Default Demon Slayer vs The Promised Neverland

Kamado Tanjirou, Kamado Nezuko, Agatsuma Zenitsu and Hashibira Inosuke get transported into a random cattle factory in the demon world of The Promised Neverland. The timeline is at Chapter 1 of The Promised Neverland's story. What happens?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Couple of questions for ya:

- Is this current manga versions of team good boys?
    - Do they have their weapons upon spawning in?
    - I gave up reading Promised Neverland just after the arc with the hunting plantation where they killed the owner with guns. From what I recall, I would not have felt that the demons in the series would be a real issue for the Demon Slayers. Did things get any more impressive or powerful from that point on?

Initial thoughts, my money is on team good boys.

Not certain about current Demon Slayers, but from what I have seen of the anime....

Just a random cattle factory, I feel that the Slayers can probably fight their way out of that. The Promised Neverland's demons have a bunch of speed and strength and regeneration, but the Demon Slayers should have enough speed and skill to offset that. There are no Blood Techniques to throw normal tactics off. The big question is whether they figure out the trick about the cores early enough to avoid leaving survivors. I have a feeling if word gets back to the capital about some actual fighters, the demons will send out some bigger guns who simply have too high stats for the current anime Demon Slayers to deal with. It might take a Royal to take them down, but.... they are 4 people against an entire society, and the vast majority of humans they could run across are incapable or unwilling to help them.

As for the Royals.... I honestly do not think the anime group could take down Lewis. The guy is the "pluck bullets from the air from 4-5 different directions" type. I think lightning-boy's move is the only thing that could outspeed and damage Lewis, and, well, unless he nails the core the first time, I doubt he is getting a second shot.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Not certain about current Demon Slayers, but from what I have seen of the anime....

Just a random cattle factory, I feel that the Slayers can probably fight their way out of that. The Promised Neverland's demons have a bunch of speed and strength and regeneration, but the Demon Slayers should have enough speed and skill to offset that. There are no Blood Techniques to throw normal tactics off. The big question is whether they figure out the trick about the cores early enough to avoid leaving survivors. I have a feeling if word gets back to the capital about some actual fighters, the demons will send out some bigger guns who simply have too high stats for the current anime Demon Slayers to deal with. It might take a Royal to take them down, but.... they are 4 people against an entire society, and the vast majority of humans they could run across are incapable or unwilling to help them.

As for the Royals.... I honestly do not think the anime group could take down Lewis. The guy is the "pluck bullets from the air from 4-5 different directions" type. I think lightning-boy's move is the only thing that could outspeed and damage Lewis, and, well, unless he nails the core the first time, I doubt he is getting a second shot.
    Current manga boys are considerably stronger and faster than their anime counterparts. Particularly Tanjiro.

You got scans or a chapter reference for bullet catching? Because that sounds like it will be, at least, quite problematic for team good boys to handle. Not impossible, depending on the feat in question, but definitely a big challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Current manga boys are considerably stronger and faster than their anime counterparts. Particularly Tanjiro.

You got scans or a chapter reference for bullet catching? Because that sounds like it will be, at least, quite problematic for team good boys to handle. Not impossible, depending on the feat in question, but definitely a big challenge.
    Well, the entire fight basically boiled down to, "If Lewis can see, he can catch our bullets and we cannot hurt him, so we have to take him out before he regains his sight". I do have chapter references at least.

Chapter 87 - has a trap where pre-placed guns are fired automatically. Fairly poor aim, but at least some automatic weapons in the bunch (several belt-fed machineguns are shown). The biggest thing is that Lewis is surrounded on all sides. After they go off, the kids are asking "Did any of them (the bullets) hit?", and Lewis is shown with two handfuls of bullets in his hands, and being untouched.

Chapter 91 - three of the kids moving down a narrow hallway firing back at Lewis. Both sides are confident that if Lewis had his sight, dodging or catching all of the incoming fire would be possible for Lewis. At least 60 bullets are on the 2-page spread heading down the hall to Lewis.

Chapter 92 - Lewis gets his sight back enough to blitz Emma. Not a bullet-catching feat, but supports the other times he's gone from more than 10 feet in front of a person to behind them before they realized he moved, despite staring at him. Chapter 86 has another instance.

Chapter 93 - After Lewis put Emma down, the rest of the characters start shooting at him. There's a few panels of Lewis with handfulls of bullets, implying he is catching the ones that would have hit him. It is at least implied that the kids have lost until Emma comes back from the dead to use a flare bullet to blind Lewis for another few seconds.

Honestly? I think the biggest problem for the Royals is that they are no longer used to skilled opponents, and they tend to take hits and rely on regeneration in response to unexpected events. I think even the anime boys might have a chance against Lewis if they can avoid getting flash-step-skewered in the opening exchanges, and lop off some big bits in return. Simply the difference in their physical capabilities between the boys and normal people, as well as actually having skill with the swords. And, yes, granting them the knowledge of the cores so they know how to kill the demons, since simple beheading does NOT work for the Promised Neverland ones.

So if the boys have improved as much as you have implied in the manga, that should weigh things in their favor even more. This in turn means that team good boys should probably be able to hold out in most fights until they run into a situation where they simply get overwhelmed with numbers.

And now that I look at the scenario.... yeah, they are going to cause a fair bit of chaos until Norman gets in contact with them, which has the end result of.... well, a lot less human deaths up to the current manga issue. I do not think they would necessarily accelerate any plans, because they can only act as local force multipliers, but they can at the least take some of the strain off of Norman's elite fighters. And Norman's oversight would mean they would get the information they need to be effective, as well as helping them avoid the overwhelming numbers bit.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight