Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Default Krakoan Language.

So i'm wondering what does it sound like. BTW i'm talking about the mutant language the X-men use, and not the actual language that the island uses to communicate. I wonder what it sounds like, does the language have words that may have a different meaning in other languages? Does the language have some words or symbols that have connections to other forms of language in other parts of the universe. I would like to hear how Shiar sounds in krakoan? I also wonder how it sounds to others that hear it but don't speak it?

Ever listened to a Playboi Carti verse? That's it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Dead x.x

Btw, I'm confused about Krakoan. There's two Krakoan languages right? The one that all mutants can talk and that's just gibberish as Magneto said (I guess you can't talk it but you can understand it?) and there's the one that only Doug and Krakoa itself understand?

Astonishing Member

A cross between Old Aramaic and R'lyehian the spoken word of globs father Yog-Sothoth

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have not, but now my interest in what type of music can be developed from Krakoan language.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I have not, but now my interest in what type of music can be developed from Krakoan language.
    Rockslide and Anole are going to develop Krakoan Trap. It's going to be another nice Krakoan export.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Dead x.x

Btw, I'm confused about Krakoan. There's two Krakoan languages right? The one that all mutants can talk and that's just gibberish as Magneto said (I guess you can't talk it but you can understand it?) and there's the one that only Doug and Krakoa itself understand?
    I'm not sure, but i think that the language being spoken by mutants is a form of language developed by mutants, while Krakoa has it's own form of communication that seems to be something only understood by Doug at the moment. Now i wonder could Krakoa use the environment to form symbols to convey messages to mutants on the Island? For Instance Krakoa using the environment to convey a message to the inhabitants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A cross between Old Aramaic and R'lyehian the spoken word of globs father Yog-Sothoth
    I saw your comment and for some reason i substituted Glob with Doop and thought to myself i need to find the languages tables for him and Krakoa and see if they have any similarities, probably not, but i think it would be fun to see Doop and Krakoa try to communicate with each other in their respective forms of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Rockslide and Anole are going to develop Krakoan Trap. It's going to be another nice Krakoan export.
    Now you got me thinking about Bling and Dazzler.

I was wondering about it earlier too. In Excalibur, Apocalypse introduces himself as . --|A|-- . (this forum needs a Krakoan font), and Trinary is snarky about her ability to pronounce it. That suggests Krakoan involves phonemes that don't sound close to most, if any, human languages.

Well, if I were being very linguistically strict, it just rules out whatever language Trinary speaks (Hindi? Tamil? Urdu?) and English, but I think it implies that it doesn't sound like any language she has heard, to the point where she can't imagine reproducing it.

All-New Member

Now you got me thinking about Bling and Dazzler.
    Lila Cheney is another mutant musician. We recently saw her with Dazzler on Krakoa

I'm not sure, but i think that the language being spoken by mutants is a form of language developed by mutants, while Krakoa has it's own form of communication that seems to be something only understood by Doug at the moment. Now i wonder could Krakoa use the environment to form symbols to convey messages to mutants on the Island? For Instance Krakoa using the environment to convey a message to the inhabitants.
    The problem is not that Krakoa lacks the means to transmit messages, it is that its language and way of seeing the world is drastically different from what a human or mutant mind can understand. It is not a problem of "not having a mouth", it is more complex.

Even with Xavier telepathy he could only catch very general ideas like "I sad. Xavier friend. I hungry". So they need Doug, his power is to understand ANY language.