Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    WTF does that have to do with character working with people who tried to kidnap her at age 14? This not about angest era which was dumb. This about character drastically changing in bad ways and becoming the red queen. Which in context character history makes no sense beyond just kidnapping.
    You sure read that story and this one very differently to me.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

What is Kitty's easiest way to control Emma not doing anything wrong? What is Emma's obvious choice to have someone close to watch over her?

It is exactly the same situation as in Astonishing X-Men, it is obvious why Kitty would accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't think it's audacious to ask for explanations for radical changes, I just think you won't have any. I may be wrong but, apparently, writers have decided not to be bothered with continuity. They just use elements from the past to make their own creation. Now, do you like the characters the way they are depicted? Do you like the stories? Reading Kate's stories now and thinking about the way she was in the past with others writers, sure, it creates a dissonance.
    Pretty much this. Writers saw Krakoa and the time jump to do whatever they want

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    WTF does that have to do with character working with people who tried to kidnap her at age 14? This not about angest era which was dumb. This about character drastically changing in bad ways and becoming the red queen. Which in context character history makes no sense beyond just kidnapping.
    It's a total corruption of the character

Are people crazy?

Gateway is clear Australian Aboriginal here.

The whiteness is the flash of his power.

Maybe its not as clear but that is the intention by the coloring smh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Are people crazy?

Nobody is crazy. Sure, the penciller portrayed him correctly, but the colorist is generally failing the characters of color. This being the most egregious example. Bright light doesn’t magically erase melanin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Are people crazy?

I will admit that I did not take notice of these things on first read, but when I went back and looked at Gateway, honestly if I did not know in my head who he was I might have been under the wrong impression of his skin color. My mind, knowing what he should look like, just corrected things, but a new reader would have no idea. The bigger problem is that the more this happens, the more likely that these images end up being the references for future colorists.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What is Kitty's easiest way to control Emma not doing anything wrong? What is Emma's obvious choice to have someone close to watch over her?

It is exactly the same situation as in Astonishing X-Men, it is obvious why Kitty would accept.
    You and RachelGrey keep saying this but I honestly believe there's more substance to this than just that. If it was just that frankly I'd be bored with the premise of the book. Since like you say it's already been done, and it isn't terribly subversive or asking any questions really. It's MUCH more interesting to actually have Kate going through a "journey" and changing as a character in a new reality.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    You and RachelGrey keep saying this but I honestly believe there's more substance to this than just that. If it was just that frankly I'd be bored with the premise of the book. Since like you say it's already been done, and it isn't terribly subversive or asking any questions really. It's MUCH more interesting to actually have Kate going through a "journey" and changing as a character in a new reality.
    I honestly think this is actually it. For all of them really. The scene where they react to Xavier's death was kinda the moment where it establishes this perfectly. They've been told things are better and that death isn't scary anymore but when faced with the reality they take a moment to collect themselves/convince themselves about it again.

The out of characterness is also a part of that, when your reality has been changed, how would one react? They're all pushing themselves to their extremes and I'm sure they'll have to confront that soon.

I am very much loving this book, coloring issues aside.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Kate taking the Red Queen position allows her to make active decisions about how to best allocate resources to help mutants around the world, while also keeping Shaw (and perhaps Emma) in check, and guarantees her a position on the Quiet Council of Krakoa. Why in the world wouldn't she accept?

EDIT: Wrong thread

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Loved this issue. It was quite entertaining, all around.
    I absolutely LOVED that they're no longer using a rinky-dink sailboat.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My guess is that Shaw will ask to bring back the original Mastermind to be his Black Bishop...just to stick it to Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Kate taking the Red Queen position allows her to make active decisions about how to best allocate resources to help mutants around the world, while also keeping Shaw (and perhaps Emma) in check, and guarantees her a position on the Quiet Council of Krakoa. Why in the world wouldn't she accept?
    Right. She went from HBIC to an afterthought. This is her way back in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    My guess is that Shaw will ask to bring back the original Mastermind to be his Black Bishop...just to stick it to Emma.
    Oooo good thought! I’d love to see the Mastermind family drama spill out into this book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Oooo good thought! I’d love to see the Mastermind family drama spill out into this book.
    I think it would be a good one too. Maybe he will even address Pixie.