Default Favorite 2010's Team Roster

What was your favorite team roster of the 2010's? Whether or not you want to factor in the quality of the book the team was in, in your answer, is up to you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    What was your favorite team roster of the 2010's? Whether or not you want to factor in the quality of the book the team was in, in your answer, is up to you.
    Extinction team.

Pre-HOX/POX, I assume?

1) Abnett's New Mutants.
    It was in the 2010s, right? Cannonball, Sunspot, Warlock, Mirage, Magma, Karma, Blink, Cypher.
    Magik was missing but at least, it had Warlock, and not Armlock.

2) New Mutants: Dead Souls
    Magik, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Strong Guy, Boom Boom

3) Spurrier's X-Force.
    Hope, Dr Nemesis, Fantomex, Marrow and somebody else I can't remember.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Going for a top three as well:

3) Amazing X-Men (Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Beast, Firestar, Storm, Northstar, Iceman, Colossus): The roster never quite lived up to it's potential - it was a large roster to start with, and it often got bloated with guest stars, the Kyost Whedon-wannabe snark didn't read well, and the characterization of Alpha Flight was just dreary af. Still, there were some good character moments, numerous cameos from the Academy X team, and the art was quite good up to the last arc. And Wolverine got downplayed after the first story, which is always nice.

2) The X-Tremists (Jubilee, Psylocke, Blob, Northstar, Iceman): I wish this team had been part of a more cohesive event, because some of the character work was just fab. Yeah, Bobby kind of got the short end, but Fred, JP, Betsy and Jubes all got some excellent spotlight. But the inconsistent art and weird timeline kneecapped the book somewhat.

1) Astonishing X-Men (Gambit, Wolverine, Northstar, Karma, Iceman, Warbird): I loathed Warbird. Hated her guts and gizzard. So I hope it says something about how much I enjoyed Liu's work with Shan, Jean-Paul, and Bobby that this was my fave line-up of the decade regardless. Best work with Iceman in ages, and it was shamefully ignored. Much needed advancement of Jean-Paul's character. A little backward-facing with Karma, but still a good story. And Wolverine got blown up at Northstar's wedding, so I enjoyed the event twice as much as I thought I would! Down sides included art that wasn't the best fit for some of the stories and Warbird's continued existence. But overall, really enjoyable.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-19-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Pre-HOXPOX, in no particular order:

1) Emma’s New Hellions

2) Rogue’s JGS Squadron

3) Department X

EDIT: I’ve been ninja’d by Anduinel because we both recognize the tantalizing team talent of the X-Tremists