Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I think the real problem with DC at the moment is its editorial and executive direction.
    I definitely agree with that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

Joelle jones on catwoman - im about 8 issues behind but what ive read so far i thoroughly enjoyed and the book looks gorgeous

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

For the mainline books, the only greats are some of the old guard (Morrison, Rucka, Johns) who are not writing as much as they used to. Especially Johns, whose schedule is making the decompression of his books even worse, especially Shazam. Priest is also great and should get more stuff.

After that, Tim Seeley is a personal favorite of mine. Unfortunately, he seems to get relegated to filler. He is far and away the best recent Dick Grayson writer (at this point, maybe we should consider a lot of Grayson's greatness as being down to him?), and has a solid grasp on most others he writes. I'd love to have him take over Superman or Wonder Woman or even Batman, but that seems unlikely. Tom King meanwhile is either great or terrible without anything in between.

Of the others, I don't have any strong feelings on DeKonnick yet. Her Aquaman is ok, better than the book has been in a while, but not spectacular. I also really liked Orlando's Supergirl and Midnighter, but he's rarely been that good again. At worst I think he's just ok, but but not as terrible as some make him out to be. The others (Snyder, Tynion, Bendis) I've grown to not care for.

For the niche books, Way is still great on Doom Patrol, and I like what I've read of the new Dreaming and Lucifer series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I only read DC, and I think DC is a disaster at the moment. I'm enjoying some of the Wonder titles -- Jimmy Olsen, Young Justice and Wonder Twins -- but those feel like weird outsiders in a lineup built on silly stunts and gimmicks.
    Agreed.

I am only reading the Wonder Titles now...and only 2 of them.

Pretty darn awful. Lots of mediocre writers that not only don't inspire excitement, but aren't even worth reading. Pretty much all of their low-mid talent. Even some of their "top of the line" talent seem more manufactured than anything. Not big names by merit, but just kinda promoted there.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

I am currently reading Teen Titans by Adam Glass and I am enjoying it quite a bit. Although, I have to say the art could be better. But the the book is getting Eduardo Pansica on art in February so yay.

I have a love/hate relationship with Glass' Titans but if there's one thing it's always been, it's well written. It may not be what you wanna see from a Teen Titans comic but damn if ain't still good.

The art on the other hand.... is technically good....but I can't get over the characters puckering their lips every other panel. It's really distracting and it's especially bad on Damian and Roundhouse.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, the art leaves something to be desired I am really happy to see Eduardo Pansica getting more work his art on the current Supergirl book is great. Also they are not kicking off the current artist completely he still gets to do cover art so everyone wins. No one is out of a job.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 11-21-2019 at 02:24 PM.