Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Method Man??
    GrindrStone(D)

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

As a mark indicative of how casual I am with this, I only know Method Man for being one of the singers of the "Monstar's Song/Hit 'Em High" from "Space Jam" all those years ago.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love that ororo is marvel premiere x lady. I'm here for this.
    This cover sucks. All the white characters are literally depicted as being titanic figures of epic scope. All the black characters look like henchmen sidekicks. Captain America looks like a frat beast who just slipped some Spanish fly into some young lady's untended drink.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She was a fascist as written by others too.
    Carol is currently a fascist joke thanks to a really thorough character assassination called Civil War II. But she was a mainstay of the X-comics for years and deserves to be mourned, not snarked at. Don't think it can't happen to one of your girls.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

It's the Method Man for short Marvel's best
    Moving on your left, ah!
    And set it off, get it off, let it off like a gat
    I wanna break full, anthologies hold me back
    Small change, cuz David Walker back in the game
    X-Fans, wanna take Carol out the frame
    Like MCP, this book won't live forever
    Franchises crossing over, maybe this'll sell better
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Barring the Carol diss, I toast your word-smithing. Am really curious about the one-shot tales on these "Voices."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Carol is currently a fascist joke thanks to a really thorough character assassination called Civil War II. But she was a mainstay of the X-comics for years and deserves to be mourned, not snarked at. Don't think it can't happen to one of your girls.
    I would agree with that to an extent. Just look at what happened to Emma Frost two years ago in Inhumans Vs. X-Men. However, good writers who understood and respected her as a character were eventually able to set things (mostly) right with her. Mainstream comics are kind of cyclical like that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's the Method Man for short Marvel's best
    Moving on your left, ah!
    And set it off, get it off, let it off like a gat
    I wanna break full, anthologies hold me back
    Small change, cuz David Walker back in the game
    X-Fans, wanna take Carol out the frame
    Like MCP, this book won't live forever
    Franchises crossing over, maybe this'll sell better
    I mean 'How High' waaaaaas a good movie... pretty good.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Barring the Carol diss, I toast your word-smithing. Am really curious about the one-shot tales on these "Voices."
    Nothing wrong with a little Carol bashing here and there

Those bars only diss anthology comics!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm personally here for Ryan Benjamin's cover. That is some very sick art (in the good sense).

As for the brewing argument here, I'll throw in my two cents and be on my way. First, Wanda is pretty much persona non grata in these boards because of House of M and its impact on the X-Men and mutants as a whole, and while we could argue that was Bendis's fault for using her as a vehicle to enact Joe Quesada's agenda of paring down mutant numbers because he felt it wasn't realistic for there to be so many mutants and the in-universe society hadn't significantly changed from real life as a result, the deed was done, and a lot of the attempts by the wider Marvel office to rehabilitate her have arguably come at the expense of minimizing the horror of what she did, so negative feelings toward her are still prevalent here. Second, while it was Bendis's idea and choice to write Carol as a fascist hellbent on locking people up for crimes they hadn't committed yet in Civil War II, it was sadly not unprecedented, given her actions in the original Civil War. In that, she not only sided with Iron Man and his own increasingly fascistic tendencies and actions in the name of the pro-registration side, but also beat a woman, even if a superpowered woman like Julia Carpenter, in front of her young daughter (probably scarring her for life) after finding out she had been working against the SHRA and threatening to have them separated for good. In both Wanda's and Carol's cases, there has been an unwillingness on certain levels by Marvel to fully reckon with those actions and the harm caused by them, though I'll ask in the interest of fairness that if Carol is to be considered beyond redemption for her actions in the Civil Wars, along with Wanda for House of M, then how is it that people have been more-or-less willing to let bygones be bygones where Iron Man is concerned, despite his own litany of heinous misdeeds in Civil War alone, let alone before or after that event? What's the deal with that?
    Taking a stab at Iron Man, I think it's a case of Tony regularly getting his comeuppance whenever he does something malicious or stupid that never happened with Carol or Wanda. Whether it's Thor coming back and casually beating his ass, the Skrulls making him look like an idiot along with enabling Osborn to overtake SHIELD, Osborn making him Public Enemy #1 thus forcing Tony to wipe his mind after being chased nonstop, he and Cap stupidly dying in Secret Wars while the world was going to **** around them, or getting put into a coma by Carol in Civil War II after the Superior Iron Man stuff, Tony tends to have to pay the piper for his bullshit that neither Carol or Wanda have had to(though I guess you could count Rogue killing Wanda in Uncanny Avengers a small measure payback/comeuppance).

Why has this turned into a Carol bashing thread? Anyway, I thought they'd redeemed the character at this point - thank you Kelly Thompson!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I hope this is good....

Not to be that guy... but looking at the cover you would think readers will get a story of a bunch of characters who may or may not be around each other that often are getting together to faces some threat.

Reading the description you find out that book has like 12 or 13 Writers and about the same number of Artist on it, and its an Anthology meant to stork ego's./ Ergo its got fail written all over it.

Most fans/buyers are not going to be interested in a bunch of pointless stories that probably wont matter after the book is printed. Let alone a book designed to stroke the ego's of a bunch of -B to C tier writers.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Not to be that guy... but looking at the cover you would think readers will get a story of a bunch of characters who may or may not be around each other that often are getting together to faces some threat.

Reading the description you find out that book has like 12 or 13 Writers and about the same number of Artist on it, and its an Anthology meant to stork ego's./ Ergo its got fail written all over it.

Most fans/buyers are not going to be interested in a bunch of pointless stories that probably wont matter after the book is printed. Let alone a book designed to stroke the ego's of a bunch of -B to C tier writers.
    Oooooh you make a great point Sir.

I agree with this guy. How do we know these stories will have these characters on the cover in them.....

A few friends of mine told me the work of these writers and honestly I’ve not read any of their work. I hope they can deliver because this seem like a cash grab....