Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    When we had the Polaris led team without the O5 it was much better imo.

If they let Bunn turn the O5 into the new Exiles it would have been very cool though.
    It was better then the teen O5 stuff, but it also did Lorna not many favors as it tried to push her too much into the adult Jean role just as adult Jean was returning. Bunn wrote it before she returned. It also centered the character around her weak 80s/90s pathos.

That doesn't mean the current era will be better for her and it will take awhile to know the reality there, but Vita and Hickman's Lorna felt like Lorna to me not Jean. I didn't see how it opened doors for the character, the current set up is not exactly opening doors for her either, though I would rather the current set up and depiction then Lorna on an ongoing built around a 80s/90s framework that is destined to fail.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-22-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It was better then the teen O5 stuff, but it also did Lorna no favors as it tried to push her too much into the adult Jean role just as adult Jean was returning. Bunn wrote it before she returned. It also centered the character around her weak 80s/90s pathos.

That doesn't mean the current era will be better for her and it will take awhile to know the reality there, but Vita and Hickman's Lorna felt like Lorna to me not Jean. I didn't see how it opened doors for the character, the current set up is not exactly opening doors for her either, though I would rather the current set up and depiction then Lorna on an ongoing built around a 80s/90s framework that is destined to fail.
    I found Lorna's leadership style far different than what Jean was when she returned. Lorna showed more aggression and fire that Jean fans wish she displayed a fraction of

Jean was more concerned with lifting people out of harm's way whereas Lorna was more about f--king sentinels up and the hell with collateral damage

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean was more concerned with lifting people out of harm's way whereas Lorna was more about f--king sentinels up and the hell with collateral damage
    That scene I gave credit to as it was a big reverse of Bunn's Last Days scenes with Magneto fighting Sentinels and Lorna totally focused on the potential for collateral damage and screaming and swearing at him while the world is going to end that he isn't focused enough about civilians during the battle. I kind of made the point once or twice... or maybe a few more times then that about the whole being a survivor of a Sentinel genocide is not going to play nice with Sentinels and someone was listening and for that Bunn deserves credit.

There were some scenes during Bunn's run that felt to me like modern Lorna and that was one of them. Overall it was a slow incremental improvement for the character from Last Days in 2015 to Cry Havok three years later in several areas, but generally I stand by the character needed more of an edge consistently earlier, while also saying Jean of late should have more fire and I am not just talking about House of X Jean, but before that as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-22-2019 at 01:04 PM.