Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    I think it would be a good one too. Maybe he will even address Pixie.
    If I may ask, without derailing the thread...What does Pixie have to do with Mastermind?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If I may ask, without derailing the thread...What does Pixie have to do with Mastermind?
    Pixie may or may not be his daughter with a Welsh faerie, most writers tend to ignore that retcon

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's his daughter as of Pixie Strikes Back.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    She's his daughter as of Pixie Strikes Back.
    Even his own daughters have accepted it during that LS.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Even his own daughters have accepted it during that LS.
    That book really deserved more love than it got.

Oh.
    Thanx, guys. I appreciate the clarification.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Another good choice for Shaw's Black Court would be Adrienne Frost. Emma would be livid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Another good choice for Shaw's Black Court would be Adrienne Frost. Emma would be livid.
    As you brought them up...I do wonder how/if Adrienne and Cordelia will play a part in Marauders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I really want to know who is currently in charge of the reincanation selection process, because if Betsy's troubled brother can return from the dead without her being consulted, I can see someone doing it to Emma as well. But if she is, that would be hella fun to read about.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh and this colorist needs to get it together. Gateway looked straight up white and the light don't completely change the color of black/brown skin to make a 5 shades lighter.

Though in his slight defense Loli draws a lot of faces that look the same/similar. Not a lot of variation.
    I only skimmed the issue, but I thought Gateway was some kind of Santa Clause gnome when I saw him. Wouldn't have known who it was if I didn't see it here. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I only skimmed the issue, but I thought Gateway was some kind of Santa Clause gnome when I saw him. Wouldn't have known who it was if I didn't see it here. lol
    Yeah, it didn't looked like gateway anway.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The issue opens up with a data page from the US Navy. They've been tracking the Marauders and the Hellfire Ships for a while now, even though Storm is making it hard for their satellites to track them. The US Navy theory is that the Marauders are just a big flashy show to draw eyes elsewhere while the true drugs shipping takes place elsewhere.

Cut to the preview scene with the Cuckoos first and the Hellfire meeting next, where we see Emma messing around with Shaw and making fun of his money problems and bad investments.
    Essentially Shaw has been moving Krakoan drugs to rich countries, invading Emma's territory and breaking his part of the deal (he should only deal with the black market).

Because of this now Emma is going to punish him and show him that he shouldn't try to work behind her back. She sends the Marauders to catch a ship that was to reach an African country that couldn't get the drugs, but that was instead diverted by Shaw to a rich country house to profit from the drugs selling.

Badroc the Leaper is the mercenary that has been hired by Shaw to bring the drugs to the new location, and the team fight him and his crew.
    Nice scene with Ororo being kicked by Batroc and being like "I should kill him now. But I swore not to kill goddammit". They fight, Pyro is overzealous and very fun to watch and in the end Batroc tries to work out a deal with Kitty. They'll split the money and then send the drugs to the original destination, but Kitty says they don't care about money now (Krakoa grows it on trees quite literally) so they're going to sink everything. They leave Batroc and his crew at sea while the Costal Guard heads there to arrest them.

After Bobby and Pyro try to sell the ship they head to Taipei to meet with Bishop. But first they go clubbing and they get drunk because why not.

When they meet with Bishop, he tells them about Xavier's assassination. Quite bummed about it, the Marauders go to a tatoo shop to drink and get a tatoo. Except no one wants one (for various, kinda hilarious reasons), except Pyro who is all in for this new heroic role and gets a freaking skull tattoo on his whole face. I love him.

Emma and Shaw are arguing in the meantime. Shaw says that stealing the ship and sinking the goods has hurt him economically and that he wants something in return for that excessive measure: he wants to choose who will sit on the Red Throne. Emma says to him that no way she'll let him choose, in fact she had already covered up, even before Shaw was brought back to the Hellfire Club. She's always had in mind who the Red King/Queen would be and, when she was the only one in charge, she elected him/her.

She then telepatically sends Gateway (nice to see him! And working for Ems. Gen X throwback) to get them in Taipei and go to London for Kate's coronation. They get there and see their new, shiny ship : the Marauder, that is as big and excessive as you'd expect from a ship commisioned by Emma Frost. Oh and there's guns.

The crew is left there, while Kitty heads for the Hellfire Club, where Shaw is losing his mind and he gets so angry that he even smashes Emma on a wall and she's like "what are you even going to do to stop us other than having to repay me for the broken wall?". Right at that moment Kitty shows up and announces that she is the new Red Queen.

There's a data page with the new Hellfire hierarchy. No more Queens and Kings, just monarchs with a bishop and a knight each. Christian Frost is the only one that has already been elected, as the White Bishop.
    I have a hard time reconciling this version of Kitty Pryde to the one who was leading her team of X-Men on the Gold title. I never took her for a drunkard for example, but she seems quite adept with the bottle in this serie...
    And randomly kissing that tattooer in Taipei? Hah. I'll remember fondly of her "agonizing" over abandonning Colossus at the altar a few months back…
    Maybe a blessing in disguise for him after all.
    Frankly, not impressed with that version of her, I thought she had outgrown the petulant childish persona a long time ago, for all the flak Gold has taken she actually felt like an adult in this serie… Here, she's acting like a sophomore. I should have thought better I guess...

That being said.

Krakoa is going at extensive length to make sure the drugs are being supplied on the black market, so that's a positive. Realistically, I'm not expecting the Hellfire Company to be able to maintain such a tight leash on everyone willing to do black market around the world, but that's a great effort from them. The Red Queen revelation fizzled out badly though. Such a non-stunner.

Also, fun note. For all the discourse about Storm being a "goddess" going on these forums, she's now been kicked around by Batroc of all people, after having been depowered by some russian mook, two issues in. Some godly feats really…

2.0/5

The issue was amiable to read, but the cartoonish characterization of some of the protagonists is boring me fast. It didn't help that the issue felt fillery from beginning to end.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 11-21-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I really want to know who is currently in charge of the reincanation selection process, because if Betsy's troubled brother can return from the dead without her being consulted, I can see someone doing it to Emma as well. But if she is, that would be hella fun to read about.
    If the Council has any saying in Resurrections then I don't see Adrienne being brought back. Also, they might not want her back because psychometry is pretty similar to a clairvoyance power. Touch Mags cape and then you know everything about Moira.

Cordelia being brought in as Black Bishop or Black Knight would mess so much with Emma lol. I hope Shaw does it and she gets super mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    If the Council has any saying in Resurrections then I don't see Adrienne being brought back. Also, they might not want her back because psychometry is pretty similar to a clairvoyance power. Touch Mags cape and then you know everything about Moira.

Cordelia being brought in as Black Bishop or Black Knight would mess so much with Emma lol. I hope Shaw does it and she gets super mad.
    Agree on the Cordelia thing.

Plus, if I remember correctly, Emma said that Cordelia is "Charles Xavier of empathy" so she might be just as powerful, if not more so, than Emma.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I though this issue was okay. It convened kinda the things this team will be involved in. The addition of Shaw using non -mutants to conduct some of his business operations is something that maybe a problem if others get in on the market outside of his influence. I like the idea of the X-men possibly having conflicts with various groups that want to take advantage of the situation.I'm awaiting for the team to get more cohesive so they can get more in depth with the team purpose.