-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    I think the Sinister Six have the X-men slightly beat out in speed and reflexes, but none of them can actually hurt Rogue; she went toe-to-toe in a fist fight with Gladiator for a good long while as huge structures were crumbling around them from their blows, and none of the Six have strength to match up to that level of durability.

Sooner or later, she'll grab ahold of them and drain them dry.
    draining them dry is perfectly within her capacity to do. but she should not be able to do that to the guy that no sold juggernaut hits. i loved the cartoon but the power scaling was out of control at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Cartoon Rogue doesn't have any other feats on that level, so we toss it out as an outlier. That whole scene was swiped directly from X-Men #137, except that it was Colossus fighting Gladiator. And even that fight was PIS, because John Byrne was amused by the idea of a fight between two different Men of Steel. In both fights, Gladiator should have quickly won with a Class 100 blitz.

Even so, Rogue is going to put up a serious fight against the Sinister Six.

Some feats for Storm (and some long monologing):

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    draining them dry is perfectly within her capacity to do. but she should not be able to do that to the guy that no sold juggernaut hits. i loved the cartoon but the power scaling was out of control at times.
    looking at the scene in question, rogue was not going toe to toe with glads. she knocked him back but did absolutely no damage to him. in fact, it looked like glads was just playing around with her.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    looking at the scene in question, rogue was not going toe to toe with glads. she knocked him back but did absolutely no damage to him. in fact, it looked like glads was just playing around with her.
    I just tried to search for it, but got auto-corrected to "rogue bs gladiator."