Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    No one's putting anyone against anyone but storm objectively better than Captain Marvel
    It isn't. Simply isn't. I see lot of comments on this forum mocking captain marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I like both equally. Doesn't make sense pit one woman against another when they are from different franchises.

Pretty crazy this behavior here
    We were talking main heroine. I'd rather have Storm be pushed as the leading lady than Carol. Since it looks like each franchise can only have one leading lady at a time lol

Plus Carol is ugh

BANNED

It isn't. Simply isn't. I see lot of comments on this forum mocking captain marvel.
    Because she’s a fascist joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We were talking main heroine. I'd rather have Storm be pushed as the leading lady than Carol. Since it looka like each franchise can only have one leading lady at a time lol

Plus Carol is ugh
    I don't think Carol is any ugh. and obviously there is many reasons why she is marvel leading lady, but it doesn't make less of Storm as X-men lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Because she’s a fascist joke.
    She isn't. Bendis can't write powerful women like Carol or Wanda

I don't think Carol is any ugh. and obviously there is many reasons why she is marvel leading lady, but it doesn't make less of Storm as X-men lead.

I used to kind of like Carol before the Captain Marvel thing and Civil War II. But she's always been a bit like she was in Civil War II. Look at her Civil War and Mighty Avengers times.

And she's been pushed because she's an easy one to push.

BANNED

She isn't. Bendis can't write powerful women like Carol or Wanda
    She was a fascist as written by others too.

She was a fascist as written by others too.
    It's the same event done with Bendis as head writer. so this still on him.

I used to kind of like Carol before the Captain Marvel thing and Civil War II. But she's always been a bit like she was in Civil War II. Look at her Civil War and Mighty Avengers times.

And she's been pushed because she's an easy one to push.
    There isn't nothing easy to push on her. too many haters since day one

BANNED

Wrong. Civil War.

Wrong. Civil War.
    What she did to Julia Carpenter was baaaad. And quite in line to what she would do later in Civil War II.

There isn't nothing easy to push on her. too many haters since day one
    I mean, she's white, she's blonde, she's hot and she's got all the girl power in the world. Plus connections to stuff like Krees that has already been developed in the MCU. It's really the easy pick for leading lady.
    Last edited by Veitha; 11-19-2019 at 04:15 PM.

I mean, she's white, she's blonde, she's hot and she's got all the girl power in the world. Plus connections to stuff like Krees that has already been developed in the MU. It's really the easy pick for leading lady.
    I can say the same for some x-men and then people would call me hater
    Still this i swhat the character deserves after that awful avengers disaster and she climbed Marvel ladder on her own. better than many chaarcters ou tthere

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm personally here for Ryan Benjamin's cover. That is some very sick art (in the good sense).

As for the brewing argument here, I'll throw in my two cents and be on my way. First, Wanda is pretty much persona non grata in these boards because of House of M and its impact on the X-Men and mutants as a whole, and while we could argue that was Bendis's fault for using her as a vehicle to enact Joe Quesada's agenda of paring down mutant numbers because he felt it wasn't realistic for there to be so many mutants and the in-universe society hadn't significantly changed from real life as a result, the deed was done, and a lot of the attempts by the wider Marvel office to rehabilitate her have arguably come at the expense of minimizing the horror of what she did, so negative feelings toward her are still prevalent here. Second, while it was Bendis's idea and choice to write Carol as a fascist hellbent on locking people up for crimes they hadn't committed yet in Civil War II, it was sadly not unprecedented, given her actions in the original Civil War. In that, she not only sided with Iron Man and his own increasingly fascistic tendencies and actions in the name of the pro-registration side, but also beat a woman, even if a superpowered woman like Julia Carpenter, in front of her young daughter (probably scarring her for life) after finding out she had been working against the SHRA and threatening to have them separated for good. In both Wanda's and Carol's cases, there has been an unwillingness on certain levels by Marvel to fully reckon with those actions and the harm caused by them, though I'll ask in the interest of fairness that if Carol is to be considered beyond redemption for her actions in the Civil Wars, along with Wanda for House of M, then how is it that people have been more-or-less willing to let bygones be bygones where Iron Man is concerned, despite his own litany of heinous misdeeds in Civil War alone, let alone before or after that event? What's the deal with that?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Do you have a link???

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    No one's putting anyone against anyone but storm objectively better than Captain Marvel
    exactly. most of the xmen female characters are. lol

for the record if there can be multiple male leads the same should be true for marvel.

if I would have to guess there would be three (based upon fearless):
    avengers: captain marvel
    f4: invisible woman
    xmen: storm
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-19-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

The fact that Method Man is involved makes this a necessary read.