Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Kitty making out with random dudes is gross.
    What's gross is this double-standard! Kate can't indulge in a little random fun, but it's cool if Tony Stark folds half the phonebook when he feels like getting his horny on?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Kitty celebrated her 21st birthday in a comic that came out almost a decade ago (Girl Comics).

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I'm still trying to make sense of why Kitty would ever take the job of red queen. Only thing that make sense if it was undercover job but there is no sign of that
    That's the point of the book though, showing Kitty --> Kate. She's changing.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Kitty making out with random dudes is gross.
    It was sexual assault.

Yeah, Kitty needs a few lessons in consent.

Mostly enjoy this book but I do wish the colourist would learn to colour non-white-people. Storm just has a light tan and Gateway looks like Santa Claus! It's a sin.

Also, we're cool with the X-Men stealing and selling random boats now? What a bunch of jerks.

Astonishing Member

I prefer it when the Hellfire Club is made of businessmen (that is also why I dislike Selene there)
    the character that would make most sense taking the third spot is Warren Worthington
    So, Kitty better begin to make some money

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What's gross is this double-standard! Kate can't indulge in a little random fun, but it's cool if Tony Stark folds half the phonebook when he feels like getting his horny on?
    More like people called it gross that Peter kissed kitty in age of x-man and have been relatively silent on kitty doing the same thing here (to someone she doesn’t have a memory-repressed path with no less).

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Kate is uninhibited right now, and willing to try new things. The old grudges and emnities are over. If Betsy Braddock can work with Apocalypse after the hell his legacy put her through in Uncanny X-Force, then anything is possible.
    Doesn't matter old grudges gone. Still wouldn't she ever work with the group. Not have grudge but never million in a years would join them. Its way out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That's the point of the book though, showing Kitty --> Kate. She's changing.
    Still doesn't make sense or make it good.

Plus the whole "grudges are over" arguments falls flat regardless. That's most of the reason Emma and Shaw are bitching at each other! And its never felt like a sensible or meaningful thing because nobody has actually buried the hatchet or apologized or anything on-panel. Xavier just sort of declared it to be so, and nobody has any real reason to be buddies with each other. Especially since people like Apocalypse, Shaw and Sinister haven't changed their ways or given any indication that they're admitting they did anything wrong or even apologized to any of the people they screwed over.

I'm still trying to make sense of why Kitty would ever take the job of red queen. Only thing that make sense if it was undercover job but there is no sign of that
    Undercover... for what?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Undercover... for what?
    Making sure they keeping up their end on no more grudges part. They were trying anything. There is a lot of reasons go undercover.

Making sure they keeping up their end on no more grudges part. They were trying anything. There is a lot of reasons go undercover.
    I mean, Kitty could be doing all of that without being undercover.

Hellfire is part of Krakoa's government now. It seems a little weird to be talking about a mutant going undercover in it considering that.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think the coloring on the book is mostly really lovely. I think it's also clear the coloring on Storm and Gateway needs work, and in this day and age after having systemic attempts by editorial to lighten up characters of color where possible at the Big Two it's worth pointing out for improvement. I was giving it a pass on Storm in the first issue given lighting effects, but Gateway looks like an anchovy.
    I mostly agree with that. I take exception to people saying “get a proper colourist in” when Blee is a proper colourist. Plus, even though many of us would very much want some darker skin tones for representation and progress picking on a colourist for that is not really fair. Lobby Marvel, raise the issue here and elsewhere, but there is no need to make the attack personal against a specific individual.

I would prefer the colourists we’re briefed more fully on these sensitivities, and I would prefer Storm and Bishop were more consistent across the line. But even if those things were done there would be absolutely nothing wrong with the colour choices for Gateway in this issue, for example. The colour choices were composition based not skin tone based.

Careful what we wish for. We could lobby for a specific colour choice and they may decide to instruct Alex Ross to lighten Storm for consistency.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-21-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Honestly, regarding skin tones, I just assumed the lighter tones were a lighting effect from the use of powers. Gateway, for example, tears a hole through reality, bathing the entire background and cast in strange, brilliant lighting. I was way more irritated that Bishop had nothing to say to his grampa, then I was by this alleged colorism.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well that last page surely was no surprise anymore, whahaha.

I do wonder who will take the other seats.

Somehow this series seems to have a very slow take-off.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================