Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I love how MJ gets a serious Superhero intro in the recap .

"The news was right! Doctor Octopus is back!" Well, yeah, just not in this instance...the better question is if Peter knows.

MJ in that skirt .

They should probably get out of there before the police show up .

I like how in that second-to-last page from the preview has MJ in a costume among those villains lol.

Also her aside glance to the viewer:

Wonder if she learned that from Peter .

Oh well, it's looking cool, wonder how they'll overcome this particular obstacle, and keeping it interesting while they're at it.

Also, I wonder if Peter will hear about Mysterio being there, or at least hear about those villains "being there" and call MJ later.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "The news was right! Doctor Octopus is back!" Well, yeah, just not in this instance...the better question is if Peter knows.
    He probably does, he was keeping some track of Otto if his checking out on Otto after War of the Realms is any hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I like how in that second-to-last page from the preview has MJ in a costume among those villains lol.
    I also like that Mysterio goes for the OG!Sinister Six. Like the good old days .

Although it is kind of funny seeing MJ lumped with all those Supervillains. I guess it's a nod to the film, but might also be a sign that MJ needs to be careful how much she associates herself with Mysterio and what she's doing...
    Also, I wonder if Peter will hear about Mysterio being there, or at least hear about those villains "being there" and call MJ later.
    I guess they better hope the police don't start investigating Mysterio's random appearance.

Nice preview! I'm loving the recap page as well. Nice to see MJ with her very own intro!

... We'll see how far this goes.. I guess MJ doesn't know the depth of evil-osity that Beck is responsible for.
    And I'm still thrown on the resurrection angle after the Guardian Devil arc.. but whatever. comics..

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... We'll see how far this goes.. I guess MJ doesn't know the depth of evil-osity that Beck is responsible for.
    And I'm still thrown on the resurrection angle after the Guardian Devil arc.. but whatever. comics..
    The "resurrection by demonic forces" explanation is the only one that makes sense after he killed himself at the end of Guardian Devil, came back kind of undead in Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man during Civil War, and then was good as new and brushing that off as "master of illusion, duh!" in Brand New Day. And while it's probably nobody's favorite, PAD did confirm in Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #14 that Beck really was dead and in hell, given what he did in Guardian Devil.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The "resurrection by demonic forces" explanation is the only one that makes sense after he killed himself at the end of Guardian Devil, came back kind of undead in Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man during Civil War, and then was good as new and brushing that off as "master of illusion, duh!" in Brand New Day. And while it's probably nobody's favorite, PAD did confirm in Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #14 that Beck really was dead and in hell, given what he did in Guardian Devil.
    And it can't even be argued that it's Peter David just following his own stuff while other writers ignore it, since not only is Spencer using it, he's also using what Beck briefly mentioned, that someone else resurrected him, so unless it gets retconned, yeah, Beck really died, went to hell, and got resurrected by a demon.

mj looking too good in that preview I need her to have some protection though from Mysterio
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I had a chance to read this issue today finally and I can't say that I'm not a little disappointed. After last issue had a lot of setup I was hoping the second would capitalize on all that and get to the meat of the story. However, it looks like the meat is going to be saved for issue 3 and on. I think Leah Williams could have come up with something a little more interesting than spending a whole issue with Mary Jane and Mysterio going around town searching for spoilers:
    budget money.
    end of spoilers

The book continues to be gorgeous to look at in the art and colors though. And don't get me wrong, I do enjoy some of the interactions and Mysterio's crazy personality, but the premise of the issue was overall weak.

Fortunately it looks like we will be getting some action next issue going on the cliffhanger so hopefully the second issue is the low point of the mini and the rest from here on out is better.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-20-2019 at 10:06 PM.

I am a diehard to the core MJ fan.

Team MJ til the end.

However this issue was absolute trash. That’s coming from someone who actually enjoyed the first issue. I’m not sure why they chose this route with MJ because there was so much more that could have been done with her. I mean we pretty much spent an entire issue with MJ looking for money. The humor fell completely flat as well. As painful as it is for me not to collect something with MJ this book is close to getting dropped after this. It’s just a very bland concept being used right now for this story. MJ deserves so much more then the treatment she got in this issue.

Amazing Mysterio, with the guest star Mary Jane.

So, can we now admit that it wasn't a good idea to separate her story from Peter's?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    So, can we now admit that it wasn't a good idea to separate her story from Peter's?
    I’m praying you didn’t subject your eyes to the pain of reading this.....